• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Zant: Lunatic or Pathetic?

Your opinion about Zant

• Lunatic!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pathetic!

• All Hail to the Usurper King!

• Total voters

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
geek4887 - Anyways, despite my rant on Zant, I still LOVED him as a villain, and I hope that Nintendo will use someone like him again, minus the deranged psychopath part of course.

But, that's the best part about him! XD

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Zant was just pure awesome! Ya of course he's a lunatic, but Stijl was so cool. Zelda doesn't have a lot of pure craziness in villains
(Well, Majora was crazy). He was a big refresher from the usual Ganondorf.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes Zant was a Lunatic but he was freaking awesome! At first he started as a frustrated Twili who got in touch with Ganondorf whom he saw as his God. And when Ganon gave him power and his wishes came true he started to get insane and his lust for power took over and he lost all reality. I think he is one of the coolest Villains I've ever seen and even though he started to jump up and down like crazy I really liked him.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Zant was pathetic in my eyes. I don't have the least bit of pity for him because he was just another "OMFG, I WANTZ TEH POWERZ, GIVE MEH TEH POWERZ" type villain and had no freaking reason to go all crazy like he did. Ridiculous, really. Sure enough, he seemed like an awesome villain ("Life? Or death?!" was an awesome quote), but how he ended up was just stupid and I feel Nintendo could've done so much better. Y'know, actually kill Zelda despite being a somewhat honorable villain. Or, explode in rage, almost killing Link. Just do something meaningful besides seizing Hyrule Castle, because ANY ol' villain can do that.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Sure enough, he seemed like an awesome villain ("Life? Or death?!" was an awesome quote), but how he ended up was just stupid and I feel Nintendo could've done so much better. Y'know, actually kill Zelda despite being a somewhat honorable villain.
You think killing Zelda off would've been better? Okaay...that's not odd at all. =/

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You don't understand, Zant was just borderline useless to the plot after the twist, and once you see the twist, all of what he did makes almost zero sense at all. I mean, he loses meaning as a character, and for that I wish he would've had a better fate. Do a villainous thing, not cry like a baby.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
You don't understand, Zant was just borderline useless to the plot after the twist, and once you see the twist, all of what he did makes almost zero sense at all. I mean, he loses meaning as a character, and for that I wish he would've had a better fate. Do a villainous thing, not cry like a baby.
You'd be upset too, if all you ever worked for in your life was being ripped away from you. XD

Borderline useless? He's technically the one who finished Ganondorf.

Fullmetal

The Spy-Sniper Combo
It's obvious that Zant has problems. At the beginning of the game, he doesn't seem to be so worked up. He's cool and collected. However, as you progress, you start to notice Zant's other side. My theory is that the emotional stress of the events taking place were too much for him and drove him insane (or at least put him on the highway leading to it). By defeating him, I suppose you put him out of his misery...

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I feel really sorry for zant. I think it would have been better if you didn't have to completely maul him. He was controlled by power and was just desperate.

zellinkda

one of many
I think zant is pathetic. he not only asks for Midna's help, but he can't even set up good security. a good villain would never ask for help and lose. oh, and by the way, I think zelda could have easily overthrown him if she wanted to. she was just too scared.

I think zant is pathetic. he not only asks for Midna's help, but he can't even set up good security. a good villain would never ask for help and lose. oh, and by the way, I think zelda could have easily overthrown him if she wanted to. she was just too scared.

If she could have beaten him in the beginning she would... Remember Zant had Ganondorf's power and Ganondorf is ridiculously strong, usually taking a divine sword, and the power from the sages and the other triforce wielders to beat him down.

She needed to surrender or lose her people. As a good monarch she decided the life of her people were more important and so she surrendered.

A

Azure Kite

Hum.
Well, Zant is honestly one of my favorite characters in the Zelda franchise. I don't know why, but turning from a calm, collected, rather menacing villain into a psychotic and over-dramatic mental case was just one of those "that... was... AWESOME" moments. It was unexpected and, although I felt a smidgen of disappointment, I still liked him. I feel Nintendo didn't do him justice enough by simply showing him as a basket-case and not saying why. I think that's one of their biggest faults, in my opinion. In truth, I think he was driven to his current state by pressure--the Twili seem to be an advanced race focused around stern rules and politics, and politics drive people to do some stupid and crazy things.

I guess I feel he was 'misjudged', as cliché as it sounds. I really do. But simply because of the lack of information and depth. I just highly doubt he was ALWAYS like that. There had to be some reasoning for it, other than wanting power (even though that also drives people to the brink). He and Midna's interaction always hinted for me that there was something between them, and not just the 'crown', so to speak. Whether or not it was what "certain fans" think, I have no idea. But I know something was there. Heck, with her attitude at the beginning, I wouldn't be surprised if she was also one of the causes. But again, we don't know the entire story and it's really a shame. Although, I do think that Ganondorf's influence also helped to drive Zant's mental state into a downwards spiral--more so than it already was. Power like that doesn't just come without consequences.

But, uhm... this is all just my opinion...

-KingJason

Superficies Rex
I really loved Zant at the begining, but as he started to whine and cry at the end, I had the overall feeling of my god, shut up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom