• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your YouTube Favorites

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
Pokémon, What Happened To You?

I just stumbled upon this video, and thought it was worth sharing. It's a depressing realization for us first-genners. We grow older, but Pokémon stays the same age...

Last edited by a moderator:

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
Seen it before. But, Yeah, that really hit my nostalgiaX1000 I really miss the old Pokemon, Hell, I was really happy with FR and LG and I'm really really happy that they reamade H/G/C and the show I bougth all the first season. xD

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
Wow, so many Pokemon threads in general gaming. Yes, Pokemon has grown very different over the years. I miss the days of Red/Blue/Yellow/Gold/Silver/Crystal. When Ruby and Sapphire came out, we were stripped of a second region, a real-time clock, and many of the Johto and Kanto Pokemon. Even worse was the fact that you couldn't transfer Pokemon from you gameboy games because R/S/E were incompatible with them. The designs of Pokemon have also gotten worse. One of the gen. 3 Pokemon was Beautifly, which is just another Butterfree along with the gen. 4 Mothim being just another Dustox. I always thought team rocket were the best group of villains. In R/B/Y, they actually killed Pokemon and took over the Silph Co. building in Saffron City. In G/S/C, Giovanni disappeared and they regrouped, selling the tails of Slowpoke for money and sent out radio-waves from their hideout in Mahogany Town to somehow control Pokemon. They even took over the radio tower in Goldenrod. Now, we have Team Galactic and Team Magma/Aqua. Their plan is to "take over the world" using the power of legendary Pokemon, which when you think of it is far less realistic. But at least they made Heartgold and Soulsilver to relive classic Pokemon titles.

The original 151 were always the best. They were just... so original. I feel the Pokemon designs are lacking originality. Nico Bellic had some great points with Beautifly and Mothim, but what about some others? Starly and its evolutions are flat-out boring. Leafeon and Glaceon... seroiusly, did we need more Eevee evolutions. Next thing we know, we'll have a Steeleon and other Eevee evolutions until we have one for every type. I enjoy Pokemon still, but these new Pokemon need better designs. The only ones that have been given great design in these newer versions are the legendaries...

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
That's awesome. While I still like Pokémon, I agree (Well, I personally think the 2nd gen was better than the 1st). The games are all big and fancy now, and half the things I don't really understand. lol
I remember the excitment of getting to Lavender, Cinnabar, and getting the Old Amber. The games don't really have that same feeling with me anymore, although perhaps that's just 'cause I'm older now. :P

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I really don't know what you're talking about. I'm 22, and Pokemon seems just as interesting to me now as it always was. You still fight trainers, collect Pokemon by trading with other games to fill up your Pokedex, level up, learn moves, advance through the game, earn badges, stop a group of criminals, etc. The graphics are improving, and they're adding interesting new mini-games and sidequests based on the capabilities of the DS.

What more could you want? :huh:

Wow. That was a nice bit of nostalgia. Really great video!

I'm more of a "2nd-genner" than a "1st-genner", my first real Pokemon games were Gold/Silver (even if I never actually finished it...:(), and I'm contemplating getting the remake. But yeah, Pokemon doesn't have the same feel that it used to have. Even though that's probably the nostalgia talking.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
That is a truely awesome music video.
And yeah, I miss the days of Red, Blue and Yellow.
I can barely accept Gold, Silver and Crystal because all the others after them are just way too far ahead in my eyes.
Aside from Super Smash Bros. Pokemon died many years ago in my eyes.

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
I still have yet to get Heart Gold, but I want it badly. I'm just glad that they FINALLY made Gold & Silver again. I loved both reigons, and now due to them we can see Kanto in 3D, which sounds really epic since its first appearence was 8-bit and no color. It breaks my heart on how it expended over the years. Kanto and Johto were the best, but Hoenn just started to ruin it.

Wow, nostalgia city here. I might even go buy this on iTunes once I get a gift card. The first and second generations were the best. And unlike the guy in the video I appreciated the 2nd generation, and even into the third somewhat, but only because it was totally different. I for one couldn't stand Diamond and Pearl. I got Leafgreen and really liked it, and I cannot wait to get Soul Silver soon.

Sadly I fear that all the original nostalgia is gone, and that feeling of great exploration and adventure will never come back to Pokemon :(.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Ah, nostalgia... good ol R/B/Y and G/S/C... those were the best. Hearing that song makes me overload with nostalgia. The days of desperately trying to beat Brock and Misty with my Charmander/Charmeleon... getting so excited when I actually got to have a Pikachu as my starter in Yellow... actually getting Yellow... dang those were the days.

However, I don't agree with one thing: Pokemon became bad the second Gen III was released. I'll admit, anime wise, Gen III pretty much ruined Pokemon. But in the games department, it only got better. It enhanced the gameplay and ultimately made it better. I will admit Gen III was the weakest generation of Pokemon, but it by no means ruined the games. In fact, it only made them better. So what if we have almost five hundred Pokemon now (and probably soon to be somewhere around six hundred). Just about each one is great and interesting.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
That was a great video. I enjoy playing the newer games, but the first generation was just classic. I trained so hard the first time I played, but with the new games, I just do the bare minimum basically. But it's still fun!

enemytracker

無情な
Inside my personal pot, killing some bugs.
My favorite are these ones (All of them are musics/songs) :

Legend of cool: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U77q2cJGOmg

Mario & Luigi RPG3 last boss music remix: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vms37EK1jkQ&feature=related

Knife edge- Nose gunner last boss soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISzsA1CmcYw&feature=related

Super Paper Mario bros. The Thousand Years Door last boss music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrQpM8beYCo&feature=related

Super Paper Mario bros. (Wii) Last boss music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkqDzPDS8Qg&feature=related

Thats all. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom