• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Unexplained Encounters

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
A title like this basically begs for any ghost stories or UFO sightings, but that doesn't necessarily have to be the case [though if you do have some, by all means, share them]. Just pretty much any strange or weird occurrences that's happened to you that you can't come up w/ a reasonable explanation to, regardless if you believe in this stuff or not. You can even mention what you think reasonably happened, while also pointing out any issues there is w/ your own explanation. I'll share 2.

During a summer night around 10 years ago now, I was in my kitchen w/ the lights off, the only light was the TV that was on. All of a sudden my house started to vibrate [not shake, vibrate], then when I looked outside the window from my kitchen, it looked like there was a green light that was surrounding the house. The whole thing lasted a few seconds, then both just stopped. Even my dad had came out from the bedroom and was like, what the hell was that. This is by far the freakiest occurrence I've seen b/c I can't think of a single explanation for either.
Just to say, the vibration felt like as if there was really loud music playing, but there was no music of any kind at that moment. And I emphasize it was a vibration to eliminate the possibility that it could've been an earthquake or a large truck passing by, b/c those would cause the house to shake, not vibrate. As for the green light, they were definitely not headlights from a car b/c I've seen how headlights look of a passing by car from that window. No, these lights look like they were coming from around the house. The only "reasonable" explanation I can think is that it was indeed a passing by car w/ loud music playing, but it's way too inconsistent with what I saw, so really I have nothing to rationalize it w/.

The second one was at my friends house a couple years back. We were in his garage playing on his laptop w/ controllers plugged in. We were sitting on a couch w/ the laptop right in front of us, his right leg was resting on that table. Then all of a sudden, something dropped from ceiling, which hit the table before landing on the floor. From the corner of my eye, the best description I can give is that it was white, the size of a tennis ball, but looked like it was made of clay. We both paused for a moment before deciding to look for it to see what it was. For the LIFE of us we couldn't find the object. It was nowhere to be found, not under the couch, just nowhere visible on the floor, nor any potential spots it could've "rolled" to. We even doubted for a moment that it even existed until he pointed out that b/c it hit the table, he felt the rumble of it from his right leg. So something did certainly fall down. The mysterious thing is that it basically just disappeared, and it wasn't clear where it even fell from. To this day, neither of us can come w/ anything reasonable as to what it was or where it could possible have been.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The strangest thing that I've ever experienced was maybe spotting a UFO during a car trip from Florida back home.

I was sitting in the passengers seat, one of my friend's was driving, and another friend was in the backseat. I noticed some weird dot in the sky that stayed in the exact same position of the front window as we were driving. It was too big to be something that got stuck on the window as we were driving, even though that was my initial thought. All of us saw it, eventually it disappeared. I always just assumed we may have been near a military facility that was testing a new type of aircraft maybe, but I really don't know. Just because it could have been a UFO doesn't mean it was alien spacecraft, that's my outlook on it. And I do question whether it was a UFO, it could have been some sort of optical illusion - I just don't have enough knowledge on the matter to definitively say what we saw that day.

Last edited:

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Not really. I'm a skeptic on subjects like this, so even if I saw something unexplained, I wouldn't definitively say it was a UFO or paranormal thing, because there could be other factors that could explain what I experienced with my senses.

Further, we place too much value in our senses, when they are so easily fooled. For example, eyesight. Eyesight is basically interpretations of the natural world of your brain, which is why optical illusions work they way they do. They mess with how your brain interprets the world. All it takes is a clever drawing, and your brain can't figure it out.

Which is why I say optical illusions should really be called brain failures.

So, in short, no. I haven't personally experienced unexplained phenomena like UFO, ghost, or monster sightings. I'm much more worried about things that actually are frightening. I hear a bump in the night, and I would be relieved that it's a ghost, because then I'd think, "Well thank God it isn't the plumbing."

Or, if we're camping in the woods, wildlife is far more frightening than any monster sightings, in my opinion. Especially in rural areas in the mountains where wildlife like eagles, hawks, falcons, bears, mountain lions and such are common.

Three years ago I visited my sister who used to live in Virginia. We stopped by sitting inside the car looking at the house where the exorcist movie took place. I took a picture of the house and in the picture I took there was a ghost in front of the house. I showed it to my family and friends, some of them say it looks like a ghost and others say it looks like a reflection of my finger.

Another experience I had was my sister sent me a chain mail and if tag someone I would hear the voice of an angel tomorrow at 8:30 am. I tagged the chain mail, went to bed and in my sleep when I was dreaming, I felt someone pulling my arms and in my dream an angel was carrying me and then his face turned into a demon and I woke up looking at the clock it said 8:00 am. I waited till 8:30 am to hear the voice of an angel and instead I heard a bang on the wall. This experience I had scared me.

Last edited:

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
Three years ago I visited my sister who used to live in Virginia. We stopped by sitting inside the car looking at the house where the exorcist movie took place. I took a picture of the house and in the picture I took there was a ghost in front of the house. I showed it to my family and friends, some of them say it looks like a ghost and others say it looks like a reflection of my finger.

Another experience I had was my sister sent me a chain mail and if tag someone I would hear the voice of an angel tomorrow at 8:30 am. I tagged the chain mail, went to bed and in my sleep when I was dreaming, I felt someone pulling my arms and in my dream an angel was carrying me and then his face turned into a demon and I woke up looking at the clock it said 8:00 am. I waited till 8:30 am to hear the voice of an angel and instead I heard a bang on the wall. This experience I had scared me.
any possibility that you could upload the picture here?

and that 2nd one would probably have me stop sleeping for a good few days

I was at a friend's house one night and I slept in the front room on the sofa. Something woke me up and I saw an old lady wearing a red coat standing over me.

She reached out her hand and touched my chest and it went super cold, she then bent down further bringing her face into mine before disappearing.

I fell off the sofa and looked around for her but I couldn't find her.

In the morning I asked my friend if the house was haunted. Her eye widened, she called for her mum to explain to me what I'd seen (old woman in a red coat) and it was super scary that she knew.

Apparently the house was haunted and they'd had numerous priests visit the house to bless it to get rid of the ghost.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
When I was 18 years old I worked at a meatfactory. I was industrial cleaner. One day I was cleaning the meat tables and framework. I was wearing my headphones and listened to my music (yeah the good ol' antique walkman). I cleaned the big meathooks and continued with the tables. Suddenly I heard someone yelling my name out loud. I stopped and turned around only to see one of those meathooks passing by my back ( I was standing with my back towards the hooks). I looked up at my coworker who worked on the other side of the meat hall. I wanted to thank him for warning me. But my coworker was standing with his back towards me and much further away than I thought. So he never saw it even happen. That was odd as **** but that voice warned me in time otherwise it could've ended badly .

The sec thing I remember as one of the most weirdest things in my life happened back in the mid 90's. I was asleep. And in the bedroom hang a lamp we used to have before I was even born. It had an aluminium ring around it and could make a lot of noise when you slapped it. I was sleeping and so was my mother. Suddenly it was like someone slapped the lamp very hard. A very loud noise but no movement at all. The lamp did not move at all. Normally it would swing around like crazy once being hit but nope. My mother heard it too and came to check. I never knew what it was

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Not really. I'm a skeptic on subjects like this, so even if I saw something unexplained, I wouldn't definitively say it was a UFO or paranormal thing, because there could be other factors that could explain what I experienced with my senses.

Further, we place too much value in our senses, when they are so easily fooled. For example, eyesight. Eyesight is basically interpretations of the natural world of your brain, which is why optical illusions work they way they do. They mess with how your brain interprets the world. All it takes is a clever drawing, and your brain can't figure it out.

Which is why I say optical illusions should really be called brain failures.

So, in short, no. I haven't personally experienced unexplained phenomena like UFO, ghost, or monster sightings. I'm much more worried about things that actually are frightening. I hear a bump in the night, and I would be relieved that it's a ghost, because then I'd think, "Well thank God it isn't the plumbing."

Or, if we're camping in the woods, wildlife is far more frightening than any monster sightings, in my opinion. Especially in rural areas in the mountains where wildlife like eagles, hawks, falcons, bears, mountain lions and such are common.
Agreed.
There must be an explanation for everything. The fact that we cannot understand it doesn't mean it's 'unexplained'

There is a myth in villages that ghosts appear below trees. But one possible explanation is that inhaling CO2 for prolonged periods of time causes hallucinations. Not only that certain molds in old buildings can also cause hallucinations. So, if you move somewhere and see hallucinations, it's probably due to molds or you're keeping the windows closed.
I've heard some clattering noises in kitchen before, but it's probably due to vermin that sneaked in. I don't perceive it as paranormal activity

D

Deleted member 90890

When I was on a plane heading to Japan back in 2003, I remember seeing from my window a man-made object falling through the sky, through layers of clouds. I don't think anyone else saw it, and even my little brother was like "where? where?", and he was sitting right next to me.

In retrospect, it could've been an old satellite. However, I know what I saw, and I am a firm believer of extraterrestrials to this day.

any possibility that you could upload the picture here?

and that 2nd one would probably have me stop sleeping for a good few days

I still haven't quite figured out how to properly upload a picture here. If the upload works, you can see a blurriness on the bottom right of the picture and it looks like someone is walking by or maybe it really is just a reflection of my finger.

Attachments

• ghost.jpeg
    ghost.jpeg
    278.3 KB · Views: 24

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I still haven't quite figured out how to properly upload a picture here. If the upload works, you can see a blurriness on the bottom right of the picture and it looks like someone is walking by or maybe it really is just a reflection of my finger.
it does seem like just a blur from this picture, it's tough to say one way or the other since I don't want to discount either, I guess it would depend on the history of the place, it'd be ironic as hell though

The sec thing I remember as one of the most weirdest things in my life happened back in the mid 90's. I was asleep. And in the bedroom hang a lamp we used to have before I was even born. It had an aluminium ring around it and could make a lot of noise when you slapped it. I was sleeping and so was my mother. Suddenly it was like someone slapped the lamp very hard. A very loud noise but no movement at all. The lamp did not move at all. Normally it would swing around like crazy once being hit but nope. My mother heard it too and came to check. I never knew what it was
I had a similar experience to this as a young kid, but it was with a door slam. I was in my old bedroom, which had a normal closet door unlike my sisters that slid shut. I was just playing with my legos, and I heard a door slam, didn't know where it came from but my closet door was already shut before it happened. But my parents thought it was me slamming my closet door and yelled at me about it because it couldn't have been my sister. They didn't believe me when I said the door never moved. 20 years later and I still don't know what that door slam was.

I wouldn't say my house is haunted although my maternal grandmother died in our living room (yeah there's a certain irony to that I suppose), so I guess there could be something? A peace lily from her funeral stays in the room where she died and it has lived over five times the normal lifespan of a peace lily. When I moved it to another room a few years back when we were rearranging stuff, it got really sick. It's doing better now that it's back in the living room. Not quite an encounter, but still kind of interesting nonetheless.

I don't have a super strong opinion for or against the supernatural, but I feel like shutting oneself out of exercising the possibility of it is the least scientific thing one can do. There will always be things we won't understand. Answers generate more questions; never settle for one answer if it yields more stuff to learn.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I had a similar experience to this as a young kid, but it was with a door slam. I was in my old bedroom, which had a normal closet door unlike my sisters that slid shut. I was just playing with my legos, and I heard a door slam, didn't know where it came from but my closet door was already shut before it happened. But my parents thought it was me slamming my closet door and yelled at me about it because it couldn't have been my sister. They didn't believe me when I said the door never moved. 20 years later and I still don't know what that door slam was.

I wouldn't say my house is haunted although my maternal grandmother died in our living room (yeah there's a certain irony to that I suppose), so I guess there could be something? A peace lily from her funeral stays in the room where she died and it has lived over five times the normal lifespan of a peace lily. When I moved it to another room a few years back when we were rearranging stuff, it got really sick. It's doing better now that it's back in the living room. Not quite an encounter, but still kind of interesting nonetheless.

I don't have a super strong opinion for or against the supernatural, but I feel like shutting oneself out of exercising the possibility of it is the least scientific thing one can do. There will always be things we won't understand. Answers generate more questions; never settle for one answer if it yields more stuff to learn.
I hope you didn't misconstrue my post, lol.

Just to explain where I'm coming from on my comment...

I don't really have a strong opinion, I just said I'm a skeptic.

That means, unless the existence of the supernatural is demonstrated and verified, I just feel it's a bit of a leap in logic to conclusively say it is indeed a supernatural event, when it's just an unexplained phenomenon.

So, I personally haven't experienced something unexplained, but I also think that immediately jumping to the supernatural is a bit presumptuous when there could be other explanations that are equally as valid.

All in all, I agree with you, I just withhold judgment until evidence demonstrates it. Like I do with anything really.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
here's a brief one I remember from a long time ago

There was this one day when I was a kid where my parents left for something and I was home alone for a time [not sure where my brother was, probably out w/ friends], then our home phone rang and I answered it. The person on the other line plainly said "Are you home alone?" and I freaking hung up immediately. Naturally I went to lock my doors and I was scared, my parents were only gone for a bit so they came back in not too long. And like a fool, I never told them about it b/c I guess I didn't want to make it like a scene or something. Nothing ever came out of that though, so it's not something that I dwell on. I have zero clue as to who that could've been or if it was a prank

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm in the middle when it comes to whether or not the supernatural is truly supernatural or if everything has an explanation. I've had many experiences in my life that spooked me, and my first thought was "ghost", but most of those experiences had some kind of possible explanation.

Except one.

For context, I once lived in what is supposed to be one of the most haunted houses in my old town. My dad was dating somebody who ran a bed and breakfast out of it and she invited us to live there. My brother in law stayed there once and, without having even been told the place was supposedly haunted, after one night he pledged never to stay there again because he felt really uncomfortable. So after that was when I started becoming interested in trying to find out whether it was true or not. Keep in mine that at this time, I was probably around 10 or 11, and me and my best friend both had a bit of an obsession with supernatural reality TV shows like Ghost Hunters. So, one night I went up to the attic and sister shut the door and turned off the light (the door lock and light were both controlled from the hallway below). I don't remember much, but I do distinctly remember seeing someone standing in there. Don't remember seeing any clear facial features, but there was a silhouette of a person standing in front of me, and it wasn't near any of the windows. I remember going back up there a few times after that to try and find some sort of explanation but never did. To this day, I don't know what exactly happened that night in the attic.

That is the only unexplained experience I can remember having of which I could not find a potential cause. That's not to say it's the only supernatural experience I have had, just the only one that I really couldn't explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom