• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Very First Computer

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
What kinda pc was it and do you remember the capacity of the hard drive and RAM? And what features did your pc have? What program was it running on?

I forgot what brand it was but the hard drive had a capacity of 35 GB and the RAM was like 512 MB....
I remember my brother paid a lot of money for a bigger hard drive and more RAM. Fortunately during these days there was already Windows XP so I was lucky :P I couldn't play dvd's but I could play cd's. It seems like a century ago ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It was a Windows 95 computer with like 20-30GB of hard drive space and around 256MB of RAM. I liked it because it had those cool games you could play like Minesweeper :)

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I would have been very young but I remember it being a big white box :P It was Windows 95 and that's all that I can remember...... It's almost been 20 years O.0

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
I don't remember exactly, but I got my dad's old computer when he bought a new one. I can't say which brand it was, but it had Windows 95 and ca 800Mb storage, no idea about the ram... I remember using discs and packaging programs to move larger files between my computer and friends computers :S

Austin

Austin
The first computer I ever used was an old machine in my dad's apartment. It ran a pre-95 version of Windows. I remember playing the very first SimCity on it quite often and that's about it.

As for my first personal machine, it was an old Macintosh (that's what we called them back then, no "apple"). This was before OSX so there was very little polish, everything was really ghetto.

Clank

Hmm
Dell dimension 2350:
2.2 GHz Northwood Pentium 4 processor with 512Mb cache(I think)
384Mb memory(later upgraded to 1G:cool:
DVD multi burner
60Gb hard drive
Intel integrated graphics

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
My first computer was in 2004, it was a machine we built in 5th grade. It had Windows 98 with...I think 64 MB of RAM..and that ****** agi graphics card. Somehow over time I did little upgrades with some spare parts I manged to get from other machines. In the end I had 320 MB of ram and Windows XP.

Got rid of that in 2011 for a AMD Sempron 2000+ machine with 1 GB of ram...or 512 MB..with XP..got rid of that last year in January for this computer. AMD Dual Core 2.4 GHz Athlon x64 with Windows 7 and 2 GB of RAM.

So i made some pretty huge leaps in upgrading the psat 2 years.

It was an HP in 2006 with 4 GB ram, 2.6 GZ dual pentium processor, and some crappy GPU.
Now I have a custom rig with 16 gigs RAM, a Intel i7 clocked at 3.6 GZ, a Nvidia GTX 690 GPU, and a sweet light up case! I got most of the parts for free because my dad works as an IT head for a company and can get these parts at extremely low prices. Without the discount it would have been 1900 USD but we built it for 350 USD.

Dan

It was a windows 98 computer, I can't remember the specs or anything. Although I recall wanting Sonic R for it, and the guy at the time said it wouldn't run on our computer. (This was more than likely for the best xD) I ended up getting sonic CD for the PC which is a great game.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
A Windows '95 computer. Something like this.

oeanic-1.jpg

ZING!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
It was a Windows XP, though you'll have to forgive me for not remembering the capacity and RAM, when I got it I didn't know too much about PCs. It had some cool programs, though, but I was only interested in the writing and music ones. :cool:

It was a Windows 95 computer with like 20-30GB of hard drive space and around 256MB of RAM. I liked it because it had those cool games you could play like Minesweeper :)

Word! 'Was my first computer, too. I loved the Microsoft Encarta that came with it. Oh, and it came with Journeyman Project Turbo, too... which was awesome

DekuPrincess

Are you serious?!?
I feel really old after reading through this. The first computer my family had was an Apple IIe. Best part is, it is still in my mom's attic, and still works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom