• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
SK is scum though
It's a different kind of scum. You have to act differently when you're independent vs when you're on a team.
Do you think we're still looking at 2 mafia left then? Been trying to figure out if that's more likely than just 1 more since there was an SK. But SK didn't last long/was able to become town so I could see there being 2 mafia.
honestly i haven't been thinking about numbers but I'd rather assume there's 2 left and be wrong than assume there's 1 left and be wrong. (that doesn't make sense now that i'm typing it out but it made sense in my head)
I don't feel like null/town is weaker than benefit of the doubt/paranoid town read.
hey man i'm just going by what you said, which was "lean town" for most people. (and a "wait" on fused, which is interesting) When I looked at what you said I saw "lean town, lean town, lean town, null/town" and went hmm, that sounds less sure than the rest

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
It's a different kind of scum. You have to act differently when you're independent vs when you're on a team.

Yeah, but I feel there can still be similarities in playstyle as both.

honestly i haven't been thinking about numbers but I'd rather assume there's 2 left and be wrong than assume there's 1 left and be wrong. (that doesn't make sense now that i'm typing it out but it made sense in my head)

Nah, that makes sense. I was actually going to ask how many scum people thought were remaining.

hey man i'm just going by what you said, which was "lean town" for most people. (and a "wait" on fused, which is interesting) When I looked at what you said I saw "lean town, lean town, lean town, null/town" and went hmm, that sounds less sure than the rest

I can't blame you there. I actually didn't do the reads in the order of the list. So part were one night, and part were another. If I had done them all at the same time I feel like I might have put Deku and Pendio in the null/town pile.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I'm a bit tipsy right now, not gonna lie.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
So guys I just had this thought and I wanted to run it by you guys. So Storm was mafia, obviously. But what I noticed when I re-read the Night scene was that he hadn't figured out his role yet, in two attempts. Assuming that funnier would allow the scum team to openly discuss their habits and such (which is a fair assumption I think), then that might mean the mafia team is made up of players who are either new to the forum or haven't been here in a while so they were unable to help Storm guess their role. Admittedly I am a member of that group, but others like Heroine are as well. I feel like if someone like Pancake was mafia he'd had a much easier time of guessing Storm's persona, which makes him less likely to be scum because Storm hadn't figured out his role. Of course I would have considered Storm in this group as well but they obviously didn't figure out their role either so maybe this is a bit of a stretch, idk.

@fused_shadows thoughts on Pancake? any chance of voting with me instead? :)

I mentioned in my Big Post that his vote on Storm late in the day was a bit weird to me. Not inherently scummy per say but definitely noteworthy. I'm not sure he's a better candidate than Yiga. Also, looking ahead to Day 3, I think Yiga has had more interactions with those still alive than Pancake has, so killing him over Pancake would probably give us more to go on in Day 3 (this is a bit anecdotal though, could be wrong). I'll flip this question over to you. You mentioned earlier that people were starting to sell you on Yiga. How about now?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
So guys I just had this thought and I wanted to run it by you guys. So Storm was mafia, obviously. But what I noticed when I re-read the Night scene was that he hadn't figured out his role yet, in two attempts. Assuming that funnier would allow the scum team to openly discuss their habits and such (which is a fair assumption I think), then that might mean the mafia team is made up of players who are either new to the forum or haven't been here in a while so they were unable to help Storm guess their role. Admittedly I am a member of that group, but others like Heroine are as well. I feel like if someone like Pancake was mafia he'd had a much easier time of guessing Storm's persona, which makes him less likely to be scum because Storm hadn't figured out his role. Of course I would have considered Storm in this group as well but they obviously didn't figure out their role either so maybe this is a bit of a stretch, idk.

This is actually a very good point, and I was waiting to see if someone else mentioned it. Tbh, it kinda does make me less suspicious of you even though it seems like a minor thing. Mainly because this is exactly the kind of thought process town should have. However, I am strongly considering the idea that we may not find out who scum is upon their flip. Either that or maybe Storm guessed right away without consulting with his scumbuds first and got it wrong.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Just realized the day ends tonight. For some reason I was thinking it was tomorrow.

Guess I'll go with my main suspicion in case I'm not here again before eod. Yiga's posts d1 seemed scummy to me, and he tried to defend himself then but I didn't really like his defense too much. Plus what he has said this day regarding what Pendio asked about his d1 post mentioning surviving long enough to do his job and being a noble sacrifice did seem a bit like back peddling to me as well.

Vote: Yiga

Pen

The game is on!
*waves at Pendio*

@Pendio, you mentioned earlier in the Day that you didn't like Storm and LG's interactions in Day 1. Are you still suspicious of LG? If so, how much so? Would you advocate for her lynch? Or do you agree with me that Yiga is probably our best option? Any insight as to where you stand would be appreciated.

*waves back at fused*

I'm keeping an eye on Gummy but I'm not overly suspicious of her. I definitely wouldn't try to lynch her as things are currently. There's one thing I would like some clarification on however; @LittleGumball would you mind elaborating a bit on why you seem to be Town reading me? It's just that I wasn't quite expecting to be Town read by you, so I'd like to know some more details. I hope you're not a Mafioso trying to make me trust you with flattery. :right:

Anyway, my thoughts on Yiga have remained the same. I think I've made myself quite clear on where I stand with him. Yesterday I expressed how bad some of his actions were, last night I grew more wary since the Mafia didn't target him, and today his explanations and defences haven't exactly held up. Honestly I should have probably voted for him sooner.

Vote: YIGAhim

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Yeah, but I feel there can still be similarities in playstyle as both.
this is semantics at this point
I'm a bit tipsy right now, not gonna lie.
i miss drunk viral :(

You mentioned earlier that people were starting to sell you on Yiga. How about now?
Yeah cuz no one is joining me on Pancake

Vote: Yiga

I'm keeping an eye on Gummy but I'm not overly suspicious of her. I definitely wouldn't try to lynch her as things are currently. There's one thing I would like some clarification on however; @LittleGumball would you mind elaborating a bit on why you seem to be Town reading me? It's just that I wasn't quite expecting to be Town read by you, so I'd like to know some more details. I hope you're not a Mafioso trying to make me trust you with flattery. :right:
Just a guess. I'm out of practice trying to read you. But like I said I'm going to go through your posts during the night just in case (I think I said that earlier? I can't remember now)

funnier6

Courage~
Day 2 Vote Count:

YIGAhim- 4 (fused, Minish, Pendio, LittleGumball)
Pendio- 1 (Deku)

Not voting- 4 (Pancake, Yiga, Heroine, Libk)

With 9 players alive it takes 5 to majority. Day ends on Sunday May 20 at 9pm CDT. So in like ten hours.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Oh **** lol that's almost majority

I started typing half a post and didnt put quotes together and I'm on mobile and ahhhh now I just want to get this post out bc its something we should probably talk about

Here's a weird thing though, Storm seemed to be claiming to be Pendio through his actions, but apparently he didnt guess who he was correctly. What's up with that

Why did he claim Pendio if he wasnt actually Pendio

Playing with Storm is wild

Also very important: could Storm have been the godfather? I mean we have no way of knowing of course but it would be nice to know whether or not we can trust all cop results now

I dont know how to format anything this paragraph should probably be ordered somewhere else in here
Would Funnier allow scum to openly discuss habits and not let the town do it? That sounds unfair. I mean we're allowed to act like them all we want but saying "my habits are x y and z" is against the rules in the thread so why wouldn't it be against the rules in any other group chat? He could have acted out his habits sure but some things I imagine might be very vague traits. Idk this is stream of consciousness right now but on the other hand, never learning scum roles also sounds unfair so I think he just didnt guess it for whatever reason.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
While I feel bad abou t a Yig lynch with his activity and all, I do obviously suspect him. And hey, if he's scum, Pen is probably clear, so I'm all for it.
That said, nobody maj. Let's use what daytime we have left.
Fused what in particular did you wanna hear from me? Just if I disagree with the Yiga lynch? Or have something else in mind?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
While I feel bad abou t a Yig lynch with his activity and all, I do obviously suspect him. And hey, if he's scum, Pen is probably clear, so I'm all for it.
That said, nobody maj. Let's use what daytime we have left.
Fused what in particular did you wanna hear from me? Just if I disagree with the Yiga lynch? Or have something else in mind?

Any sort of readlist would be appreciated. How do yoy feel about LG? Pendio? Minish? Any thoughts you have could be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom