• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
sorry but day 1 no lynch is just not good play. day 1 wagons are incredibly important you can read so much. i will find every scum on a day 1 lynch. if you're not voting on day 1 on principle that's just unhelpful and i'd love to lynch someone who's unhelpful on day 1 :)

Go ahead, the littlest of gumballs. Lynch me; I dare you. ;)

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I had written out a post explaining who I thought could be scum aligned. But then I realized that would narrow it down a lot for scum to be able to guess their characters. So I'll refrain from that speculation, and say that there is one person I feel could be third party aligned. However, I could also see them just being mafia. So I think it's more likely we're looking at a 3 mafia team, but it's not impossible that there's a third party in here. If there is a third party role I feel it would more than likely be SK.
fortunately if there is an SK we don't have to speculate as it'll be apparent by night

also, what?? I thought there were 14 players in this game. 13 players makes more sense, so that's good. There probably are 3 mafia then.

As for games:

I'm the user "mikey" on Ninsheetmusic.

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9571.0
This was before I "got good" imo but it was still pretty good play on my part aside from fakeclaiming host. Today I'd never do that and back then I wouldn't do it if it wasn't on NSM (where I knew I wouldn't get insta-lynched for it). I was responsible for causing people to be active with that claim, so I stand by it. I also caught BrainyLucario out pretty early on a post. Thanks to the fact there were no cardflips, people were still suspicious of me and I was still suspicious of Olimar. Even though there was a lot going on in the background, I begged the vigi to shoot Olimar on the night he shot me instead and the game went on much longer than it had to simply because people were too dumb to listen to me or observe basic logic that I pointed out and they still had to question.

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9827.0
This game was a bit of a mess and I didn't play particularly well. That being said, I correctly identified Trasdegi was a wolf based on process of elimination and identified why he needed to be lynched over any other player (because it was safer) and yet again people didn't listen to me. The log that E. Gadd Industries posted near the end of the game proved that Celirra was human, so since nobody was listening to me I gave up and voted for BrainyLucario, since it was still possible Brainy was a wolf.

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9911.0
Hydra game, I was "TWG Waluigi" along with Olimar12345. This is my first wolf game of my modern TWG play. My second head made a comment about thinking toward the night phase and got called out for it so I started memeing and trying to cover for my second head. I got lynched day 2 thanks to a red check from the seer who should have died the day before, but my wolf partner made a mistake and didn't bold TWG Ness and thus didn't count the vote. Fortunately my partner survived through final 3 because one of the heads is a stubborn player and won't change his mind.

http://forum.ninsheetmusic.org/index.php?topic=9961.0
This game was hilarious. I claimed third party to BrainyLucario who ended up being a wolf. A TON of crap went on in the background and it's impossible to explain, but basically I was fearkilled night 1 because I knew too much and was too busy to play Night in the Woods to publicize it. Rip me. I played super well and nobody knew it, but Toby was able to pick up where I left off, and I'm glad he did.

I'm the user "flashflash account" on FFR

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148821
I was the seer this game and "proved" I wasn't the seer by changing my Greencheck day 1 off of my real greencheck to a player who I was reasonably sure was human. I was suspicious of wayward from the beginning and got a redcheck off him the following night. The next day Hakulyte made a terrible vote to attempt to save his wolf partner and got killed for it. I then claimed seer with a red check on wayward to lock up the game (if I got nightkilled and flipped seer it would validate my claim, if I survived through the night we were enough ahead where we would still win the game if I lost the thunderdome).

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=148965
This game was stupid. I got a "wish" card that allowed me to wish for anything I wanted. I wished to know the identity of the wolves, which got denied. The wish that got accepted was asking to know the setup, which ended up being 3 lost wolves and entirely vanilla. I was ticked off, but I used the info I had to try catching wolves (which I did, I found curry & rice). I ended up being wrong about MML's alignment, and 2 wolves dying day 1 was super advantageous. The rest of the game was spent screwing around and if you really wanna know how we won just read, cause there was a roleblock involved as well as someone being stripped of their powers. The random element of the deck was kind of unfair and I wasn't a fan of it.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149031
Another wolf game. I played pretty well in the thread but my nightkills were atrocious. I learned some more about how to wolf that game, and in the future I'm sure my wolf games will be better (hint: they aren't.)

These obviously aren't all of my games, but on NSM I don't play as often as I'm usually hosting.
I've also played once on MTGSalvation as Emcee_Mikey and three times on smogon as smogon account.
If you really wanna read those games you can

Mikey the Moblin

I've already explained why I don't have a fleshed-out reads list. Are you hinting at something I should be reading about LittleGumball? Also, it's interesting that you've decided to vote me for staying so consistent with a playstyle or habit.
It's weird because gumball has also provided roughly as much content as me and Minish, but you don't have a read on them at all. It's something I'll be paying attention to when either of you flip, we'll just say that.

Mikey the Moblin

Reread parts of the thread, didn't find anything interesting because memes without meta context=useless
but I do think ryu and gumball are potential partners

pancake is probably human, I think the difference is fully attributed to irl circumstances so I can't use it

then deku looks a little scummy to me for using bright yellow and green in a post

doc feels human thus far, so does minish

everyone else should probably try posting

Mikey the Moblin

Would you care to elaborate a bit further on why you think that may be the case?
I would simply quote all their posts where they interact with each other, and then ryu's post where he ignores actually putting a read on gumball
for example, ryu places an RVS on pancake but wait no he doesn't it's actually on gumball
then gumball votes for ryu
and this probably means pretty much nothing but still, they're aware of each other, so why is ryu pointedly ignoring gumball in terms of actual content
It's suspicious and looks partnery

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Reread parts of the thread, didn't find anything interesting because memes without meta context=useless
but I do think ryu and gumball are potential partners

pancake is probably human, I think the difference is fully attributed to irl circumstances so I can't use it

then deku looks a little scummy to me for using bright yellow and green in a post

doc feels human thus far, so does minish

everyone else should probably try posting
I would simply quote all their posts where they interact with each other, and then ryu's post where he ignores actually putting a read on gumball
for example, ryu places an RVS on pancake but wait no he doesn't it's actually on gumball
then gumball votes for ryu
and this probably means pretty much nothing but still, they're aware of each other, so why is ryu pointedly ignoring gumball in terms of actual content
It's suspicious and looks partnery
Whoa there, cowboy, I think you're jumping the gun a bit there. Just because I haven't addressed someone doesn't mean I'm scum buddies with them. If that were the case, I could be scum buddies with 8 other people at least. I do agree that "everyone else should probably try posting," but just as I can choose to address someone's post whenever I feel it's necessary to do so, everyone else can post whenever they want.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Moe, you seem good at finding small things in someone's posts that can be sucmtells. But don't you think you're being a tad overbearing? I can't completely tell how serious you are about some of these because I don't know your playstyle, but a lot of the things you're pointing out are small day 1 things.

I think it's a great trait since it can help us find scum. But things like the color of people's posts don't really seem like scumtells to me.

(Also I love ninsheetmusic! Didn't know they had forums. :P)

Regarding the day 1 lynch thing... I'm just gonna throw out there that I'm totally fine with a no lynch. I see everyone's point about the importance of a day 1 lynch but I don't want to just RVS it. Luckily it seems like we're getting some substance already so that might not be necessary.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I did not expect others to voice support for a No Lynch. Usually, I'm the lone person in this crowd, heh. :sweat:
Also, I have started to notice that Heroine and Minish do have a very similar playstyle in terms of the frequency and content of their posts. Both of them even posted after the 3 hour RVS phase ended. Coincidence? Who knows...
Moe, you seem good at finding small things in someone's posts that can be sucmtells. But don't you think you're being a tad overbearing? I can't completely tell how serious you are about some of these because I don't know your playstyle, but a lot of the things you're pointing out are small day 1 things.

I think it's a great trait since it can help us find scum. But things like the color of people's posts don't really seem like scumtells to me.

(Also I love ninsheetmusic! Didn't know they had forums. :P)

Regarding the day 1 lynch thing... I'm just gonna throw out there that I'm totally fine with a no lynch. I see everyone's point about the importance of a day 1 lynch but I don't want to just RVS it. Luckily it seems like we're getting some substance already so that might not be necessary.
I've noticed Moe's thought process seems very... raw, and by that I mean they speak whatever is on their mind. I think so far, they've been completely serious with every post they've made, even during RVS. It's weird, I know.

I'll just say that out of the "Mafia veterans" (AKA Gumball, Moe, fused, and Heroine), I'm getting the strongest town vibes from you, and 80% of it has to do with your personality, lol. I'll need to do some reading on your past games in order to figure out the other 20%, though.

Mikey the Moblin

The "raw, unfiltered" playstyle is a comment I get a lot. I post literally EVERYTHING on my mind and it's why I consider myself to be a bad wolf.

Looking for small stuff is important D1 because there's not much else to go on, but once I get the ball rolling on the small stuff it forces people to provide content that could be actually relevant

Make no mistake though, I really am wolf reading Ryu and gumball, it's not just pressure.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
But if you look for small stuff D1, especially when you don't know someone's meta, it's super easy to misread people and situations. I don't usually put much stock in my D1 reads because of that.

Pen

The game is on!
But if you look for small stuff D1, especially when you don't know someone's meta, it's super easy to misread people and situations. I don't usually put much stock in my D1 reads because of that.

I agree 100%. Over my Yeats of playing I've learned not to trust my day 1 instincts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom