• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Yu Yu Hakusho Mafia

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
I think it would've been awesome if I was medium this game but sadly the truth is much more boring.

Princess Abigail

botan-yu-yu-hakusho.gif

I was kind of concerned with Alanas muted response to Rag because of how angry Alana got at me when I did something anti wincon in that one chaos game.

But I realized that possibly man's the exact opposite of what I think it does and the reason the reaction is less fiery is because it doesn't effect Alana directly because she's town.

And yes this is a dumb read
I agree with what others said that this is actually a pretty good read. A'lana was pretty upset about the corpse lynching I believe, so I definitely see how you got to your initial scumread-- but her not being upset about this probably tracks better with her being town like you said.

I know that 9-players games have two mafia and 13-player games have three , so 11 would be 2+lost wolf or 3p? Although this game was designed to be a 13'er so it might not be balanced anymore
Yeah I feel like cutting out roles tends to mess with balance of games that've already been designed, and elevens a bit of weird number. I've only played one game where roles were cut and it was horribly scumsided by balance. It might be easier to fix the balance in a more vanillaish game like this but I think it's probably best not to base assumptions on the setup around the idea that it's perfectly balanced.

I don't really mind Kirino honestly. They're not a strong townread or anything and I could probably live with them being lynched but I have liked a few of their posts and haven't really had any major issues with their play.

Princess Abigail

Neon you said you like YuYu Hakusho right
Do you think you can help flavorsolve the game a bit? What roles you think we should expect, specially from the mafia team?

I think it's following show alignment and specifically the three kings arc which fits with the first flip and 3 mafia being in the original set up.

This is a quick rundown of 3K

I dunno I might be wrong there's a lot of really cool antagonists in Yuyu

Princess Abigail

I'd probably have done a GF a Ninja and some killing role or maybe a generic goon if I was building the game off the 3Ks as mafia but like limited power and ****

a'lana

cotton candy
I agree with what others said that this is actually a pretty good read. A'lana was pretty upset about the corpse lynching I believe, so I definitely see how you got to your initial scumread-- but her not being upset about this probably tracks better with her being town like you said.

Yeah I feel like cutting out roles tends to mess with balance of games that've already been designed, and elevens a bit of weird number. I've only played one game where roles were cut and it was horribly scumsided by balance. It might be easier to fix the balance in a more vanillaish game like this but I think it's probably best not to base assumptions on the setup around the idea that it's perfectly balanced.

I don't really mind Kirino honestly. They're not a strong townread or anything and I could probably live with them being lynched but I have liked a few of their posts and haven't really had any major issues with their play.
I have the exact same read on Kirino

a'lana

cotton candy
Also I the context of a D1 self vote that might not have mattered is IMO much different from convincing the entire thread to lynch a corpse mid game when there is mech info

Princess Abigail

I'd probably have done a GF a Ninja and some killing role or maybe a generic goon if I was building the game off the 3Ks as mafia but like limited power and ****

More info

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom