• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

YouTube icon below usernames

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
In ZD, the icon that appears below username doesn't redirect to their respective YouTube channels when you click them.

Storm_Echo

Gamer of Videos
In ZD, the icon that appears below username doesn't redirect to their respective YouTube channels when you click them.

Interesting... I wonder if it's not actually supposed to be a link? I noticed if you hover over mine (for example) it shows my channel username, but if you right click there isn't actually a link of any kind there.

It'd certainly be a cool feature to have it redirect! Along with the discord / twitter / etc ones

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This is an external add-on that is not included as standard in the forum software. I did go and edit the template to make it link but then I realized why it was not implemented in the first place.

YouTube channel URLs do not always correspond to the channel name because you need a certain number of subscribers and other parameters to be met to be able to set a custom url. So using a template youtube.com/[channel name] won't actually work for most people's channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom