• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda ZD Community Game Technical Reqruitment Thread

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Self application:
I'm electing myself Community Organizer / Lead for the project, I've lead guilds of 250 + members , forum mod in PWE's Jade Dyanasty offical forum, clan leader back from Halo/ SWBF days/ website manager and graphic artist for back on SWBF league for our group of clans.

So I can trust my self to keep the project organized and find suitable work for people, and find a way to apply the community consensus, and try to keep every one involved in the project happy and felt respected.

Does any one have a problem with this?

================================================================

Ok here's what I need from any one interested in helping with the project:

Step 1, don't bother speaking up if you're not going to follow thru, decide this for yourself before you do so, other people are going to be
Step 2, List skill set below and what you feel you can contribute (Please note, if you're only interested in pitching story ideas, that'll be open to the whole community to pitch ideas afterwards

If you're interested in story that doesn't mean not to apply, we're going to want npc's that say things, and that needs to be written too, just understand we don't need a dozen people writing different stories):

After you've done this, I'll size up what kind of man power we have available and we can go from there, and maybe shoot some emails/ skype calls from that.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Okadoke. This will be a more full fledged application with my skills in the fortay.

What can I do?

Artist: Yup I'm an artist. I can do both hand drawn and digital art, however my hand art is far better. A link to my deviantart is in my sig, although I haven't drawn a picture in a while so those are kind of crappy. I can produce some art if you'd like to see my "current style".

Music: I'm a musician although I'm limited two only two instruments at the moment. I can sing (female young soprano which might be closer to a high alto) and I play the Ocarina. I'm fairly good at both I'd say, and I can also produce some of my skills in those if you need. My youtube doesn't have my singing nor my ocarinaing, so don't look there. X3 I do play some piano but I'm not very good but if you want some piano stuff I'll try.

Story: Ha, I know what you said about this. X3 But I'm just here to say that as far as story developing goes I'll probably stay in the side-lines unless I get something super brain storming, so I probably wont participate much in this area, although you never know with me.

Programming: I'm learning C++ this summer, but other than that I know squat. And I'm sure you don't want to wait the whole summer just for one measly programmer so you don't have to count me in here. ;>

Other: What else do you need? I can do level designing and such from my experience as a dungeon master in Dungeons and Dragons (a good table-top RPG game, best I've played).

Yup, there's all my experience in the game creating world that I know of.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Well, in terms of other? We need support artists:
Texture artist

Sprite / Model work

World designer :Modelers (aka terrain, land scape, buildings and such):

Level /dungeon designer (this is different then world designer, as in this person comes up with the over all flow of the dungeon, and over all plans out all the levels layouts/puzzles/ enemies/)

Concept artist (aka draw some land scape or a dungeon to help the level designers out, or a character/ enemy to help the modeler out)

======================

Music:
We need a Musical Director, some one who can decide and coordinate what music to use where, and/or coordinate its creation/composure.
We need Actual Musicians, be it digital 8 bit sounds, sound board software, or actual insturments. Again type of music has yet to be decided and will be under the direction of the Musical Director

Sound Effects:
SFX Director pretty much same as above
SFX creators

Programming:
Software Director/ Engineer, this will be the guy who pretty much figures out what coding actually needs to be done, to bring together the other elements.
Support Coders, people who follow the blue prints laid about by the Software director to make it a reality.

--------------------------

User Interface Design Director
This person will pretty much design the UI, and out source the construction of it to both the artist/ programming.

--------------------
Anything else i'm missing?

Some of these roles can will probably be required to be done by the same person, but hopefully this will make things clearer for those interested in working on the project, I know this seams like alot, but multiples of these can/will be done by the same individual, this was merely a logical break down of what the project needs.
Not all require technical skill, only creative talent/ intelligent design.

As I said in the other thread I can draw pretty good I have a good imagination and I have already been coming up with possible stories/plots for a couple years now, if you guys want or need my help I will do what I can, I could also come up with some sample of concept art if desired, I hope I didn't come of as a bragger if so I apologize.

balloonofwar4

The Mystical Man-Fairy
Roles I can be-

Concept artist: I'm not the best out there but I'm pretty good with a pencil and paper. My friend is a good sprite artist.

Overworld designer: I could definitely design overworld flow, enemies and barriers.

Level/dungeon designer: It would be a bit harder than overworld design for me, but I can still do it. I could be a backup level designer.

UI designer: I could do this easily.

Story design: The role everyone is scrambling for. I can do this if needed, but I'd like to let the people who are really interested in story to take this role.

Roles I cannot do-

Anything with programming- DO NOT ask me to help with coding. Heck, I just learned what C++ was yesterday.

Music/audio performing/conducting- I could suggest tracks, but I cannot make good music/sfx by myself.

For the 500th time, dragoncat made a trello.com board. If you want to be on the ZD Fan Game dev team, sign up and let her know here so she can add you to the board.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
You mean 0th time? I don't remember seeing it mentioned before at all.

Anyways we already have a forum, if we could just get our own section of it, for people working on the project, hint hint at any moderators lurking about. If not an off site discussion board will have to suffice, although partially separates us from the community of which its supposed to be a project of.

considering how many people will want to be a part of this I may just back into the shadows as I won't likely be needed and other than some concept art I have in mind the only thing I really think should get a good look at is one of my stories/plots that I have been working on for a while now it isn't ready yet but it will be soon enough, but I may just fade into the back ground as odds are not in my favor even if I sign up.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Okay, then whatever you want me to do I'll do yo.

Texture artist: Having experience in art anyway I could do this, although it'd be a first

Sprite / Model work: I can totally do this. As I've said I've done some digital art before and when I was younger I used to play with paint and make little sprites that looked like the FF4 and 7 character styles

Modelers (aka terrain, land scape, buildings and such): Yeah I can handle this. Although if it's going to be 3D I'd need some different programs

Level /dungeon designer (this is different then world designer, as in this person comes up with the over all flow of the dungeon, and over all plans out all the levels layouts/puzzles/ enemies/): I would so love to do this, I love making puzzles and dungeons

Concept artist (aka draw some land scape or a dungeon to help the level designers out, or a character/ enemy to help the modeler out): Once again I've got some skills ;>

We need a Musical Director, some one who can decide and coordinate what music to use where, and/or coordinate its creation/composure: A musical director eh? I've got a good idea as to what kind of music flows with video games and such, I'd be up for this

We need Actual Musicians, be it digital 8 bit sounds, sound board software, or actual insturments. Again type of music has yet to be decided and will be under the direction of the Musical Director: Like I said I'm an actual musician ;>

Whenever you need my help just hollar

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Anyways we already have a forum, if we could just get our own section of it, for people working on the project, hint hint at any moderators lurking about. If not an off site discussion board will have to suffice, although partially separates us from the community of which its supposed to be a project of.
I think a Group would suit the needs of this project in terms of on-site discussion.

Clank

Hmm
Well, in terms of other? We need support artists:
Texture artist

Sprite / Model work

World designer :Modelers (aka terrain, land scape, buildings and such):

Level /dungeon designer (this is different then world designer, as in this person comes up with the over all flow of the dungeon, and over all plans out all the levels layouts/puzzles/ enemies/)

Programming:
Software Director/ Engineer, this will be the guy who pretty much figures out what coding actually needs to be done, to bring together the other elements.
Support Coders, people who follow the blue prints laid about by the Software director to make it a reality.

--------------------------

User Interface Design Director
This person will pretty much design the UI, and out source the construction of it to both the artist/ programming.

Sprite work: I can help out here, but there are a ton of better artists so I would rather stay in the background; unless I am really needed.

Programming and UI: I can help out here, but I would rather not be a lead(I can be if nobody else will), as I tend to have a irregular schedule.
Also(even though I already mentioned it) I only know Python, and am working on learning C++...

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I'm all up for writing and editing the story. I have the time. I'm not too technical, but I'm ready for any brainstorming or writing or editing you might require.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom