• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moreso the accusations that have been brought forward due, to his reaction than anything. As far as I can tell, said accusations materialized purely on the basis of how Keith reacted, notably toward the Desperado role, yes, but in my eyes his reaction rather natural. The only thing that's really backing the votes against him is the lack of alternative lynch options. That's not to say that you, Pendio, or DekuNut are utterly mistaken and should immediately remove your votes, but instead I'm suggesting that there might be scum leading this charge. The scarcity of evidence points in that direction, and I'm hoping to prevent a reproduction of Yesterday's mislynch.

Time for me to get back to work on the Mailbag...

The problem is as JC suggested yesterday with Fig, you note the lack of alternative lynch options, yet fail to present one yourself. Someone needs to take the initiative and in a game that has been fairly passive thus far, a no lynch or another haphazard inactive kill wouldn't get us far. I agree about proceeding with caution since no mafia members are dead yet, however, we can't just sit around doing nothing either.

Also, is that a softclaim I detect?

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The problem is as JC suggested yesterday with Fig, you note the lack of alternative lynch options, yet fail to present one yourself. Someone needs to take the initiative and in a game that has been fairly passive thus far, a no lynch or another haphazard inactive kill wouldn't get us far. I agree about proceeding with caution since no mafia members are dead yet, however, we can't just sit around doing nothing either.

Except that I have projected numerous potential candidates for Today. Through your inactivity you have most likely overlooked it, but I have made a list to go over from the previous Day. Refresh yourself.

There are two routes that we can take: Go with one of those who opted to vote for Keith simple for his supposedly negative reaction, and examine those who supported Violet's lynch Yesterday. That leaves Pendio, Mido, DekuNut (yet didn't he claim to be Double-Voter?), Fig, and justac00lguy (not to exclude his softclaim above).

Also, is that a softclaim I detect?

Is this really the only time anyone has realized this?

A most interesting maneuver... But I'm willing to believe yours if you believe mine.

Big Octo

=^)
Okay, so after consideration between either joining the Keith lynch or taking a look at the number of people that had Violet lynched the previous day, I'm more inclined to follow the latter. I understand why people are suspicious of Keith, but... it just seems like people are going with it because we don't have much else to go on, so any minor "slip-up" is surely going to be attacked. We still have another option, though. The whole Violet fiasco. Operating under the protection of "Don't suspect me if she's town," the Mafia has another chance to lead a mislynch. They've taken a growing suspicion from yesterday and went with it. And they could easily do it again.

Ganondork

goo
I'll go ahead and do this.

Vote: DekuNut

I still don't trust his motives for voting for me, as well as his statements about his role. It doesn't sit right with me.

Big Octo said:
I understand why people are suspicious of Keith, but... it just seems like people are going with it because we don't have much else to go on, so any minor "slip-up" is surely going to be attacked.

Yeah, that's the killer. I've been trying to convey this idea, but you put it in a way I couldn't seem to do. Great minds think alike, huh?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you

I still don't trust his motives for voting for me, as well as his statements about his role. It doesn't sit right with me.

Yeah, that's the killer. I've been trying to convey this idea, but you put it in a way I couldn't seem to do. Great minds think alike, huh?

Can't say I blame you. You have your reasoning, which is just as vague as the reasoning against you I may add, but I understand why. At your heart, self-preservation maybe? Mankind is hard-wired to survive and to win. I honestly don't know if you're scum or not, but your vote makes sense, if not just for the hope that you'll survive today. Whichever of us (because we know it'll be one of us) dies, it's been a good game.
I say with another day left.
dang this post will sound scummy to you guys.

Pen

The game is on!
Pendio, if your sole reason for suspecting Keith is that he responded to you.... I have to agree that it seems quite weak. I've noticed that a good strategy of yours, when you're on the mafia side, is to indeed bring someone to the fore-front at the beginning of the day and attempt to either contribute to or start a band-wagon. This alone, and how similar it is to the past, makes me quite weary of you and Mido's attempt to get Keith lynched.

My main reason for suspecting Keith is not the fact that he responded to me, but the way he responded to musicfan yesterday. As I have explained, to me he seemed a bit frightened of being targeted by the Desperado. Well, seeing as I was Mafia in the five games prior to this one, my Mafia play style is obviously going to be more fresh in everyone's minds than my Town play style. However, I would like to point out that the way I seem to play for the different alignments are very similar.

I'm not even sure how many town PRs we have left and while I'm sure we have a cop here somewhere, I personally advise the cop to simply keep lurking and searching for scum and once you have two to three of them found, then it would be a good time to speak up.

I agree that the Cop should keep on hiding from the Mafia, but in my opinion the Cop should claim and hand in his or her results as soon as he or she has uncovered one or two guilty players (one Mafia alone would be good enough for me actually). Waiting until the Cop has three guilty results is too risky in my opinion.

As far as I can tell, said accusations materialized purely on the basis of how Keith reacted, notably toward the Desperado role, yes, but in my eyes his reaction rather natural. The only thing that's really backing the votes against him is the lack of alternative lynch options. That's not to say that you, Pendio, or DekuNut are utterly mistaken and should immediately remove your votes, but instead I'm suggesting that there might be scum leading this charge. The scarcity of evidence points in that direction, and I'm hoping to prevent a reproduction of Yesterday's mislynch.

You are correct. The suspicions I have towards Keith are not super strong. I do indeed suspect him, but I am definitely not completely certain of my vote. It is, as you say, a lack of alternative lynch options.

Time for me to get back to work on the Mailbag...

Hmm... Axle the Beast used to be a Moderator, right? What if he becomes one again in 2020. :suspicious:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
The cop is are most valuable asset, which is why, like Fig said, they shouldn't claim until exactly the right moment. When they have a few nights behind their back they'll have enough valuable information to hurt Mafia (even if they confirm a bunch of Townies). My advice is to the cop, implying it's not Keith or Dekunut, is to simply stick with what you're currently doing. Mafia are going to most likely try to pick you off with random shots in the dark. They've been quite successful so far with their NKs down to good luck really, but hopefully the luck will turn in our favour.

I love Annie *~*

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
So Thar, you a Traitor?

Ya, I'm a traitor to Mases' cause. He hates on me for watching My Little Pony and playing League of Legends instead of Darksiders; plus he doesn't pay me enough to run the Mailbag. Srsly, I'm sick and tired of all the work I do for the site and forums, and don't ever get enough recognition to achieve Hylian Noble status.

*turns into a Beast and flies away*

Hmm... Axle the Beast used to be a Moderator, right? What if he becomes one again in 2020. :suspicious:

By that time the forums will be peaceful again.

The cop is are most valuable asset, which is why, like Fig said, they shouldn't claim until exactly the right moment. When they have a few nights behind their back they'll have enough valuable information to hurt Mafia (even if they confirm a bunch of Townies). My advice is to the cop, implying it's not Keith or Dekunut, is to simply stick with what you're currently doing. Mafia are going to most likely try to pick you off with random shots in the dark. They've been quite successful so far with their NKs down to good luck really, but hopefully the luck will turn in our favour.

I love Annie *~*

Another softclaim? Unless you're speaking as Mandems, in which case...

o_________________________________________@

---

So I'm curious, which one of you is the Troll-Slayer?

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
Sorry I could't post the past two days.
Just wait for a vote count. It'll come on soon. By all the racket I've made, as soon as you see the count you'll automatically know what I am. Same thing happened with Mr. Froce a few games back without this much softclaiming. And, if I weren't this role, then I wouldn't know that this would happen.

Well here, unless I'm wrong, I'm detecting a very obvious double-voter softclaim. Okay, got me thinking it might be true when...

I got you this time.

VOTE TALLY

Keith: 3 (Pendio, Mido, DekuNut)

The day will end on the 1st of June at 11:00 PM EST.

So, as far as I can tell, nothing's pointing towards your claim being true. Now I'm at a loss. My instincts are saying to vote for you. However, I also know it might just be coincidence the mods decided not to include the extra vote in the vote counts. However, I'm sorry but I'm just finding it hard to believe all this coincidence. Can someone else tell me if it's common for mods not to include double-voters in the vote counts? If it is, I might reconsider.

I'm getting a feeling this is more Keith trying to improve his chances of not being lynched, rather than seriously suspecting DekuNut, but I'm not sure what to think about that.

Axle and Mandy respectively confirmed.

Before I finish the post I want to say I saw these softclaims, and don't think anyone should think they're confirmed softclaims. Like I said earlier, it's hard to get confirmation unless it's from a mod.
I also want to add, everyone (at least everyone that's been active) seemed to take notice of these two softclaims, yet no one really mentioned anything about DekuNut's alleged double-voter claim. Why is this? Did people just overlook it, or is someone trying to draw attention away from it?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Sorry I could't post the past two days.

Well here, unless I'm wrong, I'm detecting a very obvious double-voter softclaim. Okay, got me thinking it might be true when...

So, as far as I can tell, nothing's pointing towards your claim being true. Now I'm at a loss. My instincts are saying to vote for you. However, I also know it might just be coincidence the mods decided not to include the extra vote in the vote counts. However, I'm sorry but I'm just finding it hard to believe all this coincidence. Can someone else tell me if it's common for mods not to include double-voters in the vote counts? If it is, I might reconsider.

I'm getting a feeling this is more Keith trying to improve his chances of not being lynched, rather than seriously suspecting DekuNut, but I'm not sure what to think about that.

Before I finish the post I want to say I saw these softclaims, and don't think anyone should think they're confirmed softclaims. Like I said earlier, it's hard to get confirmation unless it's from a mod.
I also want to add, everyone (at least everyone that's been active) seemed to take notice of these two softclaims, yet no one really mentioned anything about DekuNut's alleged double-voter claim. Why is this? Did people just overlook it, or is someone trying to draw attention away from it?

There are tree types of double voters that I can think of:
1) The type who votes and it counts as double in the vote count.
2) The type who can vote twice in the day on different people.
3) The type that is like above, but the second vote comes through PM.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
So let me get this straight, is JC softclaiming as Pancake or Mandy? If Mandy, I'd be a little wary considering she used to be a Mod, but I really don't know. The same thing applies to Thar softclaiming Axle, who also used to be a mod (ewwwwww), but there's no way to tell.

When does the day end? And has there been a recent vote count? Sorry for the lack of activity, I'm almost done with this school year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom