• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Members Vs. Mods Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

The Altruist
Well you make all this effort at analysing and pointing out the obvious but with no clinical decision. It seems as if everyone is waiting for something to happen without instigating it themselves. I took your post, without a vote, as a way at basically saying "here's my analysis, but I'm not going to vote until someone else votes". That's the way a lot of people are playing this day; they're waiting for someone to slip up, or to follow a bandwagon. I also don't like when people seem to repeat previous things, but simply reword them.

I guess you could say I'm doing the same, but a lot of the time I do instigate a lot of things and, in turn, it costs me. That's not to say I won't, but, merely the fact that it's so annoying how reserved people are playing this game.

EBWODP
Oh and by the way, as I said the other day, I'm content with lynching an inactive person purely on the basis that I'm a big advocate that day-to-day activity is very important. Even if we lynch a power role of sorts, if that person isn't influencing things during the day, thus using their night periods to effect the day, then they aren't having an impact on the game.

See that's the thing, I would vote, and it would mostly likely be Violet since she has the least most of influence in the game, but by the end of the lynch if she was revealed to have a power role, I'm going to get "marked with a red flag " and people will start saying that I'm scum simply because 1. I started the vote on Violet and 2. She had a power role (assuming she does).

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I know what you mean, JC. I'm feeling different in this game when it comes to voting, in more ways than one. Top among this is the surprising lack of votes.

It's kind of like a domino effect. No one is taking a slight risk, which results in no voting and that means no one can analyse anyone's strategic plans or playstyles. It seems everyone is on edge and the slightest curious post could tip the iceberg and that person will probably be lynched. This makes me kind of afraid as it will most likely be an impulsive decision which could be the wrong one. Then we point fingers at those who voted for that person causing us to potentially make another mislynch and... well you see where I'm going.

That's why I was hoping to use MF's role to its full capability, and I wanted him to kind of hold off on making his decision as I was going to use it as a tactic for possible scum tells. Basically see who was scared of the role, see who was willing to be targeted and who wasn't. I'm not sure how many of you guys were in Pirates Mafia 2, but I was trying to do the same with Mellow's "Sensor" role in that game. Of course it was used on Wyatt, but I guess it kind of failed in terms of driving some activity as it did, in fact, the exact opposite. Instead of going for a lynch, everyone focused on the role, even myself, and now we're sort of stuck. My default in this position is for a No Lynch, but there is no such thing in this game, which is why I offered--what I thought was--the safest possible lynch option(s).

EBWODP
See that's the thing, I would vote, and it would mostly likely be Violet since she has the least most of influence in the game, but by the end of the lynch if she was revealed to have a power role, I'm going to get "marked with a red flag " and people will start saying that I'm scum simply because 1. I started the vote on Violet and 2. She had a power role (assuming she does).

I see your point and frankly it's why a lot of people are sometimes afraid to make any big, so to say, decisions. I guess you've just got be more firm about your stance, your reasoning, in order to be ready to defend yourself if anyone does point the finger. The simple fact is that Violet is probably, well no, definitely the safest possible option we can take. Like I said, what's a power role without any action taken within the day? Unless we're talking a Dreaming God, Serial Killer etc. (those types of roles) then without doing anything in the day then your actions in the night will kind of be fruitless. I'll make the move it makes anyone feel any better.

Vote: Violet

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
Going through with this because again, Violet is the safest choice from the rest of the remaining players. While I'm sure there is going to be at least one person who will flip out (especially if she's town) on the result of the lynch, Violet hasn't done anything except posting one time which was only stating that she wasn't aware the game already started.

Mido

Version 1
Hmm....while I don't disagree with your logic guys, I'm not feeling a Violet lynch. I'm not sure if she'll join us, but I don't see much of a direction here.

To be frank, I haven't done jack this entire game, and as for my own suspicions, I'm extremely indecisive. The Pendio/Keith excursion intrigues me, and I'm somewhat certain that one of them isn't town, but my suspicions are merely based on playstyle.

Ganondork

goo

This seems like our only real choice.

Anyone who says something remotely out of the usual joking or a half-assed post is getting called out, so it does make a lot of people hesitant. That's why nothing is really happening. As JC said, we're all on edge, and people are taking random shots in the dark.

Big Octo

=^)
To be honest, I'm on the fence between No Lynch and Violent. I understand the rhetoric behind Violet's lynch, but at the same time, if she's town, then the mafia is that closer to victory, especially if they land a lucky NK tonight (though it can't get much luckier than last night).

Fig

The Altruist
To be honest, I'm on the fence between No Lynch and Violent. I understand the rhetoric behind Violet's lynch, but at the same time, if she's town, then the mafia is that closer to victory, especially if they land a lucky NK tonight (though it can't get much luckier than last night).

For a while, I was thinking of that though Vio is inactive to the game, she could still have a power role. At the same time, if she did had a power role, she would make a better effort to contribute to the game right now. I'm certain anyone with a power role would utilize it and would at least try and keep up with the game right now. With that said, I think it is safe to assume that Violet is either a VT or a Mafia goon that doesn't have a power role except for being a mafia member. At the sake time, I can see where you are coming from because if we don't hit a mafia member with this lynch, the mafia will slowly gain the upper hand in this game.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Well, I for one don't like lynching an inactive player. As far back as I can remember this procedure has never turned out to be extremely productive. While comparing past game to this theme isn't productive either, admittedly, I still don't have a good feeling about this. We're taking a pretty tight route here, one that could come up with very negative effects.

By all means, vote for who you want; I'm not trying to dissuade anyone. But just bear in mind that this action may not end up being the best recourse.

Cop, I'd recommend looking into either Justa or Fig after the results are posted. I don't really like how they led this charge against an inactive player.

Kirino

Tatakae
musicfan (1) - Kybyrian
Violet (3) - justac00lguy, Fig, Keith

The day will end at (approximately) May 22 at 11:00 PM EST. With 17 alive, it takes 8 votes to reach a majority lynch.

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
I have very little time right now, but since I had no idea the day was ending today I'm making an effort to post because I want to point this out before the day ends:

[VOTE] Violet [/VOTE]
Stuff needs to happen. And remember guys... Don't vote Us tomorrow just because we voted.

Ebwodp
Fail..

Now, this might just be me, but I found this kind of scummy. I know the others were talking about wanting to vote but being afraid to because they might get suspicion cast on them. However, the way this is worded just makes me feel like mafia trying to take advantage of the situation to make sure they won't be suspected for killing a town member. Especially the bolded part which just sounds as if all the voters were acting as a group behind the scenes on this.

FoS: DekuNut

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well, I for one don't like lynching an inactive player. As far back as I can remember this procedure has never turned out to be extremely productive. While comparing past game to this theme isn't productive either, admittedly, I still don't have a good feeling about this. We're taking a pretty tight route here, one that could come up with very negative effects.
What's your alternative then? It's easy to sit back and criticise a decision.

I don't like this, kind of reminds me of Heroine yesterday. Like you're just waiting for something to happen and when it does you give your thoughts.

FoS Thareous

Mido

Version 1
I've had some quote issues here, but I'm a bit concerned looking back:

Pendio said:
Alright then, I guess Kybyrian is now cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I made a statement about Findemaxa's inactivity, and that was about it. Most of my Day 2 activity has been small observations here and there, albeit more neutral. We don't really have much to go off of, and you can certainly tell that a lot of people are grasping for straws. Short of a few role claims, we're honestly working with next to no information. I think that we need to wait another day or two before serious accusations that hold any water can begin.

I could not help but notice, Keith, that you seem to be quite afraid of the Desperado. If you were truly Town, you would have no reason to fear it. Clearly I may be wrong with this assumption, but it does make me a bit suspicious.

I've mentioned that the little conversation that is currently unfinished between Pendio and Keith is intriguing to me. While I'm not sure what to make of Keith's supposed 'fear' of the former Desperado role, I can't help but to believe that Keith's been somewhat discreet in play this game. GDL's post below summarizes my concerns, but towards Dekunut.

Go_Dark_Link said:
I have very little time right now, but since I had no idea the day was ending today I'm making an effort to post because I want to point this out before the day ends:

Quote Originally Posted by DekuNut View Post
[VOTE] Violet [/VOTE]
Stuff needs to happen. And remember guys... Don't vote Us tomorrow just because we voted.

Ebwodp
Fail..
Now, this might just be me, but I found this kind of scummy. I know the others were talking about wanting to vote but being afraid to because they might get suspicion cast on them. However, the way this is worded just makes me feel like mafia trying to take advantage of the situation to make sure they won't be suspected for killing a town member. Especially the bolded part which just sounds as if all the voters were acting as a group behind the scenes on this.

FoS: DekuNut

And below:
Keith said:

This seems like our only real choice.

Anyone who says something remotely out of the usual joking or a half-assed post is getting called out, so it does make a lot of people hesitant. That's why nothing is really happening. As JC said, we're all on edge, and people are taking random shots in the dark.

It seems to me that both players seem to regurgitate the same lingo about "nothing happening, and getting somewhere." The whole shebang seems fishy. In addition, here's another thing I noticed:

DekuNut said:
Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I made a statement about Findemaxa's inactivity, and that was about it. Most of my Day 2 activity has been small observations here and there, albeit more neutral. We don't really have much to go off of, and you can certainly tell that a lot of people are grasping for straws. Short of a few role claims, we're honestly working with next to no information. I think that we need to wait another day or two before serious accusations that hold any water can begin.
Agreed. We have almost nothing today. MF can choose who we wants, as he'll probably be killed tonight if not, but we have nothing for sure so far. Hence why most of us have refrained from voting.

This is the other example of their similar beliefs. Both seem to be acting discreetly in approach thus far, and the post correlation, especially above, sparks an curiosity in my mind. This may be a long shot, but I believe they could be in cahoots, or perhaps one of them is trying to leech onto the other to bring him down with the former. If the latter's the case, I would assume Dekunut is the leech here.

On another side, I'm slightly unnerved by JC's suspicions switches. He rapidly moved from Heroine to Thareous. What intrigued me about Thareous is that he said similar things that I said previously, yet JC overlooks me, and heads to him, perhaps trying to root out a power player. If anything, I think JC just might be putting a lot of effort into helping the town, but I still wonder, nonetheless.

I'm aware that the timing of this post is rather uncanny since the day's ending. I apologize for the lateness, and I will cast the rod to sea. On this day's end, I'll cast my vote to the K-Man.

Vote: Keith

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
What's your alternative then? It's easy to sit back and criticise a decision.

Lynching someone who's previously been acting scummy. I would suggest Fig, who initially brought up voting for Violet since she's been inactive, but at this point he'd have to be saved as a candidate for Tomorrow's phase. Maybe we could even examine Heroine for the points you'd brought up beforehand. The bottom line is that resorting to lynching an inactive player can be used as a scum tactic.

I don't like this, kind of reminds me of Heroine yesterday. Like you're just waiting for something to happen and when it does you give your thoughts.

Naturally I'd wait for something to happen, and naturally I'd want to give my thoughts on something when a situation such as this does occur. This is not inherently scum play, but rather patiently waiting for the Mafia to make a breach in their subtlety somewhere down the line. Scumhunting doesn't always have to be blatant, but inconspicuous, even if it elicits distrust from fellow Townies; think like your opponents in order to overcome them, in another way of putting it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom