• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Yugioh

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Okay so who here has heard of Yugioh? If you have then have a Kokiri Kookie *lays a tray of cookies out* and if you haven't then allow me to educate you. Yugioh is a trading card game, anime, and manga. The anime is pretty good and honestly the manga isn't to shabby either (manga is like a graphic novel but you read it right to left). Now that we all know what it is then tell me: what do you think of it? I personally like the card game (my friends and I have duels all the time) and the anime is pretty fun to watch. The manga is just as good (I don't always get to read it sadly:cry:).

Last edited:

Dragon Tamer

Cold hearted...thing
Thanks for the cookie. I love Yugioh. I collect the cards. I'm not that good at dueling. Mostly I just look at the pretty pictures on the cards. Especially the sparkly ones.
But, I watch the show as much as I can. I'm now working so I don't get much time to watch anime. :( But Yugioh is still in my heart. :)

Izagar

Working on a webcomic. :D
I've watched YGO since it came out, as well got a few mangas and cards. I'm currently watching the Japanese episodes out Yu-gi-oh! 5Ds right now and waiting for their subbed versions. As you can tell from my name, I'm a YGO lover as my name is the Japanese name of Jaden Yuki. :P

SYNCHRO SUMMON! MY VERY SOUL! RED DEMON'S DRAGON!

Currently have Red Dragon Archfiend (Red Demon's Dragon), Stardust Dragon, and Black Rose Dragon. I want Ancient Fairy Dragon and Powertool Dragon.

Yeah, I used to watch the show as a kid and I read the manga for a while (it's at school - my library is awesome ^^). The card game is pretty fun too. I have a couple of ancient decks back when the original series was still popular. The series isn't bad, but I've lost interest in it lately.

If you're a fan of it, have you seen Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series yet? It's HILARIOUS.

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series YouTube Channel

Shnappy

derp
Yu-gi-oh really brings back a lot of memories. When I was 5 or 6, I was a huge fanatic. I had tons of Yu-gi-oh cards, and would have duels with my next door neighbor almost every day. I played Yu-gi-oh until I was about 8 or 9, and then I slowly kind of stopped playing. I watched the anime back when I was 5 or 6 too, and it was my favorite TV show. Though the series really went downhill after the first season. The first season was the most amazing thing ever, but then all this Yu-gi-oh GX stuff (I think that's what it's called)? It's pretty stupid, if you ask me. But Yu-gi-oh was a huge part of my childhood, I even kind of miss it.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I used to watch it when I was younger. The first episode I saw was when Yugi versed Joey prior to the Pegasus duel. Now that I look back on it, there was something about the season one episodes that I don't like. Maybe the Japanese ones were better, I don't know. First of all, the duels aren't played by the rules. Field power bonuses?, 2000 lifepoints!?, no tributes required.

Okay, maybe having limited life points is okay to save screen time. However, they should've followed the other official card game rules There was even one episode where Kaiba used this computer to decrease the power of a blue-eyes. I also think there are too many friendship speeches. -.- I was really bothered by them. I don't understand why they couldn't just leave them out entirely. I thought season two was alright. They followed the rules somewhat more than they did in season one.

The Yugioh GX ones were vastly improved from the previous episodes. They were great when I used to watch them. The main character Jaden Yuki didn't win every card game unlike Yugi and it kind of had humor with it. Very little sappiness compared to the previous ones and the card games are played by the exact rules. Lifepoints may be 4000, but that doesn't matter, it was a good series. I actually like dueling with my own cards . I'm not very good, but it is really fun. I just haven't bought any new cards for a long time. Right now, I only watch Yugioh abridged. The episodes are very entertaining. It's funny when they call duels a "children's card game."

Linky

King of Twilight
I kinda like Yu-Gi-Oh, I have all the best cards like all the Elemental Heros alot of pwnage fusions and other amazing cards. I could prolly pwn all you guys in a duel lol.

jbkarate9

KAME HAME HA!!!!
I LOVE YUGIOH!!!!! Me and my older brother used to play all the time! I hated yugioh GX tho! Did not like it at all! I used to buy cards al lthe time! untill yugioh GX came out that is. I like to duel it is sorta fun. I sometimes still duel i didnt like how they didnt follow rules i nseason one sorta made me mad.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I used to live, and breathe Yugioh back in the day. Collected the cards and dueling was definitely something that floated my boat growing up.
My deck was bad ***, I rarely lost. Went undefeated at the only Yugioh tourney I ever registered in.
*sigh* Great memories, but alas, I grew up >.>

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I was a total maniac before, I collected the rarest cards and the hardest ones to find. Though i lost interest in them as time passed by, and decided to sell those cards on Ebay. Got a whopping 1 Million yen out of that gig, and spent the money for personal reasons. I kept some cards, like Blue Eyes White Dragon and Red Eyes Black Dragon. They are my favorites. I even have the "God" cards, Obelisk the Tormentor, Sylfer the Sky Dragon and The Wing Dragon of RA.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
I <3 Yu-Gi-Oh!
I still have all of my cards (even though nobody plays the game from where I'm living) and most of the DVD's from the series. Once I have kids, I think I might pass down all of my stuff to them, so I can raise them to be little yugioh freaks lol. But, anyway I grew up with this show and its been in my life for a while. I always watched the GX series, but once 5D's came on.........well, I stopped watching it unfortunately. :(

O

OniLink

I <3 Yu-Gi-Oh!
I still have all of my cards (even though nobody plays the game from where I'm living) and most of the DVD's from the series. Once I have kids, I think I might pass down all of my stuff to them, so I can raise them to be little yugioh freaks lol. But, anyway I grew up with this show and its been in my life for a while. I always watched the GX series, but once 5D's came on.........well, I stopped watching it unfortunately. :(

that is a smart plan Lady Yuna.
i still got my packs, and Yugi, Set adn Joey starter packs and wil treasure them, how can you not love the artwork for teh Blue Eyes White Dragon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom