• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Zant: Lunatic or Pathetic?

Your opinion about Zant

• Lunatic!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pathetic!

• All Hail to the Usurper King!

• Total voters

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
appallingtruthbysonicma.jpg

[video=youtube;FZdmF4gBAcU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZdmF4gBAcU&feature=related[/video]​

This recent Thread is the culprit: http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?20433-Do-You-Feel-Ganondorf-Was-Tacked-Onto-TP
Yes, this Thread made's me think about Zant like never before.

First time I saw him going mad was like: "Whoa, dude's going crazy like Jack Nicholson in Shining".
All work and no play makes Zant a dull boy.

I mean, what was his problem? He totally freaked out. Or better: Did Aonuma went crazy? Or do you think the role of Zant had a complete different destination in the Beta Version of Twilight Princess?
Thinking about Zant recently mades him, for me, a bit more mysterious. He started as a real cool guy, turning into an lunatic. Well, to make it clear, that's not Ganondorfs fault. But Zant did not deserve such a fate.

What do you think about this crazy guy? Well, my poll isn't just about Lunatic or Pathetic. For every Zant Fan, there is a third choice.

And please, don't forget. If you got funny and absurd stuff from Zant, please post it.
Let's make this Thread a worthy Zant shrine :)

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Zant is a Villan with a rare persona. His motives are understandable, but the way he preforms his job is slightly in an alternate realm. He's not all there, mentaly speaking, he's very unique, in his design of his clothing and armor, to his personality. Zant is by-far, the most strangest Usurper we've seen yet, but Lord Ghirahim seems to be upposing thet therory, due to his feminine looks, but masculine persona and and build. Zant is mis-guided, if he hadn't ever met ganon, he would've been a good guy, or something. . .

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Why isn't there a "both" option? Zant was one of the greatest villains in gaming history until Nintendo decided to make him insane. Because of that, he was also made pathetic. (Plus, he just wasn't difficult at all.)

Continuing for absolutely no reason (:right:), I personally had no problem with them giving him a plight, as that gives character development, but when they made him completely insane, that just ruined him. If they had made it more like with Ganondorf in WW (coveting Hyrule's wind), it would have been so much better. Oh, and if they had made him a challenge.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Well, it seems a bit to harsh for me to include both options, Lunatic and Pathetic, in the poll. I mean, it is one thing to be a Lunatic or beeing Pathetic, but both, well, this really sucks :(
As I said before, he did not deserve such a fate.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Zant FTW

Why isn't there a "both" option? Zant was one of the greatest villains in gaming history until Nintendo decided to make him insane. Because of that, he was also made pathetic. (Plus, he just wasn't difficult at all.)

Wow, you're nice. Zant being insane made him awesome. If he hadn't been insane, his character would be boring and boring and boring.
And wow, you're really not very accepting of other people's skill levels. OK, so you beat him easily. Doesn't mean everyone did. Don't be so insensitive. :dry:

P.S. I voted the third option. Because Zant was awesome.

P.S.S. Follow this link if you like Zant's insaneness. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5708278/1/Tripolar_Is_Not_A_Word

Z

ZeroLink

I personally loved Zant's character progression. I hated the scene where he stomped around but it made me feel sad for him, I dont think he is pathetic... just a little misguided. And in the end when he's the one who ends up finishing off Ganondorf, that was my favorite part in Twilight Princess (I'm not all that fond of the story)

So he is a little pitiful, and at the same time crazy, but also very noble. He represents the complexities of the mind and how one can lose it for the sake of power.

geek4887

The Unknown
Let me just say this: Nintendo gave off VERY subtle hints in the beginning that Zant was on the verge of insanity. Not only did he go insane in the end, but I think that he starts going insane when all the provinces were cleansed (refer to Lanayru Province cleansing) where he starts rambling off when he finds out that his plans may be in jeopardy.
“How dare you?! Are you implying that my power is…our old magic? Now THAT is a joke!”
“This power is granted to me by my god! It is the magic of the King of Twilight, and you WILL respect it!”
If you use your imagination and actually add voicing into this cutscene, you can see how Zant's tone changes from cool, to deranged.

You see, Zant, I guess is near human. Just like us, when you have the upper hand on things, you're calm, cool and collected. Something goes wrong, and well, you get post-Zant. This may be out of topic, but I liked how Nintendo showed Zant and gave him human qualities (unlike other villains in the series), albeit him losing his "intimidating-ness" in the end. But, behind Zant's cool demeanor, he's still just the whiny little Twili he is. He's just basically an ambitious wimp, who found himself a big, bad friend (Ganondorf) who supported him to achieve his goals.

Anyways, despite my rant on Zant, I still LOVED him as a villain, and I hope that Nintendo will use someone like him again, minus the deranged psychopath part of course.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Lunathetic. A combination of the two, because he really is a combination of the two. He's a pathetic man who can't get over the fact that someone got in front of him on the King ride. Boo-hoo. He's also a psychopath. Amma throw a temper-tantrum because I'm not the king! I don't have to worry about assassination attempts, taxes, public opinion, or running a country, so I'm gonna throw a Kanipshin. And don't get me started on the twist-around...

He wanted power, that's all that was to him. In my opinion he had a bad case of little man syndrome. He wanted power but there was ALWAYS someone above him. Once he acquired power, his little man ego got fulfilled and he took full advantage of it. He loved it, finally being in power so that's why he seemed like a badass at first. He knew he was unstoppable, or so he thought... The one person that was always ahead of him, Midna, was powerless before him and she couldn't do anything. Imagine his surprise when every thing that he had accomplished was being undone by the one person he abhorred and some kid out of the blue. Not only that, but even when he thought he had finally killed Midna, and permanently put an end to Link's meddling, they come back, confront him and defeat him, stronger than ever. Couple everything that happened in the game with his already bruised ego, doesn't it make sense that he would go from someone who first seems really evil to someone who can't handle it anymore?

LinkLover

You Mean, Green Thing
Zant is a villain that I started out loving. I mean, come on. The freaking Usurper King of the Twili! So, I loved him. That is...

Until he became pathetic. Stomping around like a child, and not being in control of his own life. In fact, later in the game, I remember comparing him to a rebel teenager. :) But, really. Sometimes I wonder if they got lazy designing him halfway through, and just made him a sob story for sympathetic fans everywhere. Well, I am one of those fans. Pathetic he may be, but you have to respect his little kingdom and pets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom