• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Excuse e for my little absence!

If you were a Townie you would have no reason to defend yourself the way you did. You should not have felt the need to explain the reasons for actions which alone were not specifically scummy. In your replying post you tried to spread suspicion onto other players by saying that "a lot of people are grasping for straws" (to me this was quite irrelevant). And finally you end it all off by basically saying that you have been accused. The simple fact that you felt "accused" from being suggested as a Desperado target makes me pretty suspicious.

Also, Mido made a post yesterday with other good ideas as to why Keith might be scum. That, added to the suspicions of my own, makes me even more suspicious of him.

When I initially made the post where I explained my suspicions towards Keith I made it clear that I was not very certain of the suspicion. Now however, I feel confident enough to place a vote.

Vote: Keith

@Pendio: Good points. If you provide Mido's post, I may join you.
@Heroine: it was a joke post. Avagon was Ereba and Violet was JC. They therefore caused their own deaths. Maxa was Fused. Therefore... Yeah. And as for the post I was going to make, it was only defending the Violet bandwagon. Doesn't seem useful now.

Big Octo

=^)
Okay, it's obvious why the Mafia chose to NK Findemaxa, and it's also clear why she wanted to roleclaim today. Of course, everybody is asking, why not Wyatt? I remember something similar like this happening in MM Mafia, where Rachel revealed herself as the Innocent Child and all the NK powers chose to avoid her.

Mido

Version 1

I'll oblige with my post, good sir! Here it is: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48538&p=872142&viewfull=1#post872142
- Note: I'd hate to say it, but I'm afraid I didn't say very nice things about you in there either. :mellow:

On my post, once you've read it, and if Keith reads it or already has, I would appreciate some feedback if you guys can! :cool: On that note, despite being torn between you two, I'll remain accurate with yesterday's banter.

Okay, it's obvious why the Mafia chose to NK Findemaxa, and it's also clear why she wanted to roleclaim today. Of course, everybody is asking, why not Wyatt? I remember something similar like this happening in MM Mafia, where Rachel revealed herself as the Innocent Child and all the NK powers chose to avoid her.

That would make sense, since the Innocent Child is essentially a confirm-permissive VT.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I have possible reasons why they didn't target Wyatt yet:

1. He's busy at the moment as he said earlier. They know of his role, it's not a power role, so his effectiveness will only come through in the day and, since he's not active, what can he do? They obviously have him as a future target, but at the moment they're trying to kill off as many power roles as they can. It wouldn't surprise me that they kill him off once he starts to post more.

2. They didn't want to target him based on th fact that they could put themselves at risk if they went through with the NK. So if this is the case then it best to look over his posts and try to see why they chose not to opt for the kill.

I think number 1 is more likely the better reason though.

Pen

The game is on!

Here is Mido's post #474.

This is logical since the Innocent Child is not near as big of a threat to the Mafia as the Cop or Roleblocker for example. Although, this time around, when Kybyrian is the Innocent Child, I guess the Mafia may still have some reason to night kill him.

EBWODP:

Mega ninjad...

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'll oblige with my post, good sir! Here it is: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=48538&p=872142&viewfull=1#post872142
- Note: I'd hate to say it, but I'm afraid I didn't say very nice things about you in there either. :mellow:

On my post, once you've read it, and if Keith reads it or already has, I would appreciate some feedback if you guys can! :cool: On that note, despite being torn between you two, I'll remain accurate with yesterday's banter.

All right then, time for that big long post I was talking to Heroine about.

My reasoning for that vote is as follows:
1) JC, Fig and I didn't initially vote for fear of this happening, that we would get NKed or lynched for trying to do something rash. Hence the bolded part of GDL's post.
2) We can't kill Mafia unless we vote, especially with the vig gone (RIP, Ereba). Most of my Mafia experience comes from playing a game called "Town of Salem" online. One thing I hate about the town there is that the townies rarely band together and lynch a person, therefore leaving the Mafia open to win easily. I don't want that to happen, and so we need to do something if we don't want a repeat of Green Lantern mafia.
3) Violet was not being very active anyway, and was the safe way to go. Overall in Mafia, chances are that at least one person that is hiding in the background is scum. It happens a lot. Also, how is this different from killing PK Flash in Green Lantern? Interestingly enough, JC was against that lynch but voted for Violet this game. Just an observation.
Anything else you really want me to say? I'm not going to roleclaim to save my guts, but you guys will figure me out soon enough.

Besides the post above, I think that I'll stick with Pendio and Mido here. They both brought up good points and I'm interested to see his reaction. If he gives good enough reasoning, I'll unvote. However...
VOTE: KEITH

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Presuming that Kybyrian is the Innocent Child, why would the Mafia even have him on their hotlist? What makes him such a threat? I get that knowledge of his role would protect him from a Town-based mislynch, which would be a hindrance to Mafia activity, but at best he's pretty much a Vanilla Townie with some padding added to his ability. Who knows? Even though musicfan confirmed Kyby as Town, that doesn't mean his claim should be taken with credibility; for all we know he could be a power role who's using the confirmation as a protective screen. That'd be a wise move on his part, and I'd advise him to not confirm his role either way.

I'm actually in agreement with the point that Justa made on the Mafia actively seeking power roles instead of hints at smaller roles. Out of everyone they could have targeted Yesterday, they went straight for Findemaxa after she implicated herself as helpful. This points directly toward a group that is very selective and meticulous in who they eliminate during the Night.

Ganondork

goo
Excuse e for my little absence!

If you were a Townie you would have no reason to defend yourself the way you did. You should not have felt the need to explain the reasons for actions which alone were not specifically scummy. In your replying post you tried to spread suspicion onto other players by saying that "a lot of people are grasping for straws" (to me this was quite irrelevant). And finally you end it all off by basically saying that you have been accused. The simple fact that you felt "accused" from being suggested as a Desperado target makes me pretty suspicious.

Also, Mido made a post yesterday with other good ideas as to why Keith might be scum. That, added to the suspicions of my own, makes me even more suspicious of him.

When I initially made the post where I explained my suspicions towards Keith I made it clear that I was not very certain of the suspicion. Now however, I feel confident enough to place a vote.

It only seemed logical to actually reply to anyone who makes an accusation. If you noticed early on, people who ignored any claim at all whatsoever gets targeted, so it was merely covering my back. If I was trying to hide something, I would avoid the subject altogether. Throwing it under the rug, so to speak. It wasn't for musicfan's benefit, as I knew it would be a waste to use his role on me, but it was to solidify my innocence to others. It does seem to have backfired, though. I can't help but notice how you were so quick to jump on me, though.

Mido said:
This is the other example of their similar beliefs. Both seem to be acting discreetly in approach thus far, and the post correlation, especially above, sparks an curiosity in my mind. This may be a long shot, but I believe they could be in cahoots, or perhaps one of them is trying to leech onto the other to bring him down with the former. If the latter's the case, I would assume Dekunut is the leech here.

Your claims of similar views have been universally held, it's seemed. Everyone is antsy because nothing is happening, and it only seemed like a way to keep the game moving by voting for inactive players. All of your examples are just general enough to have a correlation. I'd feel a bit more worried if me and DekuNut were accusing the same people, but we aren't. It was a move, at least on my part, to lynch someone who wasn't really playing much. And, if you noticed, she mentioned later on that she was holding off on using the role, so she was laying low far more than I have. I've been one of the most active posters, so the claim of me acting discreet holds little water.

It does appear that I'll be lynched today, though, as no one else seems to be voting.

Mido

Version 1
Your claims of similar views have been universally held, it's seemed. Everyone is antsy because nothing is happening, and it only seemed like a way to keep the game moving by voting for inactive players. All of your examples are just general enough to have a correlation. I'd feel a bit more worried if me and DekuNut were accusing the same people, but we aren't. It was a move, at least on my part, to lynch someone who wasn't really playing much. And, if you noticed, she mentioned later on that she was holding off on using the role, so she was laying low far more than I have. I've been one of the most active posters, so the claim of me acting discreet holds little water.

It does appear that I'll be lynched today, though, as no one else seems to be voting.

I agree with what you're saying, and I do understand why you guys went for Violet, the logic is present. You connection with DekuNut is indeed general, and yes, both of you went after Violet for a similar cause. (There were still others, so it could be a stretch in that respect.) My only qualm here is perhaps the word "discreet" was a bad choice. Your post count has nothing to do with my suspicions. It's the manner in which you're posting as of late. Sure, there's a lack of basis as a whole for many things, but as I pointed out in my post of consternation, it seems as if you're repeating the same general ideas. While your post count is active, I get a shady vibe in way you post. I'm curious about DekuNut as well, but I'm still thinking about these things. As you know, these points are not the most sound, but they are the only things I have in store at the moment.

Speaking of inactives, I wonder what GDL has to say. I's a likely scenario of we have scum among our hiders! :yes:

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one

Considering the day just started, it doesn't seem very smart to just give up. I mean, I am suspicious of you for the same reasons I stated I was suspicious of DekuNut, but not enough to warrant a vote yet.

Speaking of inactives, I wonder what GDL has to say. I's a likely scenario of we have scum among our hiders! :yes:

As I said above, the day just started which is why I hadn't had time to post. And I've been trying to post at least once a day so I wouldn't consider myself an inactive. At least not compared to others. As for what I have to say:

I'm still suspicious of DekuNut. I don't think I've seen a proper reply to my post yesterday, but if you have replied could you please say it again or link me to it? On top of that, I get a feeling more and more that there's a group here trying to draw attention away from each other from scummy patterns the day before in which they messed up and had too similar opinions too close to each other, which gave them away. This group includes DN and Keith, though I'm not sure if anyone else was involved in it at the moment. I'll have to check.

3) Violet was not being very active anyway, and was the safe way to go. Overall in Mafia, chances are that at least one person that is hiding in the background is scum. It happens a lot. Also, how is this different from killing PK Flash in Green Lantern? Interestingly enough, JC was against that lynch but voted for Violet this game. Just an observation.
Anything else you really want me to say? I'm not going to roleclaim to save my guts, but you guys will figure me out soon enough.

The bolded part is what I mean I get a feeling is him trying to draw attention away from the group. He tries to sneak it into his defense post subtly, which makes me all the more suspicious.
Also, what is "but you guys will figure me out soon enough" supposed to mean?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The bolded part is what I mean I get a feeling is him trying to draw attention away from the group. He tries to sneak it into his defense post subtly, which makes me all the more suspicious.
Also, what is "but you guys will figure me out soon enough" supposed to mean?

I just brought it up. It's an interesting change... maybe worth looking into. Usually scum are more likely to vote because they know who they're against exactly.
As for that, I mean that my role will be apparent before too long.

Pen

The game is on!
Who knows? Even though musicfan confirmed Kyby as Town, that doesn't mean his claim should be taken with credibility; for all we know he could be a power role who's using the confirmation as a protective screen. That'd be a wise move on his part, and I'd advise him to not confirm his role either way.

The same thought crossed my mind the moment he "claimed" Innocent Child. However, I chose to keep it to myself and not hand the possibility over to the Mafia incase they had not figured that out. Despite this possible fake claim I am mostly inclined to trust the claim.

I'm actually very surprised that Kybyrian wasn't killed. However, I don't think it's equatable to Rachel in MM mafia. Not killing her, the Innocent Child that game, was just a mistake on our part because we underestimated her. I specifically didn't think she was a threat to us as far as her analysis and activity, so I thought keeping her alive wouldn't come back to bite us. I was wrong completely, and Rachel was one of the big reasons why we lost that one. I think it's a mistake to skip on confirmed townies, but that could just be me.

Can someone explain why Keith has been so suspicious? Granted, I've missed much of this game due to Spring quarter finals at my university, but I haven't seen anything unless I've skipped over something. Pendio, if your sole reason for suspecting Keith is that he responded to you.... I have to agree that it seems quite weak. I've noticed that a good strategy of yours, when you're on the mafia side, is to indeed bring someone to the fore-front at the beginning of the day and attempt to either contribute to or start a band-wagon. This alone, and how similar it is to the past, makes me quite weary of you and Mido's attempt to get Keith lynched.

Of course you'll ask for an alternative, and unfortunately I don't have one at the moment. I'll review the game and see what I can find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom