• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Zelda Headcanons

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
"The timeline can be interpreted in a number of ways, and may change depending on new discoveries that have come to light and on the players' imagination." -Official Canon Timeline

That doesn’t mean you just disregard actual canon. A Headcanon is something that is actually possible within the canon that you like to think is true, whereas a theory is something that actually has evidence supporting it. Gully being the child form of a character that died a century ago isnt a headcanon, it’s just simply incorrect.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
That doesn’t mean you just disregard actual canon. A Headcanon is something that is actually possible within the canon that you like to think is true, whereas a theory is something that actually has evidence supporting it. Gully being the child form of a character that died a century ago isnt a headcanon, it’s just simply incorrect.
Just thought I should highlight this excerpt here :whistle:
My idea is like a headcanon within a headcanon- it's only canon to that. I, personally, think it's true that the timeline is in a different order. Not fanfic, just something that makes the most sense to me. You guys can disagree with it, it's not a fact or anywhere near a fact. Just something I believe within a timeline I believe.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Just thought I should highlight this excerpt here :whistle:
My idea is like a headcanon within a headcanon- it's only canon to that. I, personally, think it's true that the timeline is in a different order. Not fanfic, just something that makes the most sense to me. You guys can disagree with it, it's not a fact or anywhere near a fact. Just something I believe within a timeline I believe.
but... the games themselves disagree with you

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
but... the games themselves disagree with you
Both games begin with ganon sealed in the sacred realm and with the triforce separated between Zelda, Link, and Ganon. They both end with ganon sealed again and the triforce in the sacred realm. Theoretically, they could take place in any order.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Both games begin with ganon sealed in the sacred realm and with the triforce separated between Zelda, Link, and Ganon. They both end with ganon sealed again and the triforce in the sacred realm. Theoretically, they could take place in any order.
Ganon wasn't sealed in the beginning of LBW, he was resurrected b/c he was destroyed after LTTP and the oracle games, and like I mentioned, there's murals that depict the events of LTTP

Last edited:

Uwu_Oocoo2

ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm not going to explain my entire headcanon timeline and all of the reasons behind my placements, and I don't feel like arguing this point any further. The bottom line is that it's my it makes sense to me, and I have reasons why I think that. You can disagree if you like, I'm not trying to vett a theory here.

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
i'm gonna ignore this argument and post my headcannon

so in my story all the twili are wolves, but when zant curses midna she still turns into the imp thing. and when she sees link go into the twilight and turn into a wolf, she thinks he must be a twili too so she decides to use him, same things happen as in the game but when midna's true form is revealed she's a wolf. and after all of this link decides to stay with her in the twilight realm and they become the two alpha wolves together and have their own pack and everyth

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I'm not going to explain my entire headcanon timeline and all of the reasons behind my placements, and I don't feel like arguing this point any further. The bottom line is that it's my it makes sense to me, and I have reasons why I think that. You can disagree if you like, I'm not trying to vett a theory here.
I'm not going against your head canon here, I'm stating in game that LBW was intended to take place after LTTP and the rest, it's not an ambiguous placement like the capcom games

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
That Link from the Skyward Sword Manga is Canon and the true first incarnation of Link.

Fierce Deity Link is actually Link taking on the role as the God of Time. Since Hylia sacrificed her Divinity to live as a mortal and her bloodline carries her powers, her throne as the Goddess of Time was vacant. So since Link's soul was given eternal life through reincarnation, his soul is now bound to time itself. So when Link dons the Fierce Deity Mask, he assumes his full potential power-scale as it is him taking his full Divine form. This would also explain as to why when OoT Link abandoned the Adulthood Timeline, his soul was still able to reincarnate into the Hero of Winds from The Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass; since his soul itself is bound to time itself and he is for all intents and purposes the God of Time.

Hyrule Warriors is Canon, but it takes place far down the timelines, so far down that it is in the Reunified Timeline and possibly 1,000 years before the events of Breath of the Wild's 10,000 Prologue period.

Also, considering how powerful Link gets in each game (20 Hearts), then suddenly finds himself in his next adventure with just 3 Hearts; i think it shows just how MUCH HIGHER the stakes are. OoT Link essentially has 40 Hearts after being blessed by one of the Great Fairies. But in Majora's Mask he suddenly has 3 Hearts again. Which means that when he gets to the end with 20 Hearts and that Newer blessing to bring him up to 40 Hearts worth of strength again with that damage resistance, that would technically make him have ... 532 OoT hearts by the end of Majora's Mask.
Which means that given that ALttP Link, who has 4 adventures under his belt, is likely the MOST POWERFUL LINK TO EXIST EVER

And to add in an edit -
The Royal Family is kinda dumb. Every time the Spirit of the Hero is born, his parents are compelled to name him Link. So this means that every year the Royal Family SHOULD do a census and learn WHO is named Link and THEN force them to train as a knight so that they can guarantee that the Spirit of the Hero is prepped and ready as possible for the coming crisis.
This could be useful as an amazing plot point, as there could be multiple characters in a Zelda game named Link, performing heroic deeds and only YOU the player are the correct Link. So this could spark some rivalries and possibly make the game's antagonist BE one of the Links who feels hatred and scorn for being told he was destined for greatness only for the twink Link to be the one declared the chosen hero by the gods!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom