• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Triforce Virtues?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
If you were to create a Triforce, which three virtues would it represent? Which three virtues do you think partition the world, or which are the most important three? Or would it be a Tetraforce?

I'd keep Power and Wisdom, but I'd replace Courage with Love. I think Love is a more general 'motive' virtue which can embody courage. In order to control the Triforce and be the rightful King of Hyrule, one would have to balance the Power to act, the Knowledge to understand these actions, and a Love of others to allow this Power and Wisdom to benefit society.

Would anyone replace all three virtues?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
I would break the Triforce into six and make the virtues "Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty, and Magic"...

Just kidding. I like the Triforce how it is. Although I like your idea on love, I feel like it's too "good". The triforce isn't necessarily good- it's pure, neutral energy.

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
Although I like your idea on love, I feel like it's too "good". The triforce isn't necessarily good- it's pure, neutral energy.
Love isnt always "good". Love of money, love of power... love can be bad, if you love the wrong things. I think its a good idea.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Love isnt always "good". Love of money, love of power... love can be bad, if you love the wrong things. I think its a good idea.

I didn't think of it like that exactly, but I guess in that case it doesn't make a whole lot of sense being in the triforce, does it- especially if that love is for power. Perhaps ambition would make a be an ok substitute. (Power to do the things you want, wisdom to know the things you want, ambition to drive you to act)

DarkLink7

I make my own fate!
I disagree. Ambition is usually tied in with the bad... i've seen it with books and movies. Ambition would NOT be a good Triforce virtue. Ganon's ambition drove him to take over Hyrule. Link.... i can't say he DIDN'T have ambition, but ambition is "an earnest desire for some type of achievment or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth and the willingness to strive for it's attainment"... see how it's more bad than good? Its a "ME" thing. Ambition is all about "me". Hey, look at me! I want power, I want honor, so i'm getting it and you can't do anything about it!

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I disagree. Ambition is usually tied in with the bad... i've seen it with books and movies. Ambition would NOT be a good Triforce virtue. Ganon's ambition drove him to take over Hyrule. Link.... i can't say he DIDN'T have ambition, but ambition is "an earnest desire for some type of achievment or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth and the willingness to strive for it's attainment"... see how it's more bad than good? Its a "ME" thing. Ambition is all about "me". Hey, look at me! I want power, I want honor, so i'm getting it and you can't do anything about it!
Dictionary.com said:
Ambition: am·bi·tion
   [am-bish-uhn]
noun
an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment: Too much ambition caused him to be disliked by his colleagues.
the object, state, or result desired or sought after: The crown was his ambition.
desire for work or activity; energy: I awoke feeling tired and utterly lacking in ambition.

Using the third definitition, a desire for work or activity, I could say that ambition is nothing more than a drive to do whatever it is you would like to do. Ambition doesn't necessarily mean "I want it". I mean, certainly you want to attain some sort of attribute. It's just, the significance of who wants what attribute isn't always singled out to the "I" in question. Ambition isn't a bad thing on its own, it's what you're striving for that can steer you off track! ^.^

I would most likely replace Courage with Ambition as well; Link very clearly wants to do what is right and therein lies his ambition. ;)

Ayy my source: Ambition | Define Ambition at Dictionary.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom