• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Un-Toxic Personality Trait

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
There's posts going around Instagram and Facebook about some people's toxic personality traits.

But that's lame! So screw that, what's your UN-toxic personality trait?

I'll go first, I really like seeing musicians with disabilities managing to write insanely killer stuff in spite of a disability they face. I find that inspiring. I like seeing people overcoming adversity and kicking ass!

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
If you go to gym with a cold and spread the virus there isn't that actually a toxic biohazard?
I mean I would be rolled up in bed in home if they let me. Unfortunately I have to spend a certain amount of hours in the residence even though my home is an hour away. What's worse is they don't allow us to order food. So we gotta go to the cadets' mess even if we got cold.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I feel it's dishonorable to not lead by example. Effective leadership in my opinion is honesty, integrity, willingness to learn, sets achievable and realistic expectations, and is willing to put in some work.

Thus, I'm not going to hold an apprentice blacksmith to the same standard I hold a master blacksmith to. Just like for companies, I hold upper management to a higher standard, and I give the benefit of the doubt to employees. Because it's management's job to lead the employees to success by setting goals, outlining what's expected from them, and being the one that everyone turns to when things get dicey in the workplace.

In other words, an effective manager is honest, approachable, willing to help, and is willing and able to get sh*t done when no one else will, and they expect their employees to do the same.

At least, this is what I learned from my parents, and just years and years of being stonewalled by managers who just didn't give a sh*t.

So, another untoxic personality trait I have is that I try to lead by example. I am only human, so I make mistakes, and because of my anxiety, and what I expect is a little ADHD since my brother got diagnosed with that recently, I tend to beat myself up for my mistakes unhealthily so, but I do try to learn from them I do the best I can. It's stressful, but I'd rather lead people to success and help others start kicking ass at whatever they do, because I feel it's just the right thing to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom