• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Unpopular Opinion

ectoBiologist

Still Fandom Trash
I think the Gamecube was, and is, the most enjoyable Nintendo console I have ever played, even with the half a dozen or so library of games I own, and it's controller is incredibly easy to use.

Skyward Sword is horrible. Seriously. Well, not on a game standard, it's okay in that regard, but compared to other Zelda games....

Twilight Princess is best, because I said so.

The Assassain's Creed series is sub-par, at best, and despite having a deep and historically accurate plot, the games are boring and repetitive. They'd make a better movie/book franchise, solely, rather than video games as well. I honestly don't know how unpopular this opinion is, but its one I have.

Playstation and XBox consoles are nearly equivalent with one another, with the only differences being the aesthetics, layouts, and few exclusives. I prefer Playstation, but XBox is just as good overall.

PC has some great games, like Undertale, but aren't really the "Master Race" of gaming. They have many games from many other consoles and companies, as well as many exclusives, but you have to spend way too much to get one worth using for gaming.

Everyone should just bend to the will of Nintendo, our great overlord and glorious leader, whom will guide us to the promised lands of gaming, past the darkness that clouds our vision from the true GOTY contenders, like the always amazing Superman 64.

tumblr_n6v40co1371s3uawvo2_r1_500.gif

Not really. Nintendo has room for improvement. Doesn't mean I don't love them.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
iPhones are overpriced pieces of crap. I don't know why anyone would want one apart from to be a sheep. It's rare to find one without the trademark cracked screen, I wonder if they are designed to break deliberately to generate screen replacement sales.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I seriously hate tablets and smart phones. Why buy a tablet with a large screen and a keyboard? My god, you could buy a laptop. It might even be cheaper.
And what's the use of all these phones apps? I thought phones were originally created to , you know, make calls and not to use it as a gaming/computer/video device.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I seriously hate tablets and smart phones. Why buy a tablet with a large screen and a keyboard? My god, you could buy a laptop. It might even be cheaper.
And what's the use of all these phones apps? I thought phones were originally created to , you know, make calls and not to use it as a gaming/computer/video device.

Smart phone allows me to be on ZD or any other site at my convenience. It fits in my pocket and is easy to carry around in my pocket unlike a tablet or laptop.

You say the original purpose of a phone was to make calls, yet the original purpose of a computer was to do calculations. Times have changed and devices have new purpose.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Smart phone allows me to be on ZD or any other site at my convenience. It fits in my pocket and is convenient to carry around.

You say the original purpose of a phone was to make calls, yet the original purpose of a computer was to do calculations. Times have changed and devices have new purpose.
Well this is the unpopular opinion thread and I hate smart phones. I don't need my phone to be online. I got my laptop I use to get online.

My smartphone lets me listen to music on the go in amazing sound quality, so it's worth it to me.

iPhones are overpriced pieces of crap. I don't know why anyone would want one apart from to be a sheep. It's rare to find one without the trademark cracked screen, I wonder if they are designed to break deliberately to generate screen replacement sales.

I agree so much with this. I have a Chinese phone on the level of, say, the Samsung Galaxy S5, and even that costs twice the amount I paid for mine. I don't see why anyone would ever want an iPhone when it does everything my phone does worse and costs four times as much.

Dan

After my Mother and Grandfather stopped telling me bed time stories and insisted I was too old for them, (I was 15 at the time) I purchased a laptop so that I could watch Youtube content creators tell me bedtime stories instead.

(Note the first story is pretty scary for a bedtime story, also who on earth names their child Tofu?)

The problem with the above is that I would often fall asleep with the laptop in my bed, not to mention it ended up falling on the floor and breaking a few times.
Tablets are pretty convenient alternatives to watch films in bed, or pretty much anywhere. Tablets excel at light browsing, and it's great to be able to quickly pick my tablet up and check emails.

Smart phones I used to be pretty against too, but after owning one I found it's a pretty awesome digital swiss army knife. If I'm ever stuck somewhere I can easily start reading one of my ebooks. If I'm about in the city and not sure if a store is closed or not I can quickly browse the web to find out. I can also find bus times and other handy bits of info too. The battery life is really the only element holding smart phones back, and some phones interfaces are so poor that it makes using it as a actual phone confusing.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It's all fun and stuff you can do things with your phone but I still dislike them. Unfortunately I have one too because my provider don't offer other phones. Sometimes it is easy especially at work and during breaks, but most of the times you get a lot of gadgets I don't need and they all eat up space. So I have to spend my time kicking off 95% of the apps because I don't need them. Plus everybody is walking with their phone in their hands and the most stupid accidents happen because people don't look around and are addicted to their phones and social media.

Dan

It's all fun and stuff you can do things with your phone but I still dislike them. Unfortunately I have one too because my provider don't offer other phones. Sometimes it is easy especially at work and during breaks, but most of the times you get a lot of gadgets I don't need and they all eat up space. So I have to spend my time kicking off 95% of the apps because I don't need them. Plus everybody is walking with their phone in their hands and the most stupid accidents happen because people don't look around and are addicted to their phones and social media.

Haha yes I've actually seen someone browsing their phone and walk straight into a brick wall, surprisingly this hasn't happened to me yet.
I took a bus into the city the other day, I haven't been on a bus in years as I detest them but I was shocked to see nearly every passenger had a phone out, that wasn't the case a few years ago.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Remakes tend to be better movies than the originals. People just don't appreciate them. Had they seen the remake first they would think the original was crap in a lot of cases.

The battery life is really the only element holding smart phones back, and some phones interfaces are so poor that it makes using it as a actual phone confusing.

That's really a deliberate decision of the industry though. Your phone wastes a lot of battery on apps that you don't need, that send information about you back to the providers. Disabling these takes hacking your phone, but if you do, suddenly battery is not a problem anymore. I know because I charge my phone every two or three days or so, even though wireless, mobile data and bluetooth are always on and get used frequently.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
That's really a deliberate decision of the industry though. Your phone wastes a lot of battery on apps that you don't need, that send information about you back to the providers. Disabling these takes hacking your phone, but if you do, suddenly battery is not a problem anymore. I know because I charge my phone every two or three days or so, even though wireless, mobile data and bluetooth are always on and get used frequently.

The Data usage on my phone literally eats the battery i've also disabled bluetooth and Wireless, those for me are what eat it up big time, you kill the wifi and the majority of the apps won't work and if you disable the Data they can't send it back. Bluetooth just cuz i hate it ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom