• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Pokémon Sword and Shield (National Mode) Summer Spectacular 2021 - Signup Thread

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
As it's currently hot enough that water is boiling off my tinted windows, it's time for another summer-themed tournament! What, we just wrapped the Spring festival? So what! It's summertime, baby!

FORMAT: Preliminary 1v1 matches, with a Double Elimination tournament for those with the highest record. (Single Battles)

PLATFORM: Pokémon Showdown

RULESET: Modified Gen 8 National Mode OU (Detailed below)

ALLOWED POKEMON: Any Pokémon that is at least partially Grass OR Fire OR Bug OR Ground.

BANNED POKEMON: Smogon NatDex Ubers, any Pokémon that is not at least partially Grass/Fire/Bug/Ground.

*****DYNAMAX AND GIGAMAX ARE BANNED*****
Mega Stones and Z-Moves are allowed.

ALL Type-Changing Abilities (Protean/Libero/Color Change) are banned.

SIGN-UP DEADLINE:
Friday, July 23, 2021, 11:59 PM PST

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: You may not edit your team until the preliminary round has concluded. Teams must be sent to @Spiritual Mask Salesman for verification before beginning.

PRELIMINARY FORMAT: The number of matches will depend on the size of the tournament. The more sign up, the more practice you can get in. Those with the best Win/Loss record after all preliminary matches have concluded will move onto the Double Elimination finals.

ENTRANTS:
Terminus
Princess Niki
Scarfed
Fig
ExLight
thePlinko
chevywolf

Last edited:
Reactions: Fig

Fig

The Altruist
Sign me up. Sir! What happened to Water?! You can't have summer without water! Sir!
tenor.gif

Terminus

in

oh boy cant wait for the tournament to end during winter!
We're going to have year-round tournaments! And by that I mean we'll have 4 tournaments that all take over three months each.

Not to worry though, I'll be splitting up the Round Robin phase this go. No more "eleven games per person" crap.

Terminus

Still singles
Still ou
Just wanna know why
Its almost like it's the most popular format.

If people would do their matches quicker we'd have time to do more than the seasonal games. I already have an Ubers and a Monotype planned if we ever have some time to spare, and might branch out into lower tiers if we can get these moving really quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom