• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Yu Yu Hakusho Mafia

Kirino

Tatakae
I feel like we've played like 3 games together.
Just checked: 2 games actually, but I died early in one and was inactive in both. Also you were town in both, and I just realized I may have been confusing you with someone else in my initial post.

haha whoops

In any case, it looks like what I noted about the difference in playstyle still holds, although you were actually town previously, so maybe it’s not a great read anymore. That said, most people don’t play more erratically and seemingly carelessly as scum for logical reasons, so I don’t know that it’s a scum tell either.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
of course, there's a chance the mafia team was just fairly inactive and rag just decide to commit sepukku without their consent, but it feels fairly weird

@Rubik have you ever seen Rag self vote herself like that as mafia?
Yes.

I'm pretty sure she has asked her team to vote for her as scum before, often in situations where I call her out on her scum meta.

why are you being so stinky this game
:(

You seemed to have fairly strong feelings on them earlier this phase, what happened?

Idk, just don't feel fully engaged.

I don't remember having strong feelings, but you could be right.

Just checked: 2 games actually, but I died early in one and was inactive in both. Also you were town in both, and I just realized I may have been confusing you with someone else in my initial post.

haha whoops

In any case, it looks like what I noted about the difference in playstyle still holds, although you were actually town previously, so maybe it’s not a great read anymore. That said, most people don’t play more erratically and seemingly carelessly as scum for logical reasons, so I don’t know that it’s a scum tell either.
I don't feel like I am playing particularly erratically. Carelessly perhaps.

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
keiko-yukimura-shizuru-kuwabara.gif

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Given this, what are your thoughts on Neon?
Conflicted. I definitely don't give Neon town pants for doing a third vote policy vote on Rag in response to the self vote, but I also don't think most people as scum would be willing to bus Rag in that situation unless they always policy vote in that situation. Ultimately, I view it as mostly a wash.

I like Neon so I don't plan to vote Neon today. I don't know who I want to vote for because yesterday was very low information for me and I feel like it's wrong for me to make an RVS kind of vote given that there's actual substance here now.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I dunno if I find Kirino particularly suspicious. He's very good at making his play as scum and town look alike so it's hard to tell. But kinda feel like he just feels a bit more townie here? Maybe it's because he actually went back and checked games he was in with Seanzie. And for some reason I feel like scum Kirino possibly just doesn't take the time to do that? But this could just be wrong, because I don't recall if he's done it before as scum or not.

Which would kinda just leave me at Seanzie and a'lana for today. Seanzie has been fairly weird this game compared to others. Maybe he's trying a new scum strategy, idk. I don't have much suspicion on a'lana, except for the good point Neon had about her earlier.

Hmm, I just thought of something actually. I know Alit has used absorptive godfather before. Maybe that's why Rag was willing to easily sacrifice herself, because the godfather would just get her role anyways. Dunno if this speculation helps much, but maybe it'll come in handy later on.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Hmm, I just thought of something actually. I know Alit has used absorptive godfather before. Maybe that's why Rag was willing to easily sacrifice herself, because the godfather would just get her role anyways. Dunno if this speculation helps much, but maybe it'll come in handy later on.
I considered something like that, but if that was the case then killing the Tracker doesn't make sense.
It would be better to have it around so it could misclear a mafia bud.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I considered something like that, but if that was the case then killing the Tracker doesn't make sense.
It would be better to have it around so it could misclear a mafia bud.

Unless it was possibly a play to see if there is a doctor in the game? In a mostly vanillaish setup it's probably better to still go after the known power role than risk hitting a vanilla. And I guess it could also throw off the idea of an absorptive godfather. So that if a Mafia roleblocker flipped then godfather could claim town roleblocker or something. But that's a kinda out there theory. Lol.

Kirino

Tatakae
I’m willing to bet that Rubik is town. I don’t doubt that he would’ve bussed Rag, but I could see his suspicion of her being a legitimate combo of OMGUS + suspecting her for being inactive, not to mention that it seems a bit obvious and over-the-top as a bus attempt.

If he is scum, then Minish’s scenario I quoted above seems the most likely: Rag suggested he bus, he agreed, and then Rag unilaterally self-voted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom