• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Worst Puzzles

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Are there types of puzzles in games that are your worst enemy? Types of puzzles that are always really hard for you?

For me, traffic jam puzzles are the worst, like the picture in Link's Cabana in WW. I am notoriously bad at them. Sky Keep is also really hard for me because its map is a traffic jam. Astral Chain had a traffic jam blue case series that I struggled with for over an hour. I am absolutely horrible at solving them.

How about you? What types of puzzles in games always end up stumping you?

Pushing blocks to weigh down switches.

Most of the time this isnt that bad, but when the weight is fragile or easily moved by another element or is timed then I hate them. Twilight Princess was horrible for the ice block puzzles in Snowpeak Ruins, as an example.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Wow, I thought I was the only one who was really bad at sliding puzzles (the kind in the cabana that AZ was talking about) though I would classify those differently then the traffic jam kind based purely on the fact that in those only one piece has to be in a specific place, whereas with sliding puzzles everything has to be perfect.

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Pushing blocks to weigh down switches.

Most of the time this isnt that bad, but when the weight is fragile or easily moved by another element or is timed then I hate them. Twilight Princess was horrible for the ice block puzzles in Snowpeak Ruins, as an example.
The kind that is in Skykeep. That whole place was a chore.
+the puzzle in isle of songs

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
The ones prevalant in OOA with the block pushing puzzle and having to match it properly.

Goddamn Skykeep on the whole.
The wierd ass puzzle to enter Stone Tower, so damned annoying to have to play the song so many times.

I love puzzles, but I think the worst for me and I would never like to do it again is the puzzle in SS at Thunderhead. I swear I rage quit too many times to count! It's the one time I ever looked up a guide for help, but the game was fresh and there was no guide yet.

Also in Beyond the Beyond and Dragon Age 2 there were picture puzzles that change when you step on them. Those I loathe so much too!

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I love puzzles, but I think the worst for me and I would never like to do it again is the puzzle in SS at Thunderhead. I swear I rage quit too many times to count! It's the one time I ever looked up a guide for help, but the game was fresh and there was no guide yet.

Also in Beyond the Beyond and Dragon Age 2 there were picture puzzles that change when you step on them. Those I loathe so much too!
I solved that puzzle on me own , but it took more than 20 minutes though.

The trick is, u ve to use first person view to check the position of bridge after every move. I did that from the beginning
I think I winged it and got lucky. I had just bought the game and played it from the 20th of November to December 20th. It was a literal month I spent playing and beating it, and spent many late nights obsessed with finding out how it would end. That puzzle plus 3 AM was a bad combo lol I'll remember what you said if I try it again someday though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom