• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganondork

goo
DekuNut said:
I just brought it up. It's an interesting change... maybe worth looking into. Usually scum are more likely to vote because they know who they're against exactly.
As for that, I mean that my role will be apparent before too long.

I can't say I like the sound of this. Coupled by JC liking the above post, I am very suspicious of you. You also hopped on the bandwagon against me with very little evidence. Don't forget that people thought we were in cahoots, so I think that you are simply voting for me to clear your name. Perhaps you and JC are in on something together, eh?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I can't say I like the sound of this. Coupled by JC liking the above post, I am very suspicious of you. You also hopped on the bandwagon against me with very little evidence. Don't forget that people thought we were in cahoots, so I think that you are simply voting for me to clear your name. Perhaps you and JC are in on something together, eh?

Not in the slightest. All I'm onto is looking at anyone who seems scummy, and, thus far, you're the scummiest due not to the fact that you reacted, but the way in which you reacted. I voted because Pendio and Mido both brought up good points. It had nothing to do with the fact that the two of us were seen as in cahoots earlier.
And I think JC liked the post because his name was in it.

Mido

Version 1
Go_Dark_Link said:
I'm still suspicious of DekuNut. I don't think I've seen a proper reply to my post yesterday, but if you have replied could you please say it again or link me to it?
The bolded part is what I mean I get a feeling is him trying to draw attention away from the group. He tries to sneak it into his defense post subtly, which makes me all the more suspicious.
Also, what is "but you guys will figure me out soon enough" supposed to mean?

Oh, I was just citing your initial suspicions from earlier. Since you were the base of the accusations on DekuNut, I just wanted to see what else you may have had to say! :yes:

I have to be honest, DekuNut, Keith drives a solid point here, mainly on his former point. I get your reasons, but the move still makes me think.

Man, after hearing this feedback, I'm beginning to think my efforts are coming to naught. Sorry, guys. :facepalm: I'll keep my vote for now, but I'm going to reconsider some factors here.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Well, here's my post for the day. Firstly I want to say that I am very surprised and sad that activity has dropped so drastically. I know there's not much to go on right now, but unless people get talking there won't be much to go on and then we're just sitting ducks waiting for the mafia to take their pick at dinner. And I don't mean just vote for a random inactive to make something happen and hope to get lucky, I mean get in here and discuss! If you don't have suspicions of your own, try to give your two cents on someone else's. At least I know I'd appreciate more comments on my suspicions on DekuNut so I know I'm not crazy, particularly since I'm now stumped on whether or not he's lying.

I just brought it up. It's an interesting change... maybe worth looking into. Usually scum are more likely to vote because they know who they're against exactly.
As for that, I mean that my role will be apparent before too long.
So you mean mafia are more likely to vote for someone because they know that someone is not alligned with them? Sort of like voting for an inactive because they know it can only help them, and they might get lucky and hit a power role? Sort of like yesterday what happened with Violet?

And does that mean that you're going to die? Else I don't see how your role could become "apparent", even if you claimed (which I don't see the point to doing so right now seeing as I think you don't even have a vote on you) it'd be hard to believe it without some sort of modconfirmation. So again, how?

Not in the slightest. All I'm onto is looking at anyone who seems scummy, and, thus far, you're the scummiest due not to the fact that you reacted, but the way in which you reacted. I voted because Pendio and Mido both brought up good points. It had nothing to do with the fact that the two of us were seen as in cahoots earlier.
And I think JC liked the post because his name was in it.

Also, you seem to be going very much on how others are voting. Yesterday you jumped right on the idea of voting out Violet, and today you seemed to be fine with lynching Keith just because Pendio and Mido suspected him. To me it just seems like you're trying to "go with the flow" and agree with people so they won't turn on you. Of course, you brought up that it might be good to look into JC, but that was very baseless and only brought up when people started questioning you. I grow more and more suspicious.

Oh, I was just citing your initial suspicions from earlier. Since you were the base of the accusations on DekuNut, I just wanted to see what else you may have had to say! :yes:

I have to be honest, DekuNut, Keith drives a solid point here, mainly on his former point. I get your reasons, but the move still makes me think.

Man, after hearing this feedback, I'm beginning to think my efforts are coming to naught. Sorry, guys. :facepalm: I'll keep my vote for now, but I'm going to reconsider some factors here.

I understand! :)
Also, I agree that Keith's point seemed plausible. I will wait one more day to sleep on this, but unless something strong enough to change my mind happens, my vote is definitely on DekuNut right now.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well, here's my post for the day. Firstly I want to say that I am very surprised and sad that activity has dropped so drastically. I know there's not much to go on right now, but unless people get talking there won't be much to go on and then we're just sitting ducks waiting for the mafia to take their pick at dinner. And I don't mean just vote for a random inactive to make something happen and hope to get lucky, I mean get in here and discuss! If you don't have suspicions of your own, try to give your two cents on someone else's. At least I know I'd appreciate more comments on my suspicions on DekuNut so I know I'm not crazy, particularly since I'm now stumped on whether or not he's lying.
I agree with you there. It happens a lot in mafia games, the slump a few days in.
And by the way, I know for sure you're crazy. I've known you long enough for that XD.

So you mean mafia are more likely to vote for someone because they know that someone is not alligned with them? Sort of like voting for an inactive because they know it can only help them, and they might get lucky and hit a power role? Sort of like yesterday what happened with Violet?
No. What I mean is that everyone jumped on Violet because of inactivity, much like they did in GL with Flash. JC, a townie, was against it. In this game, when the idea was brought up to kill an inactive player, he agreed and voted himself. It's a change in playstyle.

And does that mean that you're going to die? Else I don't see how your role could become "apparent", even if you claimed (which I don't see the point to doing so right now seeing as I think you don't even have a vote on you) it'd be hard to believe it without some sort of modconfirmation. So again, how?[QUOTE}
Just wait for a vote count. It'll come on soon. By all the racket I've made, as soon as you see the count you'll automatically know what I am. Same thing happened with Mr. Froce a few games back without this much softclaiming. And, if I weren't this role, then I wouldn't know that this would happen.

Also, you seem to be going very much on how others are voting. Yesterday you jumped right on the idea of voting out Violet, and today you seemed to be fine with lynching Keith just because Pendio and Mido suspected him. To me it just seems like you're trying to "go with the flow" and agree with people so they won't turn on you. Of course, you brought up that it might be good to look into JC, but that was very baseless and only brought up when people started questioning you. I grow more and more suspicious.
It's just my playstyle. Simple as that. When I have something to say, I say it, much like my JC post. When I don't and I see someone else with good reasoning or better reasoning than me, then I might as well vote for them, because there's more proof against them. For much of this, all I can say is why I agree with them, if I have nothing else to add in.

Also, I agree that Keith's point seemed plausible. I will wait one more day to sleep on this, but unless something strong enough to change my mind happens, my vote is definitely on DekuNut right now.

NO J NO!!! :sad:

EBWODP: Actually, where are we on vote counts while I'm bringing it up? Mods?

EBWOTP: And is that enough for people to stop questioning my stupid role statement? I'd like to live through the night if I live through the day. ;)

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
Ok I finally finished reading all of the five or so pages of this game and it seems that Keith is going to be the one being lynched because he sounded rather troubled(?) during the Violet lynch. That's the vibe that I am getting and in a way does make sense because if you are town you wouldn't be afraid to get killed on that following night. That said, I believe there is still a chance that even if you are town and voted off Violet, you could still be killed sooner or later I doubt there is another protection role other than Doctor. On a final note, it is also quite possible for Keith to be scum and wanted to get some sort of town credibility in order to stay in the game longer but I believe Mido and Pendio have now pressured him into a corner so to speak.

On another topic, it seems that JC has been observed to be switching targets throughout the game and I'm not entirely sure if that's enough to look into JC but we'll see as the game progresses. I'm not even sure how many town PRs we have left and while I'm sure we have a cop here somewhere, I personally advise the cop to simply keep lurking and searching for scum and once you have two to three of them found, then it would be a good time to speak up.

Alright. I want to apologize for my inactivity. Here I was thinking I was ramping up early on day two, then I vanish from the game for nearly two weeks. I'll do my best to regain motivation.

It's been a very long time since I've seen Keith participate in a mafia game so it's difficult for me to a conclusion; however, I've been able to draw parallels between his play style and my own. Keith is playing an extremely cautious game. This is something I've done multiple times as scum myself to avoid being over eager to lynch someone. This is a safe method of trying to appear active without making much progress in the game itself. Conversely, it makes players like Mido and JC seem more credible.

Of course, all the aforementioned players plus Pendio could be in cahoots to fool the town if Keith is mafia. I used this tactic in Pirates mafia when LG, Johnny, and I sacrificed musicfan to win. At this point, however, the first option seems more likely.

Vote: Keith

Has anyone also noticed that Atticus has made several posts simply asking what's going on? Maybe I'm reading too deep into this knowing she's busy with preparing for exams in real life, but her latest post questioning the votes on Keith, the first real post she's made in awhile seems unnerving.

FoS: Atticus

Then again, I don't want to sound hypocritical because something like this happened to me recently in Pirates 2 where people thought the timing of one of my early posts looked suspicious when in reality I was a town power role. It's just something to keep in mind.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Even after reading Mido's post from Yesterday, I really don't see what's so incriminating about Keith's response either. More than anything, it seemed only natural to react the way he did.

Mido

Version 1
Even after reading Mido's post from Yesterday, I really don't see what's so incriminating about Keith's response either. More than anything, it seemed only natural to react the way he did.

I've been considering the merits of my suspicions, and I just wanted to ask. Are you referring to Keith's reaction to the desperado role and Pendio's points? Or is it a reaction to my forwarded points?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I've been considering the merits of my suspicions, and I just wanted to ask. Are you referring to Keith's reaction to the desperado role and Pendio's points? Or is it a reaction to my forwarded points?

Moreso the accusations that have been brought forward due to his reaction than anything. As far as I can tell, said accusations materialized purely on the basis of how Keith reacted, notably toward the Desperado role, yes, but in my eyes his reaction rather natural. The only thing that's really backing the votes against him is the lack of alternative lynch options. That's not to say that you, Pendio, or DekuNut are utterly mistaken and should immediately remove your votes, but instead I'm suggesting that there might be scum leading this charge. The scarcity of evidence points in that direction, and I'm hoping to prevent a reproduction of Yesterday's mislynch.

Time for me to get back to work on the Mailbag...

Mido

Version 1
Moreso the accusations that have been brought forward due to his reaction than anything. As far as I can tell, said accusations materialized purely on the basis of how Keith reacted, notably toward the Desperado role, yes, but in my eyes his reaction rather natural. The only thing that's really backing the votes against him is the lack of alternative lynch options. That's not to say that you, Pendio, or DekuNut are utterly mistaken and should immediately remove your votes, but instead I'm suggesting that there might be scum leading this charge. The scarcity of evidence points in that direction, and I'm hoping to prevent a reproduction of Yesterday's mislynch.

Time for me to get back to work on the Mailbag...

Oh, I see!

I've personally wondered about the whole Desperado fiasco, and I really was not sure what to make of it when Pendio proposed it. Honestly, I don't really regard it as much as my own "discreet" ramblings. The fact that you bring up the possibility of scum on this vote wagon has made me think quite a bit as well. To be honest, I'm still shaking because part of me feels like Pendio's tricking me. Also, while I shipped some of Go_Dark_Link's posts in my attack on Keith, it seems the same could apply to DekuNut, and I'm still a bit concerned as to his joining the wagon. Either he's trying to avoid suspicion that can be applied to him; or perhaps he's acting in good health. I'm beginning to doubt myself ever so slightly because I pulled this sort of gag in Pirates II, where I accused Gumball and Mezlo of being cohorts. I took out the Cult Leader, but Mezlo, while jumping on the votes against Gummy in a reaction against my accusations, was indeed a member of the town. Also, thanks for the feedback!

After reading through Keith's post, this whole thing is starting to stink to me. After some thought, I don't really find Pendio or Mido suspicious, but rather the one that jumped right on board after the fact, DekuNut. I don't see how Keith was acting suspicious at all, and as this is apparently his first game, I can see why he reacted the way he did. Because of this, coupled with a guy feeling, I'm going to go out on a limb and present another option. I'd encourage others to consider this as well.

vote:DekuNut

Link in Time seems fine to me. And of Keith dies and flips scum, guess I'm the idiot here.

Ebwodp

This is why I love typing on mobile.

vote: dekunut

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom