• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Pokémon Sword and Shield (National Mode) Spooktacular 2021 - Game Thread

Fig

The Altruist
Hey, I actually told fig when I’d be on, not only did he not respond, but he got snarky for some reason because I wasn’t on at the exact same time as him.

I at least made the attempt.
This is a lie, otherwise, I would have been told this. I never received a PM or a profile message or anything to comeYou're also lying because I why would I be snarky about participating in tournament matches? That's the point of doing matches. There were several days where you just went offline since 2-5 PM CST and since I work until 7 PM CST, naturally I wouldn't be able to get a response. Actually got a notification from Term to schedule the match and I got the assistance from Nikki and she helped me out in the last tournament as well.

Nikki even went ahead and informed me when and if you were online, but apparently it is rather difficult to reach outside the forum as apparently you only have Discord for irl friends, which you can just make a burner account for a response. If you want to be petty about the coinflip, by all means that's understandable. Nobody likes 50/50's unless that's one play style, but do not come and tell lies about me saying I was "snarky" about not being online at the same time.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
This is a lie, otherwise, I would have been told this. I never received a PM or a profile message or anything to come
I probably will be able to in about 8 hours.
This is me directly quoting you earlier in this thread, telling you exactly when I would be on. You never responded to this. You never talked about a time. You never even emoted on it.

You're also lying because I why would I be snarky about participating in tournament matches?
Been trying to do so, my guy. Still waiting within the lobby.
here is a quote if you bring snarky and acting as if I should somehow fully know that you were waiting in a lobby for me
There were several days where you just went offline since 2-5 PM CST and since I work until 7 PM CST, naturally I wouldn't be able to get a response.
so let me get this straight, you criticize me for not messaging you in any way (even though I just proved that I did), and then make no effort yourself to directly message me? Literally all you have to do is hit that quote button. If not, you can @ me or DM me. Out of these 3 options, you did zero.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
We want to have the tournament done before the Holiday events start here and there are 5 more battles between 3 rounds that still need to happen. This tournament usually tends to be the most rushed due to how short the turn around is.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
that's probably a bad excuse, in a single day the same person can play multiple matches if people aren't being a pain in the ass. The remaining amount of matches shouldn't mean anything if people weren't just neglecting it outta sheer laziness

not only that but the other matches could've done while waiting for them, the coinflip didn't speed up the tournament the slightest and if anything might trigger a bad mentality among some players; and if the major issue was scheduling plinko-fig specifically they could've both played scarfed and the subsequent possible matches first while trying to schedule between them

In my case I swear it's not laziness

I just have a billion things going on and in the past three days have gotten 4 hours of sleep

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
That’s not what we’re saying at all
And neither am I incentivizing stalling in the hope of a 50/50, yet people are claiming that's now "precedent."

I've had to threaten coin-flips for years to get people to schedule. It just so happened that it finally came up in this nightmare mess.

also extremely arbitrary when the host is one of the players
Except when scheduling has been a problem on my end, I've willingly taken the loss. Against you as well, iirc.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I tried to match both of you for 3 days and only one of you was reachable at a time, mostly Fig. This is not the first time we have had to do a coin flip, but they are also very rare as its been a couple of years since the last time. Can we please for the love of sanity turn this back into a game thread and not a drama one.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
And neither am I incentivizing stalling in the hope of a 50/50, yet people are claiming that's now "precedent."

I've had to threaten coin-flips for years to get people to schedule. It just so happened that it finally came up in this nightmare mess.
that’s still a precedent whether it was your intention or not. Literally all you had to do was disqualify the person who didn’t put any effort into scheduling and not giving him a bye instead of the person who did.

I tried to match both of you for 3 days and only one of you was reachable at a time, mostly Fig. This is not the first time we have had to do a coin flip, but they are also very rare as its been a couple of years since the last time. Can we please for the love of sanity turn this back into a game thread and not a drama one.
You messaged me once an hour after I was online, when I was sound asleep. Even still, it’s ultimately not your job to schedule anything, and any effort you put in does not change the fact that fig didn’t even try to reach out to me or respond to my message.

TL The Legend

Likes OoT way more than he should.
Guys, just shut up and accept that things happen. Past is prologue, just move on and accept that someone made a mistake, instead of arguing about who made that mistake. This is a game thread not a $%&@ing argument thread

Reactions: Fig

thePlinko

ZD Legend
Guys, just shut up and accept that things happen. Past is prologue, just move on and accept that someone made a mistake, instead of arguing about who made that mistake. This is a game thread not a $%&@ing argument thread
It’s kinda hard for me to move on when I’ve been eliminated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom