• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Unpopular Opinion

Zorth

#Scoundrel
- people who value animal lives over humans disgust me

- looks do matter to a certain extent, I am really sick of people pretending to be these white knights that would date anyone. No, stop. If a talking trash can or gorilla come talking to you, and have a 10/10 personality, you will still run for your life

- on the topic of looks, I also get sick of these "real beauty" posts on social media. Yeah, nobody should be ashamed of how they look, but please don't force this semi-unhealthy view that being fat and hardly moving your body is somehow good

- i hate videos like "soldier surprises his GF/daughter/mom omg kawaii so cutee"

- people who complain about music genres and consider their own to be better because it takes "skill" are ******** beyond comprehension

- why intentionally get a kid and start a family when you are under like 23? almost every time I have seen this the parents don't have a stable economy... think of the kiiiids

pkfroce

Skelepuns
Relationships are overrated.
The original Star Wars trilogy was good, but I found it a bit overrated.
Deep down, I love highschool despite complaining about it being "hell."
Phantom Hourglass is pretty good.
A Link to the Past is okay I guess.
I enjoyed the motion controls in Skyward Sword.

These were just the ones off the top of my head. There are probably more.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Halo 4 is the best halo of all.

The Silent Hill movie is really good.

I like the Live action resident evil films and the Live action Dragon Ball is a fun watch.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava

- looks do matter to a certain extent, I am really sick of people pretending to be these white knights that would date anyone. No, stop. If a talking trash can or gorilla come talking to you, and have a 10/10 personality, you will still run for your life

- on the topic of looks, I also get sick of these "real beauty" posts on social media. Yeah, nobody should be ashamed of how they look, but please don't force this semi-unhealthy view that being fat and hardly moving your body is somehow good

- i hate videos like "soldier surprises his GF/daughter/mom omg kawaii so cutee"

- people who complain about music genres and consider their own to be better because it takes "skill" are ******** beyond comprehension

- why intentionally get a kid and start a family when you are under like 23? almost every time I have seen this the parents don't have a stable economy... think of the kiiiids

You and i differ on the Animal over Human argument, I much prefer animals, they don't stab you in the back nor do they pretend to be something they aren't and probably more importantly you can actually do something useful for them, if some son of a ***** is threatening my pet you bet your ass i'll kick the crap outta them for it.

Animals in the Long run are FAR better companions (except for the mating side of things, sod of bestiality) for humans than humans are for each other. Look at the amount of damage a female spouse can cause if she gets it into her head she thinks you are cheating? Look how much damage a dog can do if it thinks the same? None because dogs don't really care about that.

The rest of the stuff i can actually agree with though

I do like hearing that a soldier has survived the stupid crap we call warfare these days to see his family again, especially considering the crap that goes on behind closed doors.

Looks Do Matter to a certain Extent but at least for me i'd rather have someone with a good personality than someone who is beautiful, for two reasons possibly three, ONE) if you are dating someone for their personality and not looks you don't have to worry about cheating (though apparently when a woman actually scores a date she becomes more desirable by other males), two) you at least have the knowledge that she isn't vain nor shallow but actually thoughtful (most women i've dated have been vain and shallow, granted i am bad at dating women judging by my choices there) and three, that woman will be happy in the knowledge that she at least has a date that isn't dating her for her body (or at least not solely her body) Dating isn't just about your damned happiness, if neither party enjoys the date you might as well live alone.

I don't listen to Music so i can't really argue with you there what i do hate is when i tell someone i hate music (which i truly do) and i don't listen to it they immediately shove their favorite into my face saying OH YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THIS THEY ARE GREAT, let me assure you THEY ARE NOT.

And finally yes man you are damn right, in britain it seems like the moment a girl hits 16 (yes i said 16 it happens sometimes earlier but those we won't speak of) they try and settle down with the guy they are dating at the time, or they pop out kids for the damn child benefits, i know it's not the case with all women (my sis is 22 and is adamant about having her own business and no kids)

And finally i think an unpopular opinion doctors will hate

If a woman is under 25 they should still be tested for any and all kinds of Cancer, Hell so should men, it's cropping up in more and more under 25's now and i'd say it worries me.

An unpopular Opinion Vis and Vis Me

I hate Living Authors.

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
  • The Star Wars prequels were generally better than the original trilogy.
  • The Empire Strikes Back is the weakest Star Wars film, not the greatest.
  • Frozen was a mediocre, unbearably average film, not some great masterpiece.
  • It is not required for a game to be bug free at launch.
  • Someone disagreeing with a firmly held belief of your own is not cause to go to war with them.
  • On the subject of war, it is sometimes necessary and isn't always wrong.
  • Despite being lied to about the reasons for going into Iraq, it was not an incorrect action do so, but leaving it was and was what led to our current ISIS problem.
  • Wanting to remain isolationist and not use military action in the rest of the world when it can do good is an incredibly selfish thing to do.
  • The Transformers movies are actually very good.
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine was not a bad film.
  • The Godfather trilogy is incredibly overrated and absurdly boring.
  • The Hobbit trilogy is very good.
  • Splitting up film adaptations of books into multiple parts is a good thing.
  • The Lord of the Rings films are superior to the books.
  • The Lord of the Rings books themselves are very poorly written and are a painful read.
  • Feminism is largely based on lies, hatred, and desires for supremacy and control.
  • People are too harsh to judge pedophiles and expand the notion to include a far larger age range than it should.
  • Teenagers under the age of 18 should not be socially or legally punished for seeking sex with whomever they wish. They're going to do it anyway so clearly the insanely oppressive laws regarding it are not helping and are only hurting people.
  • The Sex Offender registry is unethical, immoral, and unconstitutional as it qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment, violating the eight amendment to the US Constitution.
  • I personally find makeup, nail polish, or anything like that to be incredibly unattractive on girls.
  • Men should have the same right to remove any of their body hair they with without being socially ridiculed for it.
  • A bidet (a toilet variant that shoots water at your underside) is unpleasant and no more or less sanitary than toilet paper. Think about getting that stuff on your finger. You wouldn't consider it finger food safe again with just paper or just water in either case, you'd need water and soap and that's not what bidets do. Premoistened wipes with soap in them, like we've been using on babies for decades, is the best alternative.
  • Anything made by Apple is an overpriced piece of junk.
  • It is possible to be a fan of a gaming company and still be able to criticize it.
  • Smartphones are stupid and dangerous, due to limited battery life phones should be reserved for communication only, other functions should be used on another less important device instead such as a tablet.
  • Beer smells and tastes horrible and there is nothing appealing about its effects.
  • Same goes for other recreational drugs.
  • Jurassic Park III was not a bad film.
  • Eregon was not a bad film.
  • The live action movie The Last Airbender was actually a very good adaptation and people unfairly insisted it was bad simply because of who made it without any regard to the actual quality of the film itself.
  • Terminator 3 was a good film and Terminator Genisys was better than the original.
  • Doctor Who is confusing, hard to understand, and difficult to watch.
  • Twitter is one of the most pointless websites ever.
  • Professional critics of any medium are generally untrustworthy and should always be treated with suspicion of bias.
  • Family Guy hasn't deteriorated in quality as much as most people think.
  • Vegetarianism and veganism are delusional and dangerous beliefs that ignore basic biology.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

Generally valuing animal lives over humans is not productive.

However for me family is most important, and I don't just mean blood relations, this includes close friends and they can be animals. And if it came down to it between saving my animal friend or a stranger. I'd save my animal friend.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
  • The Star Wars prequels were generally better than the original trilogy.
  • The Empire Strikes Back is the weakest Star Wars film, not the greatest.
  • Frozen was a mediocre, unbearably average film, not some great masterpiece.
  • It is not required for a game to be bug free at launch.
  • Someone disagreeing with a firmly held belief of your own is not cause to go to war with them.
  • On the subject of war, it is sometimes necessary and isn't always wrong.
  • Despite being lied to about the reasons for going into Iraq, it was not an incorrect action do so, but leaving it was and was what led to our current ISIS problem.
  • Wanting to remain isolationist and not use military action in the rest of the world when it can do good is an incredibly selfish thing to do.
  • The Transformers movies are actually very good.
  • X-Men Origins: Wolverine was not a bad film.
  • The Godfather trilogy is incredibly overrated and absurdly boring.
  • The Hobbit trilogy is very good.
  • Splitting up film adaptations of books into multiple parts is a good thing.
  • The Lord of the Rings films are superior to the books.
  • The Lord of the Rings books themselves are very poorly written and are a painful read.
  • Feminism is largely based on lies, hatred, and desires for supremacy and control.
  • People are too harsh to judge pedophiles and expand the notion to include a far larger age range than it should.
  • Teenagers under the age of 18 should not be socially or legally punished for seeking sex with whomever they wish. They're going to do it anyway so clearly the insanely oppressive laws regarding it are not helping and are only hurting people.
  • The Sex Offender registry is unethical, immoral, and unconstitutional as it qualifies as cruel and unusual punishment, violating the eight amendment to the US Constitution.
  • I personally find makeup, nail polish, or anything like that to be incredibly unattractive on girls.
  • Men should have the same right to remove any of their body hair they with without being socially ridiculed for it.
  • A bidet (a toilet variant that shoots water at your underside) is unpleasant and no more or less sanitary than toilet paper. Think about getting that stuff on your finger. You wouldn't consider it finger food safe again with just paper or just water in either case, you'd need water and soap and that's not what bidets do. Premoistened wipes with soap in them, like we've been using on babies for decades, is the best alternative.
  • Anything made by Apple is an overpriced piece of junk.
  • It is possible to be a fan of a gaming company and still be able to criticize it.
  • Smartphones are stupid and dangerous, due to limited battery life phones should be reserved for communication only, other functions should be used on another less important device instead such as a tablet.
  • Beer smells and tastes horrible and there is nothing appealing about its effects.
  • Same goes for other recreational drugs.
  • Jurassic Park III was not a bad film.
  • Eregon was not a bad film.
  • The live action movie The Last Airbender was actually a very good adaptation and people unfairly insisted it was bad simply because of who made it without any regard to the actual quality of the film itself.
  • Terminator 3 was a good film and Terminator Genisys was better than the original.
  • Doctor Who is confusing, hard to understand, and difficult to watch.
  • Twitter is one of the most pointless websites ever.
  • Professional critics of any medium are generally untrustworthy and should always be treated with suspicion of bias.
  • Family Guy hasn't deteriorated in quality as much as most people think.
  • Vegetarianism and veganism are delusional and dangerous beliefs that ignore basic biology.

I agree with most of those points with the exceptions of:

The Hobbit films which I found average.

I think everyone looks better with makeup, even if it is minimal.

I'm no veggie but we do feed more livestock than we feed humans and eat an excessive amount of meat as a species. Livestock farming is a major contributor to greenhouse gas production, not only because of the huge amount of rainforest cut down specifically for livestock, but also because of methane production from the animals themselves, especially cattle. I don't think there is any negative health concerns over vegetariansm, you can get a full amino acid profile and all essential nutrients from just eating a vegetarian diet.

Last edited:

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
I think everyone looks better with makeup, even if it is minimal.
minimal, subtle makeup is okay. But nothing that is excessive, obvious, or too unnatural looking. Red lipstick or blush for instance.

I'm no veggie but we do feed more livestock than we feed humans and eat an excessive amount of meat as a species. Livestock farming is a major contributor to greenhouse gas production, not only because of the huge amount of rainforest cut down specifically for livestock, but also because of methane production from the animals themselves, especially cattle. I don't think there is any negative health concerns over vegetariansm, you can get a full amino acid profile and all essential nutrients from just eating a vegetarian diet.
While they exist in plants, humans cannot extract everything they need from them. Our digestive systems are no longer capable of it. Most of the plant matter we eat passes directly through us undigested with most of the nutrients still in them. Full extraction requires more complex digestive systems than we currently have. Vegetarian, and even more so vegan, diets are invariable self-destructive and your body has to consume itself to survive. For infants, this is almost always fatal.

On the subject of greenhouse gases, I forgot a major point I don't agree with that is an unpopular opinion. I do not believe in global warming. I believe we are being lied to and fear is being sewn to control people and that real environmental disasters are being disregarded in favor of fictional ones. True problems are the rainforest destruction that you mentioned (but that is receiving far less attention and action than people believe), and the overwhelming pollution of the oceans with chemicals and trash, which is devastating the marine ecosystem. Particularly with animals that grow shells, which are having trouble growing them faster than the ocean is dissolving them.

If you want to debate either point further, please take it to an MD thread.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think all drugs should be decriminalised. Having people going to prison just for taking a drug and as a result getting themselvs a criminal record ruins their life and future prospects more than if they had been allowed to continue in most cases. The majority of drug users aren't addicts and do not perform other criminal activity.

The war on drugs is completely unwinnable and a waste of government money and police time which could actually be put to use bettering our healthcare and education, freeing up police to deal with actual crimes like murders and rapes. If every drug was regulated like tobacco and alcohol we would actually be getting revenue from that as well and put criminal drug gangs out of business.

Education on the safest use provided by the supplier (probably a chemist) and pure grade regulated products free of contaminants would reduce death rates amongst users as street **** can contain very dangerous additives.

I don't buy into the argument that if drugs were decriminalised, loads more would use them. The fact that they are illegal does not stop people now and especially for the harder drugs, most are wary of the negative health consequences and steer clear.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Titanic is one of the worst and most overrated movies ever. It was more than 2 hours of **** to me.
Frozen is extremely overrated and not even close to be called best animated movie ever.
Today's music is everything but music.
I dislike watching anime. My sister tried to make me watch Pokemon but after 1 minute I already turned it off.
I just don't like Pokemon and SBB games. I tried it but it's not my cup of tea.
Princess Zelda is a ****ing ***** and should be dethroned as a princess.
The usual family gatherings should be banned. I hate family time at birthdays, Christmas and Easter etc. Yuck!
I'll never going to like Star Trek. I tried it but it's not for me. I'm not going to try it anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom