• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your unpopular gaming opinions

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Twilight Princess is overrated and has the worst tutorial section of any Zelda game.
Each Mario Kart game has been better than the last, and yes this includes Mario Kart Wii.
Adventure of Link is a near masterpiece.
Ocarina of Time is not the best Zelda, and in fact barely even cracks the top 5.
Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel are hugely overrated.
The Wii has the weakest software library of any Nintendo console, overall.
Going along with that, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon was far inferior and actually rather boring.
Ratchet & Clank is the best 3D platforming series.

Now come at me y'all, do your worst! :cool:

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Since you asked, @Tristan :

Twilight Princess is overrated and has the worst tutorial section of any Zelda game.
I wouldn't say "overrated" since I see as many people hate on it as praise it, but its tutorial is absolute garbage and puts me off replaying it at least once every couple of months.
Tri Force Heroes is a really fun multiplayer Zelda experience, with its only real flaw being the region locking.
I disagree, I think its terrible from top to bottom.
Each Mario Kart game has been better than the last, and yes this includes Mario Kart Wii.
With the sole exception of Super Circuit not being as good as 64, this is true and I will fight any man that says otherwise.
Adventure of Link is a near masterpiece.
I don't like it.
Ocarina of Time is not the best Zelda, and in fact barely even cracks the top 5.
I wouldn't say "barely", but it's a fair few rungs from the top of the ladder, yes.
Brawl was a great game, and the Subspace Emissary was brilliant.
Brawl is a great game, but the Emisasary was boring and a chore.
Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel are hugely overrated.
I'd agree that they're overrated, but I'd cut the "hugely".
Conversely, Super Mario Sunshine is the best 3D Mario platformer to date.
Still 64 for me.
The Gamecube is the best console Nintendo has ever made.
Pure Nintendium, baby.
The Wii has the weakest software library of any Nintendo console, overall.
I agree.
Animal Crossing is excruciatingly boring.
"Hey kids, do you want a game were you have to pay your mortgage?" Animal Crossing is boring garbage.
GameFreak has released the same Pokémon game 20+ times.
Eh... I agree in spirit, but my gripe with the Pokemon games is that they changed too much, not too little.
The Wind Waker is a nearly flawless masterpiece.
I wouldn't go that far (sorry, Spirit) but it's great, yeah.
Luigi's Mansion is the best game to take place within Mario canon.
I've not played it so I can't comment.
Going along with that, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon was far inferior and actually rather boring.
I have played this one but I enjoyed it, my only major gripe being the bland enemy design.
Skyrim is... OK.
I have no significant quarrel with this. This I can live with.
Majora's Mask 3D was not a good remake.
I enjoyed some changes, didn't enjoy others. Overall I'm just glad to have the game in my pocket and looking nicer than before.
Ratchet & Clank is the best 3D platforming series.
The original Spyro the Dragon games get my vote, but I suppose it's still Insomniac so there's that.

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
New Super Mario Bros. 2's Coin Rush mode is hella fun.

I enjoyed playing Pokémon Picross without paying for it.

I think gritty is overrated.

Games are too forgiving these days.

You should never be forced to grind for anything, unless its the main challenge. XP systems are stupid.

Resolution doesn't matter beyond 720p, but adventure games really need to start improving draw distance.

I like the accordion.

I like the accordion.
This bloke also likes the accordian.

h3ONxgT.jpg

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Since I play Zelda for the dungeons I personally feel like Twilight Princess is the best Zelda game. All of the dungeons are my favorite in the series and I love all the items in the game even though some are criminally underused. I feel like it's the best game in the series. It's not my favorite game in the series but it is the best in my opinion.

I personally feel that Bioshock 2 isn't as much of a black sheep as people think it is.

Super Mario Sunshine is the only good Mario game.

Good sonic games don't exist, even the classic ones.

Melee isn't as good as people think it is.

Pokemon is drastically different now than it was in the 90's. I don't get why people say it's the same game over and over.

Resident evil was more suspenseful than scary. The series never felt like horror until 7.

Yoshi has the most boring games within all of Nintendo's IPs

The Wii U and Gamecube are the best Nintendo consoles.

Sony is the worst company within the console wars.

The original DS and Wii are some of the worst consoles ever. They only succeeded because their casual appeal.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
It's the most offensive. Resident Evil 7 was ****in' garbage.
RE7 is the best game in the series imo. Even better than 4

A new one I thought of

Fable 3 is a good game. It has it's problems and is nothing compared to the first 2 but I did enjoy it.

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness is a great game and the best Castlevania game. The camera and controls worked even better than most games at the time. It's one of my favorite games because of the awesome soundtrack and atmosphere, cool level design, and 4 very different characters to play as with different sets of levels.

JRPGs are not my cup of tea. Their interface systems are not very user friendly. The combat and progression systems are usually way too confusing and it is easy to screw up your character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom