• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Pokémon Sword and Shield (National Mode) Spring Festival - Preliminary Thread

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
gettin real tired of this grass type bullcrap

(a side note: we're missing offensive fire types because there are no fire type pokemon that share a water/grass/fairy typing, that's part of the reason for their strength this time around)
Volcanion?

There are some passable bug options as well as ice priority (that sceptile set gets annihilated by ice shard mamoswine lmao). Something like Toxapex provides good resistant defense, but on the whole, it does require a bit too much centralization. Something to keep in mind for future goes (although I if I went bug, then it would be in three of the four seasonal tournaments and that's a little bit too much, in my opinion).

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
oh yeah, I don't count mythical pokemon because they're never allowed, I forget they exist most of the time

not that there's anything wrong with different types being stronger or weaker at times ofc, but I do think people rely on fire types to check grass types so without fire types people are using grass types to check grass types lol

Terminus

oh yeah, I don't count mythical pokemon because they're never allowed, I forget they exist most of the time

not that there's anything wrong with different types being stronger or weaker at times ofc, but I do think people rely on fire types to check grass types so without fire types people are using grass types to check grass types lol
Its HP Fire all the way down.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
gettin real tired of this grass type bullcrap

(a side note: we're missing offensive fire types because there are no fire type pokemon that share a water/grass/fairy typing, that's part of the reason for their strength this time around)
Ice, Flying, Fire, Bug, Poison
Grass has plenty of weaknesses (iirc might be the type with most weaknesses), the last one also hitting fairy. The only one that really needs a fire to counter is ferrothorn but it should still be mildly easy to take down with fighting moves, which aren't too uncommon.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Ice, Flying, Fire, Bug, Poison
Grass has plenty of weaknesses (iirc might be the type with most weaknesses), the last one also hitting fairy. The only one that really needs a fire to counter is ferrothorn but it should still be mildly easy to take down with fighting moves, which aren't too uncommon.
Hell I was able to one-shot Sixrig’s ferrothorn with a clefable using flamethrower. Grass may clearly be the best type in this tournament, but that doesn’t mean you have no way of dealing with them.

Terminus

Alright, master-post of matches that have YET to be completed. This has been a learning experience, and if we do Round Robin again I'm splitting people into subgroups, because this is an unholy nightmare.

@Sixrig vs Terminus
@Princess Niki vs @TL The Legend
@Chevywolf30 vs @Doc
@Pen vs @Obi-Wan kenodi
@ExLight vs @Fig
Fig vs @Scarfed
Obi-Wan vs Exlight
Doc vs pen
TL vs Chevywolf
Pen vs TL
Sixrig vs PrincessKiki
Scarfed vs Obi Wan
@thePlinko vs Fig
TL vs Exlight
ObiWan vs thePlinko
Doc vs Scarfed
Fig vs Sixrig
Scarfed vs TL
Sixrig vs Chevywolf
Fig vs ObiWan
Doc vs Fig
TL vs thePlinko
PrincessNiki vs Exlight
ObiWan vs Sixrig
Obiwan vs Doc
Scarfed vs PrincessNiki
Fig vs TL
Sixrig vs Pen
Chevywolf vs Scarfed
TL vs Obiwan
Teminus vs Fig
PrincessNiki vs Plinko
Doc vs Sixrig
Fig vs PrincessNiki
ObiWan vs Terminus
Doc vs TL
PrincessNiki vs ObiWan
Terminus vs Doc
TL vs Sixrig
Chevywolf vs Fig
Pen vs thePlinko
Exlight vs Scarfed
Sixrig vs Scarfed
Fig vs Pen
Obiwan vs Chevywolf
Doc vs PrincessNiki
TL vs Terminus

FURTHERMORE: Match status may be found HERE

TL The Legend

Likes OoT way more than he should.
maybe he has crappy internet. PS takes like 5 whole minutes to load and another 5 minutes to let me sign in, mostly because my internet is horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom