• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Idk if EBWODP is still a thing, but if so, EBWODP:

@fused_shadows, do you have any thoughts? I just looked at your posts and noticed you haven't posted much except jokes and asking about third parties. You're usually pretty good at scumhunting so I'd love to hear your thoughts.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
holy heck don't change avatars in the middle of a TWG

I do what I want :cool:
Aww, I thought I was doing okay. :( A lot of the time I struggle to find something to add, but I'm really trying. As I said before, I do much better later in the game when I can look at all of a person's posts and try to find contradictions or patterns in them.

(Also, I keep thinking you're LG with that avatar. y u do dis)
Nah I feel that lol I'm usually like that too I'm just tryharding rn for some reason (actually that reason being I only posted twice in the last game I played lol)

And that was the point HAHAHAHA

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
what's your read on me so far
You're hard to read. Experienced players from other sites usually are. Your meta and what you're used to is vastly different from ZD, which is very much its own site in terms of how we play. Because of that, my initial read on you will always be negative. You don't fit with the norm, you're speaking out against our culture... someone would be killed for that kind of thing back in Salem.
So I remain wary of my read on you. The best thing for me to do would be to go read a couple of those games you discussed earlier. Probably during Night One, since I have an exam on Wednesday and school generally keeps me pretty busy. Hopefully I can pick something up from there. Until then, I'm putting you at null to be safe, and I don't want to see you lynched Day One because I have a feeling a lot of the other players are in similar boats to me. Later on, maybe, we'll see, but not this early in the game.

alright I'm going to bed, whose idea was 72 hour phases
I guess it's fine for day 1 but strongly consider cutting it down to 48, as 72 tends to drag especially later in the game
That's actually pretty common here. Back when I first started, cycles were a full week long, with 5 day days and 2 day nights. You get used to it, and honestly not a lot of people around here can stand up to 48 hour day speeds. I originally wanted Inception days to be 48 hours long, but the players almost unanimously asked for an extension day one and I took that as a sign.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
i got killed for that in scrubs mafia :^) i was the only one who wasn't scum. everyone else copied me. still salty.
Omg. I forgot about that. XD I also had the best death scene in Scrubs. Good times.

answering or explaining the questions diminishes the worth of my thoughts, so I can't share them until the opportune moment
I'm sorry, how so? This doesn't make any sense to me. Why does it matter how much worth your thoughts have? And even if that is true, why did you simply ignore them then? I think a lot of people would appreicate if you at least acknowledge they asked you something. It's not only rude to ignore them, but it almost makes it seem like you're not reading the whole thread.

I initially thought you might be town with a very unique playstyle, since you did seem to be genuinely scumhunting, but now it's coming off as more uncooperative and secretive. Those are not qualities that are beneficial to the Town.

Vote: Moe the Moblin

I'm not completely convinced you're scum, since we've had people with similarly uncooperative playstyles before who have ended up Town (Storm, for example, iirc). And I think DekuNut had a great point about your playstyle probably being the product of you being a member on another website with a different culture. But I think you'd be a good first day lynch if we have no better leads, since these qualities just seem inherently anti-Town to me.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Thank you for that context. I was very concerned at first. XD

Aww, I thought I was doing okay. :( A lot of the time I struggle to find something to add, but I'm really trying. As I said before, I do much better later in the game when I can look at all of a person's posts and try to find contradictions or patterns in them.

(Also, I keep thinking you're LG with that avatar. y u do dis)

@Moe the Moblin, would you please answer these questions? I'm also very interested in the answers.
It's scaring me how much you're putting me on my good side, lol. Don't take this the wrong way, but am I the only one who reads through these posts at first and goes:
latest
Anyway, yeah, you're welcome. That would have been very awkward without context. :P
@fused_shadows, do you have any thoughts? I just looked at your posts and noticed you haven't posted much except jokes and asking about third parties. You're usually pretty good at scumhunting so I'd love to hear your thoughts.
I'm gonna take note of this. The last post of substance they've made was on page 8 with their stance on D1 Lynches and their thoughts on number of scum. I'd like to hear more from them as well as from @Libk (where you at, my dude...?).

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth

I honestly forgot how much fun RVS joking around is, and wanted to keep it going a little longer but I guess it's serious time.

First and foremost I'm not too concerned about Moe atm. I remember LG saying something along the lines of "you're probably town so we shouldn't lynch you even though I want to" (sorry I'm way too lazy to find the quote, if someone finds it and I misread it please let me know) and I have to agree with her. He has isolated a few people (Ryu mainly and LG somewhat) but overall he's tried to engage everyone and has done his best to get substance out of people so I'm not concerned with him atm.

I also don't really get the "Ryu is scum" train. Nothing I've seen from them has led me to that conclusion at all.

I find the Jester comment by Libk (it was Libk, right?) a little weird but like LG said Jester is basically a bastard role and is unlikely to be in a game, so I think we can throw away that possibility for now.

Lastly, I again will clarify that I have no plans to lynch anyone on Day 1 unless I am more than 70% convinced they are scum. This is simply because if we assume that the game has 3 mafia members, one third party, and the rest town, a random lynch today gives about 70% of hitting a townie. I would much rather force the mafia to make the first move at night and use that information to lead our D2 lynch, instead of rushing to a conclusion that could be extremely detrimental to us.

I'm gonna take note of this. The last post of substance they've made was on page 8 with their stance on D1 Lynches and their thoughts on number of scum. I'd like to hear more from them as well as from @Libk (where you at, my dude...?).

To be fair, it's been a solid 3 or 4 years since I've played a game of mafia, so don't let Heroine set your expectations too high :sweating:

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
fortunately if there is an SK we don't have to speculate as it'll be apparent by night

Unless SK doesn't figure out their role.

I was more pressure voting then anything, but it could be seen as a scum trait (I think he's lying about it not being a character thing. Ryuken is the kind of guy to play the role he's given, and it could easily be a character trait)

I don't think Ryu not wanting a d1 lynch is lying about it not being a character thing. It's just Ryu's normal position (even though he flip flops on that sometimes) and not completely out of the norm for newer players to think. Plus I doubt there would be a character trait that didn't want d1 lynches, because most/all players on the list are always against d1 no-lynches.

With this in mind, do you know your roles yet, everyone?

Like others have said, this isn't a good idea. It's better to not give mafia that info, because then they'll know who to target to leave town with less usable (for the time being) roles.

Maybe you guys should start being all weird sometime too in other games. It allows you to get away with being reckless. You can do whatever you want...

Jesters are always possibilities. You don't want to be "That guy" who has to start a wagon on the Jester. Where I come from, they're as often as every 3 games.

Nah, suddenly being weird is grounds for being lynched. It doesn't allow you to get away with being reckless and you can't do whatever you want. That makes you a liability to town, and is more likely to get you lynched than not.

Sure jester may be a possibility, but it's not a likely possibility because they're just never really used here. If you're always thinking about a possible jester then you're going to dismiss potential scummy behavior for fear of them being a Jester. Town shouldn't be afraid to scum hunt.

this post

Just gonna say, I don't think that post makes Doc look townie. I don't think it looks AI at all in the first place, but if I were reading that much into it I wouldn't give it town points.

Oh yeah and scumread on you for using the "Oh it's just YIGA being YIGA" When it isn't and you know it. That's just a scum card to play at "having real reads"

Meh, this may not be the super typical Yiga but it still is Yiga being Yiga. You've admitted yourself that you like to switch up your play every now and then. And this may be one of those times, but it's still very much like you.

Having said that (I'm going to hate myself for this probably) but this does seem like scummy Yiga to me. I don't know if it's because you're trying to act more like someone else, but this does feel more in line with some of your scum play. I feel like sometimes when you're scum you try to post more of subsistence, but do it in a weird way which is what I'm seeing now.

quick hesitant thoughts: i'm not scumreading yiga like everyone else is. he reads like he's relatively new to me, or at least new to forum style mafia. is this true?

Yiga's not really new. He's played in a lot of recent games. This is just his playstyle and he always gets scum-read for it. Granted, it is a bit of a step up from his typical playstyle, but he has also played like this every so often.

funnier6

Courage~
Day 1 Vote Count:

Libk- 1 (Libk)
Heroine of Time- 1 (Doc)
Fused shadows- 1 (Pendio)
Ryuken- 1 (Moe)
Moe the Moblin- 1 (Heroine of Time)

Not voting- 8 (Minish, Storm, Ryu, Deku, Pancake, Yiga, fused, LittleGumball)

With 13 players alive it takes 7 to majority. Day ends on Wednesday May 16 at 9pm CDT.

Once again if you’d like to double check be my guest.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom