• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Music Competition - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Welcome one and all to ZD’s 4th round of the Music Competition! This is a chance for all of us musicians to show of our skills. As some have noticed I have inherited the mantle from Tristan so I just wanted to take a moment to thank Tristan for running this so far and I look forward to hosting for you guys!

OK lets get to it! This time around, our theme is:
Emotion

To go along with the theme, there is an additional requirement that each entry must be an original piece. So no copyrighted music, only original ideas.

All entries must be submitted by the 21st of July, 23:59 EST. Please PM me the entry and I’ll take care of the rest. Keep in mind that it will need to be some kind of link, preferably Soundcloud or YouTube. If you have any questions on the process, I’d be more than happy to help out!

If a deadline extension is needed, I can grant those, but you should really try to finish in the allotted time.

As always, all entries must conform to the Forum Rules, found here:
If you are new to competitions or to ZD, I would encourage you to read through them first!

Good luck everyone and have fun!

Last edited:

Pen

The game is on!
Question: Are these entries supposed to anonymous? Because I will likely upload it to my regular YouTube channel and I know some people here will know which entry is mine based on that. Also, if I want to feature my entry in my blog here, as I usually do with the music I make, is that alright? I mean, if the entries aren't entirely anonymous anyway I might as well, right? Just wanna make sure with you before I do anything.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Question: Are these entries supposed to anonymous? Because I will likely upload it to my regular YouTube channel and I know some people here will know which entry is mine based on that. Also, if I want to feature my entry in my blog here, as I usually do with the music I make, is that alright? I mean, if the entries aren't entirely anonymous anyway I might as well, right? Just wanna make sure with you before I do anything.
So here's the deal. The reason why we have anonymous entries is to keep voting objective. we don't want someone to vote for a specific person just because they are better friends with them and whatnot. I'm sure you understand that, as a competition, its a test of skill that must remain objective. So thats the formal part xD

Here's my view on it. I get that you will probably post it on YouTube and there are certain things that can't be avoided. So either you can find a way to post it anonymously, or if not, its fine, just try to find an alternative before you upload it to youtube and thats good enough for me. it will probably only be a few of us anyways so I doubt it will change much.

Pen

The game is on!
So here's the deal. The reason why we have anonymous entries is to keep voting objective. we don't want someone to vote for a specific person just because they are better friends with them and whatnot. I'm sure you understand that, as a competition, its a test of skill that must remain objective. So thats the formal part xD

Here's my view on it. I get that you will probably post it on YouTube and there are certain things that can't be avoided. So either you can find a way to post it anonymously, or if not, its fine, just try to find an alternative before you upload it to youtube and thats good enough for me. it will probably only be a few of us anyways so I doubt it will change much.

Totally understandable! We'll see if I end up making something for the competition of if I just make something for my blog. ^^

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Friendly reminder that all entries are due in three days, I still have not received any entries (aside from my own). be sure to send those to me as soon as possible. if you need more time, just ask! Good luck!

I'd like a little more time if that's OK. Also, what emotion should I try to target here? Practically any music can invoke some sort of emotional response

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Sure thing! How much time do you need?

The Category is Emotion so you should make a song that is reminiscent of a certain emotion. For example, you could make a fast pace, upbeat song about happiness or joy, or you could make a psychedelic trance beat about confusion. if you plan on adding lyrics you could also sing about the emotion you are targeting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom