• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
@Moe the Moblin please respond. your town read on doc is unclear to me. please spell it out to me. i can't just accept "it felt town" because it doesn't "feel town" to me. i genuinely don't know where your read is coming from. if you could find quotes that would be great. if you are in the middle of writing a post feel free to tell me so and then i will wait patiently.
I'm on tablet and about to go to bed so just find it yourself
Had something to do with a pretty early post though

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I CANNOT FIND IT MYSELF. I LITERALLY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHICH PART YOU ARE TOWNREADING.

Pretty sure he's referencing the post where Doc said something about he thinks he's Zachie if he's in this game.

Which happened during the rvs name claiming period. And of which I already explained definitely doesn't seem AI.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don't think I can support a lynch for any of the candidates up on the block.

I agree with what others have said about Moe. I think his playstyle is just wildly different from most games on ZD, much like Ryu was at the beginning. I don't think I've agreed with a single thing he has said and think he makes pretty "out there" claims. But I don't think that he is necessarily scum because of this. Town withholding and teasing their thoughts, while annoying, is not something unheard of. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of how readily he gives people town credit. IMO, thats a scum tactic to gain trust. But he did the same thing last game, so I'm just going to assume thats his meta.

Storm's posting style is the same as always, and think that he's too easy of a D1 lynch. He has posted some questionable reasons for finding fused suspicious, but his most recent post seems like an actual explanation. (Or it may be reasons made up after the fact to try to justify his suspicions of fused) Regardless, his "wagon" seems to have formed pretty quickly.

Aside from them, I'm gonna have to point at Libk for who I am most suspicious of. YIGAhim brought this up after the fact, but Libk's vote against Moe did seem opportunistic. That and his reaching suspicion of Minish.
I'm curious about who you think would play the role of SK in this game. You also made another post later in the day that implies, to me at least, that you knpw more about the possibility of an sk than you're leading on. It was the post where you stated we might not find out there's an sk unless they guess their role. It seems like you know something so EGMEOY
Minish threw out the idea that SK would have to guess their name before they were able to use their ability, which makes sense. I assume all, if not most of us, have to do so to unlock our role. It rubbed me the wrong way how Libk labelled her one of his top suspects because of this.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
This last part is up for debate. Usually on day 1 a lynch has to be by majority and every subsequent day it's whoever has the most votes by days end. I can't speak for funnier, but I feel that is the norm.

well since I have your attention, If you had to pick between Moe and Yiga, who would you lynch?

and @DekuNut

you have to understand where I am coming from. I am on double secret probation. 1 slip up and I'm out of the Mafia Section permanently. I am trying to be more put- together with my observations. If you want answers, ask the right questions. not in rapid fire, not hidden in a sea of words.
-bullet points
-easy to see
-easy to read
-easy to slide a response underneath
I don't feel like that's the norm at all. I can't actually remember a game recently where that was the case - not even in ours.
I understand your issues with his game choices, but not why you those choices make him scummier than some other players today.

As for your question, Yiga. Like I said, I have a hard time judging Moe so early on, and I'm feeling like Gum's right in that he's just far deeper into the game than literally everyone else, and that rubs people the wrong way. For now, between the two, gun to my head gun to my balls, I'd vote Yig.

I do like it yes
I mean... I can't really argue that? You do indeed seem to like it... but why? Nobody else seems to like this except you. That makes it kinda weird. What holy, greater truth can you see that we do not regarding this subject?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Will do.

Moe is at 4 Votes rn. I do not have the Time nor the patience to scour his 60+ Posts at the moment so I'm going to bed as well.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
It seems people decided to post while I was asleep. :eyes:

Though I still don't like how Moe's posting, he hasn't set off any alarms in my head that make me go "Oh, he's definitely scum." His thought process is pretty raw, like I've said before, and I haven't seen anything blatantly odd about how he's posting, which is what I'm looking for when I'm scumreading someone like him. Like Doc said, this seems like his typical meta.

I'm still not going to vote, but if I was asked the "if you had a gun to your head" question, I'd put a vote on Pendio. His posts have this vibe of "oh yeah, I agree with that or "yeah, that's definitely suspicious," just replying to posts and making statements or thoughts that'd be obvious to everyone. It's similar to his D1 posts in Chaos Mafia III, and he was scum in that game.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Opportunistic. Restating with little elaboration what everyone else is thinking... Scum tactic, but also a lazy tactic. I do it when I am lazy so you get a pass FOR NOW
Well it's kinda hard not to restate things on day one when we have not much to go off of. Especially when 15 pages popped up since my last post. Moe's recent interaction with LG is helping me feel better about my vote.

However, as I said I could very well be wrong. Moe might be Jamie 2.0 for me where I always think he's scummy simply because of playstyle. Someone mentioned we were like this with Ryuken but I have quite enjoyed Ryuken's playstyle from the beginning of his play here. This isn't a similar situation, at least for me. I've just never supported Ryuken's d1 no lynch.

Minish, I guess that makes sense. It just came across as that you knew they would have to guess their role, not as a guess that they had to. However, in a 13 player game, I'm currently not sure there's an SK. But as others have said, we'll have to see once night hits

funnier6

Courage~
Tfw you wake up to sixty alerts. X_X Not complaining of course.
Like LG said in her response to this, I was asking because I hadn't played a game here in a while and was trying to learn what recent games have been like in order to better prepare for this game. I was suggesting the presence of a third party, I was simply asking what had become the norm on this site. Speculating on the game's setup is in no way something only scum would do. It's very much in the interest of the Town to know what the setup of the game is.

I was going to respond to Storm's post about me but I think LG and DekuNut did a great job in showing how there's simply not much substance there at all, so I don't really feel the need to reiterate what they've already said.

Lastly, I feel the need to clarify by thoughts on Day 1 lynches, as I feel like people didn't really understand my stance. I am in no 100% opposed to a Day 1 lynch. If I feel like someone is scum, or if someone else makes a compelling argument against someone, then I would not hesitate to vote for them. However, I dislike lynching someone on Day 1 just for the sake of lynching someone. It's far more likely to be detrimental to the Town than helpful, so if we don't have any solid leads I'd rather go into the night with our full set of Townies than the likeliest scenario of being down 1.

@funnier6 sorry if this is already mentioned in the rules but I couldn't seem to find it specifically mentioned, but is a majority required for a lynch, or will the person with the most votes at the end of the day be lynched?
The person with the most votes will be lynched at the end of the day, no majority required.

Day 1 Vote Count:
Libk
- 1 (Pendio)
Heroine of Time- 1 (Doc)
Ryuken- 1 (Moe)
Moe the Moblin- 4 (Heroine of Time, Libk, Storm, LittleGumball)
Storm- 1 (Deku)
YIGAhim- 1 (Minish)

Not voting- 4 (Ryu, Pancake, Yiga, fused)

With 13 players alive it takes 7 to majority. Day ends on Wednesday May 16 at 9pm CDT.

Little more than thirteen hours left.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
I'm still quite suspicious of Yiga. I just don't understand why he thought people revealing if they've guessed their role right or not would be a good idea. And the fact that he said he had guessed his correctly doesn't sit right with me either. Why give that info to scum? Unless you are scum, and are trying to fish for info on who has a role already, but are presenting in a way that you say will make people look townie. The setup for saying that whoever reveals would look more townie, and then revealing that he's guessed his, feels like it could be an attempt to try and gain town cred. He's the only person I've seen that's done anything that seems anti-town, so....

Vote: Yiga

The more I've thought about it the more I find myself agreeing with this line of thinking. Like Minish outlines here, it really doesn't help the Town at all to know if someone has unlocked their role, it only helps the mafia figure out who they should NK. idk if it warrants a lynch tho, so I'm not going to vote for Yiga just yet.

So I see that right now the vote count clearly indicates that Moe is the most likely to be lynched. He has been one of the more active players, and while his posts haven't always been particularly helpful, I don't really like the idea of lynching him because of that. He also just posted his reads on every player in the game, which reads Town for me. I won't be added my vote to the wagon, but of course if you guys are fixated on lynching him, I of course cannot stop you from doing so.

I would like to hear from @Pendio, tho. Dime for your thoughts, sir? @Heroine of Time as well.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I don't really want to say who I think would be scum roles, so that I don't narrow it down for those people to be able to guess their role. Also, saying we might not find out there's an SK unless they guess their role is just a guess based on the nature of the game. Everyone has to guess who they are before they get their role. Therefore if there is an SK, unless they guess who they are I'm assuming they won't get to put in their night action. I don't even know for sure if there's an SK. There's a chance there's an independent/third party role based off of the list of characters though. And I feel like SK is the most popular/likely third party role, so it's speculation based on all of that.

Anyways, it seems like Moe and Storm are the main suspects right now and I don't really think I'm on board with lynching either of them. Moe's playing weird and aggressive, just like he did when he subbed in last game. So I don't see anything too off there yet, even if I don't agree with everything he says. And while I get that Storm's read of fused is reaching a lot, again, it seems like Storm's usual playstyle. Though this time he does seem to be putting in a bit more effort than I feel like he usually does, which is why I'm confused that people are suspecting him for it. Kinda feel like there could be scum in there, knowing that Storm can be an easy lynch to push just because of how he's acted in past games, and they're taking advantage of that.

I'm still quite suspicious of Yiga. I just don't understand why he thought people revealing if they've guessed their role right or not would be a good idea. And the fact that he said he had guessed his correctly doesn't sit right with me either. Why give that info to scum? Unless you are scum, and are trying to fish for info on who has a role already, but are presenting in a way that you say will make people look townie. The setup for saying that whoever reveals would look more townie, and then revealing that he's guessed his, feels like it could be an attempt to try and gain town cred. He's the only person I've seen that's done anything that seems anti-town, so....

Vote: Yiga
Of all of the crap I have done in every game of mafia we have played together, this is the thing that gets you to put down my name? I see why, but I don't buy it.

Yeah, it was a little stupid, but I figured that it would be easier for me to scumhunt when I knew all of the details. I never even thought much about what this would give the mafia, only what it'd give me. I simply don't think things like that through enough. It's like when I spoiled Funnier's plan a few games ago, and drove for a lynch off of Storma's reaction to funniers bait. I was the wagonleader and Storma flipped scum, giving me a total town read on everyone.

I didn't think in that case, and we got an easy lynch.

My bad. Too late now though, I do have my role. No lying

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
It seems people decided to post while I was asleep. :eyes:

Though I still don't like how Moe's posting, he hasn't set off any alarms in my head that make me go "Oh, he's definitely scum." His thought process is pretty raw, like I've said before, and I haven't seen anything blatantly odd about how he's posting, which is what I'm looking for when I'm scumreading someone like him. Like Doc said, this seems like his typical meta.

I'm still not going to vote, but if I was asked the "if you had a gun to your head" question, I'd put a vote on Pendio. His posts have this vibe of "oh yeah, I agree with that or "yeah, that's definitely suspicious," just replying to posts and making statements or thoughts that'd be obvious to everyone. It's similar to his D1 posts in Chaos Mafia III, and he was scum in that game.
this is the scummiest post on earth can we please lynch him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom