• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ZD After Skyward Sword.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
I will still check for daily news on ZD (I mighty quickly hop over to IGN just to see a review score) and then, I sit down and play SS to death!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Well, there are a few things that are worth considering here.

1. ZD currently has an anti-spoiler policy. You aren't really allowed to spoil new games anyway without alerting people that your post contains spoilers, so there's a good chance that your game won't be spoiled unless you choose to look. Even if you come to the forum.

2. Research shows that spoiling the story of game ahead of time does not decrease a person's enjoyment of the game. It is largely a myth, and I certainly do not feel deprived if I use a walkthrough several times to beat a game.

3. You have no idea how long it will take you to finish the game without a walkthrough. What if you need a little help? Do you really want to have to avoid ZD for several months, maybe even a year, while you struggle to beat a game with no assistance? Or would you rather have a little help once in a while when you get REALLY stuck?

guy123

The Waker of the Winds
just because a new game is released doesn't mean the whole website is tabooed. I'll just avoid the Skyward Sword Forums until I'm done with the game, but after that there could be all kinds of goodies I missed. I completely agree with athenian2000 about walkthroughs.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I won't have it nearly as bad as Josh, but I would like to avoid spoilers if possible while continuing moderating duties. Unfortunately (for me - fortunate for you in fact), one of these duties is to make sure spoilers are properly labelled. As Athenian said, there is a spoiler policy in place:
Failure to Warn or Hide Spoilers (0 points):Failure to warn about Spoilers - No Infraction
Spoiler is any piece of information that gives: story line details, solutions to quests or dungeons, new characters or characters' secret identities, or secret items or items' locations that are meant to be revealed at a certain point during the game (excludes box, manual, and exposition). This isn't a strict rule and will not be punished as such. Users may be reminded via PM to be mindful of the common courtesy of hiding off-topic or spontaneous spoilers. Moderators reserve the right to edit posts to include spoiler tags at their discretion and issue at most a PM asking the user to be more cautious in the future.
If you're concerned about SS spoilers, it may be a good idea to stay away from the SS section for a while. It should be safe to browse the section and read only topics that wouldn't contain spoilers (which won't be many), since we'll be trying to keep spoilers out of thread titles and off-topic spoilers within spoiler tags. Restricting spoilers too much would stifle conversation, so don't expect anything to be spoiler-free, but things should at least be properly labelled. If you happen upon a spoiler that isn't, please report the post in question so we can add spoiler tags, prefixes, etc. If you happen upon one that is, well then that's your own decision.

I probably won't be too active, but I'll certainly be responding to reports, spoilers or not. I'm on break starting the 20th, so I'll try to finish it up quickly so I can catch up on theory posts.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
2. Research shows that spoiling the story of game ahead of time does not decrease a person's enjoyment of the game. It is largely a myth, and I certainly do not feel deprived if I use a walkthrough several times to beat a game.

I am wondering just how this is researched, as it seems to be more of a matter of opinion. I personally feel that spoiling the story of a game does indeed decrease my enjoyment of the game when it comes to modern story-heavy video games. I want to have it unfold before me as I play, and not spouted off by someone who got further along than I did. This is why I generally avoid the forums after the release of a new game, because no matter how good a site's spoiler policy is, it's not absolutely flawless. And in the end, what one person considers info up for grabs is another persons spoiler, but that's a different discussion I suppose.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'll probably come on here, regardless, just for the news. But if I sense anything is a spoiler, I'll stop reading and move on to something else. :dog:

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I'll probably mostly do what I did with TP. I kept coming on here, reading up on the ocassional post dealing with the game, but not diving too far into the mess. However, unlike TP, I don't plan on using a walkthrough for half the game.
So, basically, the forums are okay to visit, SS section I will be wary of, ZD main site will be off limits (for the most part).

Well, I don't really care if I spoil it for myself. Like, I found out the ending of Twilight Princess on the internet by accident and I didn't really mind it. I will still be on ZeldaDungeon but I agree, it will be exploding with spoiler gameplay, plots, etc.

I'm not going to log on to ZD until after I beat Skyward Sword. I probably won't come out of my room until I beat it....then again, that is unhealthy. Ahhh

ZD may not be that different because some people on here don't even own a Wii or a Wii Motion Plus. It won't be a graveyard unless everyone here has all of the requirements to play it witch is highly unlikely. All I need is the Wii motion Plus and the game itself. (hmm, where will I spend my allowance?) I will not go to the SS section until I beat it! It will be my quest to beat it with no help at all. Some of you may even have limited time to play it due to where the Wii is located and how long others play it. Many of us will eventually need help but help may not be available witch will be ideal time to be on ZD. But others, with school and all, may not be on here as often as they originally were. A few of us may not even own it in their life. ZD is going to progress just fine as it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom