• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Username

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CigarSmoker

I give you one guess on what mine means. I enjoy Drew Estate the most, and I can't smoke regular cigs at all

dumb180

Warrior Postman
I've been using this username for stuff since seventh grade (that's about 10 years ago). I, for whatever reason, thought it was a really funny screenname. Now, I use it because I enjoy the occasional 'You lived up to your name with that post" remark I've heard a thousand times. :D

So there's no real meaning to the dumb or the 180 bit. Just something I picked.

Din Akera

Sniper
Link and I. Pretty simple, the phrase came from my boyfriend calling me from another room "What are you doing?" my reply is usually something along the lines " Link and I are....(insert whatever it is I'm doing, usually killing bad guys!)".

M

Mehzmerize

My name is Mehz (pronounced Meh-Z) lol so I go by many nicknames involving the sound of my name, Mehzmerize being one of them.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
#1 LOZ FanGirl

#1-I am the the number one
LOZ- Legend of Zelda
FanGirl- fan girl

I am the number one Legend of Zelda fan girl. I normally go by Kate on all my website profiles, so if you want to call me Kate instead of typing my s/n out, that's perfectly fine to me

Pocket Asian:
I'm short, and I'm Asian...

Well, actually, I'm not as short as I was when I got the nickname. I just liked it so I use it whenever I can. Its pretty uncommon.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Well my name in real life is Xindi (pronounced Cindy) and of all my friends I was the only person without a nickname. Then one of my friends suggested Xinnamin (pronounced Cinnamon) as a joke. It never stuck in real life, but I decided I really liked it as a username and now I use it for just about everything.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
At this point, it's simply habit. I've had this username on AIM for 5+ years now, and re-used it on several forums.

But my original reason was a cultural commentary on the Internet at the time I posted.

Basically, the Internet was dominated by a lot of intellectuals at the time, often having these drawn-out philosophical arguments in styles that remind you of ancient Greek or Renaissance philosophers. Usually they had these imposing names like "Socrates," "UltraNerd," "MindMaster," "ZeusDeus," or something like that. I just called myself "athenian200" as a way of saying that I didn't think my thoughts were anything special, or amazingly logically consistent. I'm just a "regular athenian" existing among all these arrogant Greek intellectual gods, occasionally tossing my two cents into their debates, but not bothering to defend my opinions, and simply agreeing to disagree with anyone who tosses out an opposing remark.

The name doesn't make much since now, because these days there are a lot of regular people on the Internet, and those intellectuals rubbed off on me to the point that I'm now, ironically, one of the geekier intellectual types in the average group I encounter.

Also, there's not a lot of respect for my desire to avoid confrontation these days, and no matter how much I emphasize that I respect the other person's opinion, they just keep tearing into me and trying to force me to agree with them. Even calling me stupid, because I happened to say something contrary to what they believed. :( Sometimes I even get so frustrated with that attitude that find myself using the tactics I learned watching those old arrogant geeks defend their arguments, and end up looking like an arrogant person myself. Even though I'm not at all confident in my opinions, I still get annoyed at seeing them dismissed with no justification (or even false information).

Keats

The Most Interesting Man
"Keats" is the surname name of a 19th century English writer named John. It sounded catchy, so I used it. As it just so happens, this is the only forum I use it on.

C

celibi88

celebi is an awesome pokemon

88 is my fav number twice

i misspelled celebi once and now i misspell it for continuities sake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom