• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD Drawing Competition Round 26 - Voting

Which entry is your favorite?

• Entry #1

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Entry #2

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Hi, friends! Entries for Round 26 of the Drawing Competition are now closed. So let's get the voting round started! This round's theme was:

Super Smash Bros

We received two entries this round, and they can be found below. After viewing them, decide for yourself which you think is best!

4PB0YGo.jpg
the_creation_of_smash__by_karugrezeil-dce4cuv.jpg

Voting will run until Saturday, July 7th, 11:59 PM EST, after which I will announce the winner in this thread. Happy voting!

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I like how the characters in the second entry are welcoming Inkling Girl, as though they weren't about to beat her ass in the reveal trailer.

Pen

The game is on!
Both are definitely very good! I like seeing all of those characters together in entry 1. I love smug Captain Falcon, Tabuu and the planets in the background. ^^

I have to say entry 2 is my favourite though. I love the face expressions of all the characters. Especially Mario, Kirby and Donkey Kong. Also, I'm really no expert when it comes to drawing and painting, but it looks like some different colouring techniques have been used in the picture. The Smash emblem behind the characters looks really cool. And Inkling Girl looks super cute!

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
dang son, this is a really tough discussion.
I really liked the drawing style for entry one. it was very well put together and had a lot of characters. while it wasn't as clean and sterile as entry 2, it had those little details that really brought the characters to life. I loved captain falcon, peach, and DK the best. oh yeah and it has to get extra points for adding Tabuu. He's so cool and I love him. Great Job contestant 1!

Entry Two was also really great. it had a really thoughtful and purposeful story and just by looking at it, you could see it was symbolic. those who are perceptive may have noticed that all those characters on the right were on the original Smash 64 roster. and obviously Inkling is the latest and greatest when it comes to new entries. the color was stellar as well. I loved the marker colors for the characters and if I'm seeing this correctly, is that some kind of water color paint for the smash logo? whatever it was, great job Entry 2!

It feels wrong, choosing either one. they are both so great in their own ways. in the end. I had to go with entry 1. I just felt drawn to it a little more than 2. great job to both contestants and I wish you both the best of luck!

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
important loved both, but entry 1 gains my vote since it contains more parts and looks equally detailed

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
That was so close! Good job Karu.

Now that the competition is over I want to say that my picture was supposed to be a play on the Infinity War poster. I didn't make that quite clear enough, mostly because I didn't think about character proportions when I was placing characters. Link and Samus really blocked out Mario's T-Pose.

uFxe6IK.jpg

karu

Panamaniac
That was so close! Good job Karu.

Now that the competition is over I want to say that my picture was supposed to be a play on the Infinity War poster. I didn't make that quite clear enough, mostly because I didn't think about character proportions when I was placing characters. Link and Samus really blocked out Mario's T-Pose.

uFxe6IK.jpg
It was a really great drawing and I think you got the pose pretty dead on. Congrats and I can't wait for the next competition

Reactions: Doc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom