• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Pokémon Sword and Shield (National Mode) Spring Festival - Preliminary Thread

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Alright, I figured out how to automate the process, so there is no more waiting!

Please send your teams to @Spiritual Mask Salesman. Keep in mind the type restrictions. Any disallowed Pokemon participating in a given match will be treated as a forfeit. We do not expect participants to be checking teams mid-match, so any breaking of rules will likely be determined afterwards.

ALLOWED POKEMON: Any Pokémon that is at least partially Grass OR Water OR Fairy OR Ground.

BANNED POKEMON: Smogon NatDex Ubers, any Pokémon that is not at least partially Grass/Water/Fairy/Ground.

The Preliminary Matches will be a Round Robin, where everyone will get a chance to face everyone else! The Top Eight Players will advance to the final double-elimination round.

In the interest of efficacy, I will be posting all round information at once. When you post your replay in this thread, make sure you mention your opponent as well as what round it is for, for ease of navigation and management.

Without further ado... Here! We! Go!

1618676396835.png
1618676413202.png
1618676426494.png

EDIT 4/24/21: If you wish to use the index list method for organization, please ALSO post in the thread with the matches. It keeps the thread going and makes finding new matches significantly easier.

Last edited:

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
nooo they just banned magearna :v
I'm assuming teams that had her have to change it now?
Nope, the tournament had already started before that point.

For efficacy's sake, we'll need to do "Custom Game."

Teams will be allowed editing after the preliminary round, so I may update the restrictions then.

EDIT: I just tested it, and Showdown is till allowing Magearna on NatDex teams. We'll see how this unfolds.

Last edited:

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
how on earth did your garchomp manage to 2-shot my carracosta with earthquake? Even with a life orb that seems impossible, especially since i had aurora veil active.
Does it have EVs on HP or Def?

252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Carracosta through Reflect: 165-196 (57 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

You also had lowered Def for the second hit. So honestly even if you had defensive spread it would probably kill.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Does it have EVs on HP or Def?

252 Atk Life Orb Garchomp Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Carracosta through Reflect: 165-196 (57 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after hail damage

You also had lowered Def for the second hit. So honestly even if you had defensive spread it would probably kill.
Oh yeah, I forgot water doesn’t resist ground.
Though I was already below half health during the second turn, the lowered defense made no difference.

Last edited:

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Last edited:

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
We don't have to do the rounds in order, right?

Round 01 -
Round 02 -
Round 03 -
Round 04 -
Round 05 -
Round 06 -
Round 07 -
Round 08 -
Round 09 -
Round 10 -
Round 11 -

Going to leave this here and update as it goes.
I'm available most of the days and at most of the time, so just hit me up either here or on Discord and we'll prolly be able to schedule.
Wait fr? Can we do this?

Round 01 -
Round 02 -
Round 03 -
Round 04 -
Round 05 -
Round 06 -
Round 07 -
Round 08 -
Round 09 -
Round 10 -
Round 11 -