• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Video Game Team of 5

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Sup peeps, Random Person here.

I thought I saw a thread similar to this, but as per usual I couldn't find it so... you know...

I was asked by a friend of mine. "If you could have a video-game team of five people, who would they be?" I just thought I'd ask you guys the same question.

If you could choose five video game characters to be on a team, be it for fighting, adventuring or whatever... who would you choose?

My Team

1. Link (from Twilight Princess) - This was a tough pic between him and the Hero of Time, however I wound up choosing this Link as while OoT Link may have a wider variety of magical items, TP Link is a bit more skilled with a sword and shield. What sets him apart from the other Links is his ability to maneuver around defenses and be creative in offense. IMO, he's the best overall Link when it comes to fighting. And if we count his wolf powers (which I'm not because that would require Midna) that makes him even more useful. Not to mention, TP Link just looks better. All Links are master swordsmen and master strategist. He can find the weakness of any opponent, even if there's only one possible way to win. (Thanks DeathBattle!) Link's street smarts in puzzle solving and his training in fighting will allow the team to figure out the solution to any obstacle.

2. Jak (From the Jak and Daxter Series) - Specifically from Jak 3, this would be the powerhouse of my team. Able to channel both dark and light eco, Jak will conquer both destructive and sticky situations. Those powers that OoT Link had that I gave up on, Jak would make up for them and more. (And the blond hair as well) His dark powers gives him overwhelming offense, while his light powers make an effective defense. I would mention his other eco powers, but I don't know if he still has them, but who cares because his 12 guns and jetboard completely make up for those. Jak may also be a genius in certain areas as he is ridiculously good at operating vehicles and weaponry of which he's never seen before. And like Link, he's pretty decent at solving puzzles.

3. Clank (From Ratchet and Clank Series) - Jak and Link are both remarkable solo, but they're pretty much unstoppable when they have a sidekick. Rather than getting Daxter who can reach small places, or Fi who nows everything, I found someone who could do both. With Clank's robotic knowledge of situations, his maneuverability and transforming powers, we've got both a computer database and a every man's tool right there. He'll play the part of sidekick, but his additions will make all the difference.

4. Fix-It Felix Jr (From Fix-It Felix Jr) (Possible SPOILERS for the movie Wreck-It Wralph) - YES IT IS A GAME THAT ACTUALLY EXISTS! IT COUNTS! I refuse to put anime characters on here because they're from anime, yet I'll choose Felix. Probably because the movie was built around his gaming concept rather than the other way around (Even though Fix-It Felix Jr wasn't a real game until the movie came out). Felix can fix anything with his magic hammer, including injuries. He would be with Clank as support. This way, I have both a mechanic and a healer all in once Person. His name says it all, when I need something fixed, he's the guy I'd go to.

5. Shadow the Hedgehog (From the Sonic Series) - Mainly because I needed a last person, I chose Shadow who is a very balanced character. Supposedly, he's just as fast as Sonic so that'll help. Shadow is also a balance of power. His chaos control allows him to manipulate time, teleport and perform other combat techniques and powers. Like Jak, he is also decent with vehicles and weaponry. The only thing I'm unsure about is his stability. When calm, he's a great tactician and a great leader as well. With the correct mindset, I'd make him the leader of the team. But there are times where he makes hasty decisions that I don't agree with. So while I choose him as my team's leader, that may be a mistake. (If I change anybody, it'll probably be him)

Quite frankly, I feel this team is rather unstoppable. PROVE ME WRONG!

Last edited:
Well, I'm not going to go into nearly as in-depth descriptions, but here I go:

1) Fierce Deity Link from MM: Arguably much stronger than any other Link, due to the mask.
2) Pit from Kid Icarus: Uprising: Very skilled with a bow and arrow, as well as other weapons more suited to melee. Also, he can fly.
3) Arceus from Pokemon: Because having God on my team is pretty darn useful.
4) War from Darksiders: He has huge amounts of power, and on top of that, a GIGANTIC FREAKIN' SWORD. I can't make an argument for or against Death, since I haven't gotten around to Darksiders II yet.
5) The dude from Bioshock. Haven't gotten around to playing the game yet, but judging from the huge drill and suit of armor, he's a tough cookie.
Get out of there, I haven't played you. You don't deserve to be on the list. Instead...
5) Spyro from... er, Spyro: Flight, however minor, is appreciated. Horns and high speed make for an effective battering ram. Finally, elemental breaths can exploit multiple weaknesses.

Yeaaaah I just realized I don't have much variety in my games. Well, I suppose I do, but they're not that useful for fighting on an elite team. I mean, what's Quote supposed to do? Sit there and fire his Spur a few times before he's taken out?

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Wow neat thread :)

In no particular order...

1. Liberty Prime (Fallout 3) -
h9wLb.jpg
Yeah this guy is pretty cool and he basically is as tall as skyscrapers and that ginat laser is not only powerful but its also long range meaning he would be able to spot enemies from a distance and take them out. Only downside is that he isn't exactly stealthy.

2. Link from TP - Yeah I had to have Link in here somewhere and TP's version is easily the best! Not only is it the best designed but Link from TP seems to be more mature and act's as a true hero showing true courage. Plus he has a range of weapons/items at his disposal with the likes of the double clawshot, hero's bow, gale boomerang, ball and chain, spinner Etc.

3. Spyro - I love this little guy and even though this choice is mainly down to my childhood memories I think Spyro would be very useful in my group. He would be able to spot from rooftops and take down enemies in unreachable position's, plus he is also very fast and can breathe fire which will come in handy in certain situations

4. Corvo - From one of the more recent game releases "Dishonored". If you have played this game you will understand why I have picked him but for those who haven't....Corvo is basically a more adaptable and more powerful Assassin than Ezio, he not only has very good stealth tactics but he has a good arsenal of weapons as well as magical powers. Powers like quick teleportation, summoning rats to feed on your enemies and even possessing enemies, not only will Corvo be the perfect stealth member of my group but he will be the Assassin.

5. Carl Johnson - Had to throw this guy in...From my favorite game of all time GTA San Andreas, CJ is the main character and one of the most humorous, courages and epic character's in gaming history in my opinion. Yeah he may have that Gangster persona but I think this will add to my group, CJ will be cracking jokes and throwing out ghetto phrases every now and then which fits the stereotypical black character within a group of odd balls. Plus with his gun skills as well as seemingly immortal health bar and a range of cheats such as the 100ft jump cheat and the jetpack cheat, CJ will be leader of this odd group!

I think my team is pretty badass :P

Last edited:

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Oooooh, what an interesting question... I'm limited in my gaming, so I'll prolly miss something, but here I go.

Ditto from Pokemon. It can be any and all Pokemon in existance, giving the team a wide array of elemental powers. And legendaries. Think of the legendaries!

Link from Wind Waker. He has epic sword skills, a lot of extremely useful items (coughunlikeTPLinkcough), and is so adorable he'd throw any bad guy off. And Elixer Soup. Nuff said.

Miles "Tails" Prower form Sonic. Surprise, Surprise. But he can fly almost as fast as Sonic can run, carry someone while doing so, and he's a freakin' technical genius! He could make the team some epic stuff.

Luigi from Mario. He's like Mario, but better. He jumps higher, runs faster and, according to a Mario expert I know, he has lightning powers! And the ending to Super Paper Mario, anyone? No spoilers...

My last choice is Amaterasu from Okami. She's a freakin' Japanese goddess! Why would I not pick her? She has the powers of all the Japanese zodiac, in the form of painting, and if I'm lucky, she might come with Issun.

There's my list. I'll probably think of a ton of better characters later tonight, but this is what I've got.

Din Akera

Sniper
Wow, fantastic question. This is something that I think might change over time for me; each day I might pick 5 different characters. But lets go for today.

The best fighting team ever...

1) Link (from Twilight Princess) -> Highly skilled with a sword, quick on his feet, knowledgable/smarts
2) Death (from Darksiders 2) -> Agility and brute strength
3) Ezio Auditore (from Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, Revelations) -> Stealth
4) War (from Darksiders) -> Tank/defence
5) Sonic (from the Sonic the Hedgehog series) -> Speed

I think the perfect or ultimate team needs to have diversity and have someone who can complete any obstacle or defeat any type of enemy that comes up. I think smarts, stealth, speed, defence, strength, and skill all need to be covered. So today those would be my picks.

(lol, can you tell I've been playing Darksiders XD)

Hmmm...

1. Samus Aran- She can do almost everything; run at high speeds, defy gravity, instantly kill anything she jumps at and she has an arm cannon perpetually fixed to her which is... useful.

2. Devil Jin- Super strong, Super cool looking guy that you wouldn't want to argue with, he also has a whole army behind him with the Mishimi Zaibatsu.

3. Fierce Deity- don't mess with him, just... don't.

4. Gungrave- (The games came first so nya). Who wouldn't want a zombie cowboy with tow of the most kick-*** handguns ever made who also has a coffin-come-cannon of which he has enough strength to left and crash into your face if ever he is out of ammo.

5. Dark Prince- Yeah the Prince of Persia's alter ego, he might have a very hindering weakness with water but he looks awesome, has a cool weapon and is amazing agile, he is merciless and above all else is hilariously sarcastic and witty.

octorok74

TETTAC
Hmm, this is a hard question. But I think I have my team. With my luck, they would lose right away though.

1) Liberty prime: Nothing really beats him and who doesn't love a giant robot that talks crap about communism the whole time. Go America!
2) Master Chief: He is extremely lucky, which is what my team would need the most. And he is fairly intelligent, though going in a fight guns blazing isn't always a bad idea.
3) Samus Aran: Got to have a girl on my team and might as well make it an awesome bounty hunter. Skillful and deadly, my type of combo.
4) The Dragonborn: Because he can summon dragons and other cray things. Powerful and skilled with a variety of weapons and magic. And is a lizard. At least in my book.
5) A cucco: Because they don't die, plain and simple. And you never want to piss them off. It's my ace in the hole.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
1) Lucina (FE13)
2) Chrom (FE13)
3) Sarah [MU] (FE13)
4) Link (OoT/MM)
5) Ventus (KHBBS)

Lucina and Chrom would be my tanks/DPS people. They'd be spikers, actually, with Lucina and Chrom dealing the bulk of the damage thanks to Aether, Astra, Rally Spectrum (Lucina only), and Galeforce (Lucina only).

Sarah would serve as a jack of two trades; she'd be CQC but not necessarily a tank, and she'd also deal ranged damage but not necessarily DPS.

Link would be a healer/all-rounded character really...he'd hold potions (or fairies), miscellaneous items, and wouldn't be on the front lines all too much but isn't a backseater either.

Ventus would be a healer/trapper combo. With Curaga, Aeroga, Magnega, Mine Shield and of course the Speed Rave command style, he'd be able to heal efficiently as well as keep his teammates out of trouble by balling up enemies temporarily.

Essentially, this is how a battle would play out.

1 - Ven casts Aeroga and Magnega
2 - Lucina and Chrom run in for massive spike damage (read: have to hit ONE target to effectively spike)
3 - Sarah would pitch in for damage
4 - Link & Ven would heal as is necessary
>> repeat

BTW this is a fighting team. :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Kirby (Kirby franchise) - Yeah, at first sight his rival might point and laugh, but Kirby is extremely capable of warding away unfriendly attacks. This pink puffball can suck an opposer into himself and copy their ability, then use it for himself. Depending on the copied ability, he uses the power against his foes and can escape virtually unscathed. Furthermore, he's capable of limited flight (depends on the game), morphing into a heavy object, and thwacking foes with a wooden hammer.

Specialty: Defense

Spyro (Legend of Spyro version) - Despite Spyro being my avatar at this time, I honestly think he'd make for the greatest offensive asset to my team. In his LoS incarnation, he has the ability to wield several elemental breaths―fire, ice, lightning, and earth―against his opponents. Additionally he's extremely quick on his feet and is capable of flight. Both of these aspects make him a formidable foe on land and in the air.

Specialty: Offense

Dante (Devil May Cry) - What's the best course of action against an adversary who wields a sword? Another swordsmen. And Dante happens to be the perfect candidate for this team. He and his blade, Sparda, make a deadly fighting force by themselves, but in a group situation they come in handy with dispatching opposing close-quarter fighters. Not only this, but his dual pistols and cynical wit are enough to frustrate and fluster foes before the fight begins.

Specialty: Swordplay

Fox McCloud (Star Fox Assault, mainly) - Quite obviously, Fox McCloud would serve as leader and coordinator of my team. He's had many years of experience as a captain of intergalactic mercenaries, so I'd have to search very far and wide for a suitable replacement. And on my team, Fox still has full support from the Great Fox, which sends him Arwings and Landmasters as needed. Thanks to them he can patrol the skies and coordinate from above while the others are off battling. While on foot he has an entire arsenal at his disposal, ranging from a blaster to hand grenades, landmines, gatling guns, and other weaponry.

Specialty: Collaboration/Weapons Master

Raiden (Metal Gear Solid) - There's nothing quite like having a trained soldier to back your team up when the going gets rough. Actually more like a cyborg ninja than anything, Raiden carries a katana and array of knives which can be thrown from afar. He excels at stealth missions in spite of his almost-metal body, which is lightweight enough to escape earshot. Also able to repair himself by extracting certain materials from a fallen foe, and detect any abusher's location with his bionic optical lens.

Specialty: Stealth/Detection

Clank

Hmm
Link from TP - Powerful, agile, and well armored
Zelda from TP - has Links back on Epona
Epona from TP - #2 requires it and excellent transportation
Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank - The only one that can handle a RYNO effectively
Clank from R&C - basically what Random Person said, and if you have played R&C Deadlocked you would know he is necessary for Ratchet to jump effectively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom