• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Your Zelda Story

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
We got an N64 when I was 2 or 3, and with it came OoT, which was my first video game ever. I was horrible at it, though, being so young. I remember watching my mom play it all the time. She eventually got the Water Temple, and got stuck there for around 10 years (for forgetting one key XD). My sister and I often tried to play her file and get through the infamous Water Temple, but to no avail. Eventually, when I was around 5, I started my own file of the game. I didn't do much though. I got to Inside Jabu-Jabu's Belly, then started messing around in my mom's file again. I gave up on the Water Temple, and just started messing around with minigames and such.

Then, Christmas 2001, we got a copy of Majora's Mask for Christmas. I was the first to play it, and I sucked. We all hated the game because of the time limit. Nonetheless, I played the game fairly often, but mostly just did the first 3 days over and over again. I sucked at that game. The most progress I ever made was finding the Deku Palace, and that took 2 months.

Christmas 2004 was the real turning point in my Zelda experience. We got a Gamecube in 2003, and with it came only one game (can't remember which game). In 2004, we got The Wind Waker for Christmas. This was the first Zelda game that I can say I really got into, and it was the one that really made me become a fan of the series. I played the hell out of this game, and it became the first Zelda game that I ever beat by myself. I was proud of that, and the game holds a special place in my heart because of that.

I later got Twilight Princess for the Gamecube, as well as Phantom Hourglass for the DS. I beat both of them, then started playing other games. Eventually, I picked up VC copies of OOT and MM and finally beat those ones to. I have since had the chance to play (but not beat) every main series Zelda game!

I remember seeing the cover of Skyward Sword and thinking it looked really good, and my friend let me borrow it and I fell in love with the game.

キラ

Yo!
I was born in 1994, which is awesome because OoT came out in 1998. I couldn't have been born at a better time. My brothers were the guys who introduced me to Zelda and I used to watch them play all the time. It looked so amazing and I just had to try it. So, one of the first games I ever played was Ocarina of Time, although I didn't get very far cause I wasn't too good at games yet because I was only 4. ! But, eventually, I was, and became infatuated with the game, even before I knew so many other people loved it too. So, then, my brother and I, would buy every single other Zelda game that we could. I wanted to play every other Zelda game that I could because OoT was so magical and I wanted to experience more of that magic. I played LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA, MM, OoS, OoA, FS, FSA, TMC, WW, TP - yeah, I've been in love for a long time.

Unfortuneately, I haven't beaten many at all because they would always get stolen. If you ever read my biography, you'd know what I'm talking about.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
OK! So, my very first meory, LITERALLY my very first memory was the day my dad brought home our N64. The games he brought were Mario Party, and Ocarina of Time. I loved the former, always will, but whenever I tried to play OoT, I'd get the sword and shield, get past Mido... And promptly be scared ****less by the enemy music that popped up with the first withered Deku Babas. Pathetic? Definitely. Even when I did get past them, I still couldn't get the guts to do anything in the Great Deku Tree.

So I settled for watching my dad play, giving advice when I saw fit. I watched him play OoT, then Wind Waker, then Twilight Princess, I even got him to do an all-mask run of Majora's Mask just for me. It was when I got Phantom Hourglass that this system rn into trouble. I actually did attempt to play it on my own, even the dungeons (which before then I had vehemently refused to even try because they were 'too scary'). But when I got to the Ghost ship... I realized how annoying it was to look over my dad's shoulder to watch him battle the Diabolical Cubus Sisters. So, I took the battle into my own hands. Conquered my fears. Ever since then I have played all those games my dad showed me, even completing most of them all on my own. I've even played games he hasn't, and beating them gave me so much more satisfaction than I could dream of on the others. I've gotten every new game since PH as soon as I could get it, launch date-ing the last two and planning to keep the trend. Point is I love Zelda games. Always have, always will.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Can't say I have a special story or anything. All the kids in the neighbourhood who had consoles used to borrow games from one another, and one of them lent me Occarina of Time, and I absolutely fell in love with it. I bought a copy for myself, and then when I discovered Majora's Mask existed, I bought it because of how much I loved Occarina of Time. Then as time passed, I got into other Zelda games, and eventually I stumbled my way here.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
my brother had a gamecube w/ wind waker & mario sunshine,he let me play it a lot since he started to get completely consumed by his ps2

and.....yeah,got into the games and became a follower,eventually buying fsa [which i didn't really like,though i want to give it a 2nd chance now],twilight princess at like 5th grade and so on so forth

I remember getting my first console, the N64, for Christmas when I was 12. I got Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. I immediately popped in Mario, and it was only after playing the first few worlds that I decided to try the weird game with the sword and shield on the cover. It was a ton of fun, until I got to Jabu-Jabu. I couldn't for the life of me find the boomerang (this being only the second game I'd ever played) and ended up running in circles till I got killed by those damn jellyfish over and over again. I wasn't aware of walkthroughs at the time, so when a friend offered to beat it for me, I gladly lent him the cartridge. He never gave it back, and his family moved not long after, so that was that.

It wasn't until I got Majora's Mask that I really fell in love with Zelda. I was much better at video games and had discovered walkthroughs by then (back when they were just a single long text file you had to scroll through--remember those?), so when I did get stuck in Great Bay Temple I at least didn't have to risk losing my copy again. But it was really the three-day mechanic that got me hooked. I spent hours just following people around Clock Town, seeing who went where when, learning everyone's schedules. I knew when Anju fixed lunch for her grandmother, and when to find her crying in the rain by the laundry pool. I knew when the postman made his rounds, and when the Goron whose reservation you could steal was due to arrive. I have never before or since felt as much a part of a video game world.

A few years later I got my hands on a used OoT cartridge, and finally got to beat that game. But I never got a GameCube, or a Wii, or even a GBA, so for a long time, that was it. It wasn't until I found a copy of Link's Awakening DX at a friend's house that I dusted off my GameBoy Color and got back into Zelda. That's what inspired me to get a 3DS, and later, a Wii U, in order to get all the Zelda Games. I'm up to 12 now, with the DS games next on my list, and fingers crossed they'll release the GBA titles somewhere down the line.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
The early details of my story are a little fuzzy. But:

When I was younger my brother and I had gameboys and gameboy advances. The first Zelda game I ever played was I believe either Oracle of Seasons (which is my 2nd least favorite) or ALttP (tied for my 3rd favorite) which I somehow beat as a child with my handy dandy official game guide.
Over the years I played some more Zelda games such as Wind Waker multiple times, Minish Cap, Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass and of course loved them. But it wasn't until my sophomore year of high school that I became a fanatic.

I was playing Smash Bros Brawl one day when I realized: wait. Brawl Link is based off of TP Link's design, and N64 Smash Bros Link is based off of OoT Link's design. So what are the Melee Links based off of? I went online to look up if there were any Zelda games released before Melee with that design that I hadn't heard of. from there I looked up the list of chronological order of release dates of all Zelda games, and from there I stumbled upon the chronology of the Zelda games. Which inevitably lead to tons on tons of good old timeline theories.
From there, to better understand the timelines, I decided to do research on Zelda. HOURS of research on Zelda. When I came upon the discussion of a timeline split after Ocarina of Time, I thought "hey, I haven't even played OoT yet, I better see what all the fuss is about".

And I played it.

And I was hooked.
From then on I vowed to complete every single main series Zelda title. And as of a month or two ago, I have. Zelda is the best. <3

Majoras-Light

Gatekeeper
I was 6 I believe, and I was playing Kirby Airiders on my cousin's gamecube when my other cousin walked in, holding a game case. He told me that it was a game called "Ocarina of Time" and handed it to me. I, of course being a 6 year old girl, turned it down. I kept complaining that it was a boys game, but he somehow got me to play it. /i immediately fell in love with the game, and it's my favorite Zelda game to date. My first time playing, since I was so inexperienced with games at the time, took me 3 years (on and off) to beat. I recently replayed the game, this time taking me a week. I have been a HUGE fan of Zelda ever since, and I'm so happy that I played it!

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Our friends sometimes brought games over to their piano lessons my mom taught them at our house. My family wasn't really all that big on video games, my dad just liked Mario and Sonic games and played them every once in a while on our Gamecube. (We also had an old NES he played Super Mario Bros. 3 on, but it stopped working like, forever ago and I don't even know where we got it) One day, these dear friends of ours brought over this game called "The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker". I was so young at the time I don't even remember exactly what happened, but we INSTANTLY attached to the series. Well, my older sister was at least. I was too young to even use the controller properly. They also brought over Ocarina of Time Master Quest which my sister also played, and I think we borrowed it too... And she got stuck in the Fire Temple.

A long time later (which I estimate to be about two years), the oldest child of that family told my mom about a new game coming out in the series called Twilight Princess, and she bought it for us. I still hadn't really touched a single Zelda game, thinking they were better to watch. Actually, the only thing I could really play was in the Chao Garden of Sonic Adventure 2 Battle since I didn't have the "skills" to play an actual game. I had tried playing them before, but I was little; I was too scared to do the Forsaken Fortress in Wind Waker, too scared to play Ocarina of Time, and Twilight Princess looked way too realistic. I just liked watching them and that's it.

I discovered Minish Cap a long time later again. I was probably about eight at the time, and got it for what I think was my ninth birthday. I don't remember whether I got it the same year I got a Gameboy Advance, but that's kind of irrelevant/I seriously don't remember. All I remember is that I got the game and I was hooked. It was so different from anything I'd played before, but it was simple and easy to play. That my friends was the video game that made me realize I COULD play video games. I could beat a video game if I tried. I couldn't get past those three stupid Darknuts at the end of Dark Hyrule Castle, but I did it eventually and I was like "Holy crud, that was the first video game I ever beat!" By the way, when I was about halfway through that game, my inner fangirlism came out. Yes, it came out when I became a fangirl of Vaati. When I was nine. Woot.

I got really interested in Majora's Mask too later. I had no idea it was such a dark game, I just remember getting it when I was about ten or eleven. I just thought; "You have a time limit of three days because there's a moon going to crush the world by an evil little thing! Oh noez!" I didn't actually think of that being DARK... But whatever. I beat Majora's Mask after being stuck in like, every single temple for a month. And I collected all the masks. Fun times. Later I finally got around to beating Wind Waker after watching it being played many times and it became one of my favorite video games. My sister got Ocarina of Time on the virtual console and beat it, but I never did at that point. It was actually the Shadow Temple I couldn't get past... strangely enough. After that I couldn't get past the Water Temple. It really made no sense.

I made it a goal later that I would get all the Zelda games. The only ones I don't have are Link's Awakening and A Link Between Worlds thanks to how expensive it is.

Several fun facts:
-I didn't beat Ocarina of Time until last year
-I still haven't beaten Twilight Princess
-I've only beaten Majora's Mask once
-I haven't beaten Skyward Sword and just said "screw it" when I had seen it be beaten twice and realized I don't like the gameplay
-I don't like A Link to the Past (don't kill me please, I didn't have it in my childhood!)
-I own cartridges for both Oracle games
-Adventure of Link makes me want to throw the controller at the screen, much like a lot of other people
-Vaati still holds a special place in my heart

I think that's just about it…

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
For the longest time my mother wouldn't allow a game console in the house because she thought they were stupid. Finally she cracked and got us one when I was in seventh grade. We borrowed OoT off of my friend and it pretty much took over our lives. My younger sister and older brother were kind of jerks because they wouldn't let me play it at first because they thought I would suck at it or something? Can't remember the reason why, but they had gotten stuck with Queen Ghoma and I took the controller from them and beat her in ten seconds. Then they kind of stared for a minute and were like "uhhhh, okay. You can have the last save slot". It's funny because my siblings and I would fight over everything but with OoT we would be content watching each other play, we didn't have to be playing it to enjoy it. I bought all the Zelda games I could and the only reason I'll buy a new console is if a new Zelda game is in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom