• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your top games that only you seem to like

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
1. Super Mario RPG

I don't remember this being an especially popular game on the SNES, at least not in the US. I could be wrong. It's hard to tell from the sales charts because they mix Japanese and US sales, and the Japanese sales are likely skewing things to make it look like it performed better than it did. But I'm pretty sure this is the game that got me into RPGs.

2. Tales of Symphonia

I don't know how well it did, but I haven't heard a lot of people talk about it, and I know it didn't sell over a million copies. I really liked the game, though.

3. Star Fox Adventures

Most Star Fox fans hate it because it plays nothing like Star Fox, and most others haven't tried it because they don't have an interest in Star Fox. I found out it was an action-adventure and checked it out, though... and it actually plays a lot like a Zelda game.

4. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

I really love the music in this game, and it's very different from most Square Enix RPGs. The gameplay is different enough to be memorable, sort of an Action-RPG thing.

5. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

It's a very tough game for someone coming from Final Fantasy, but it's one of the best RPGs I've played on the Wii U. A lot of people missed out on it because it came out near the end of the Wii U's lifespan, though.
You sir have great taste. I love Mario RPG and Crystal Chronicles. I so hope SE either ports CC or creates a new Crystal Chronicles on Switch, because it is perfect for that system.
Funnily enough I don't know anyone in real life that hates 6. I like it myself but I prefer 5 but that's probably just due to Wesker.
Ooooh, Resident Evil 6 would be on here.

People haaaaaaate that game. But i'm fine with it, Ada is all i need <3

And Leon and Helena are cool and its better than Resi 5.
RE6 is the worst in the series in my opinion. It is so not a Resident Evil game.... It's like the Triforce Heroes of the RE series. I'm sure that some people enjoy it, like I do TFH, but it is so not how RE should be. I am so glad that RE returned to form in RE7.

In regards to my own:

Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness: a lot of Pokemon fans completely disregard this both of the Pokemon GC games. But I consider it just like a mainline game that completely shakes up the formula(before Sun and Moon made it cool). It introduced completely new forms of Pokemon, a brand new type, 3D visuals, a coherent story, no gym gameplay, and it completely shook up Pokemon battles by having it all be double battles. Pokemon who never had a use have a time to shine in this title due to the double battles, and it was a game that encouraged experimentation in your party with genius mechanics. XD and Colliseum both were completely amazing, yet they remain ignored.... I choose XD over Colliseum in particular because XD was a better game than Colliseum imo, but both are totally fantastic. Also, gotta say, they both have the best soundtrack of any Pokemon game.

Codename S.T.E.A.M: a lot of people were put off by the graphics of the game. But man... Codename STEAM was a great SRPG with an amazing cast of characters of Historical Figures and Literature of Amerixa. It had really awesome gameplay, and an awesome soundtrack.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
RE6 is the worst in the series in my opinion. It is so not a Resident Evil game.... It's like the Triforce Heroes of the RE series. I'm sure that some people enjoy it, like I do TFH, but it is so not how RE should be. I am so glad that RE returned to form in RE7.

Resident Evil 7 is just as bad as 6 in terms of being a Resident Evil game. Resident Evil 6 at least has the characters of the series and a story in line with the rest of the games. Resident Evil 7 ATTEMPTS to go back to its roots but is just as bastardized as any of the recent games, except it's not as fun nor does it feel like it's part of the Resident Evil universe.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Myst and Riven

... IKR? Those blank stares you're giving me is why. Most people's response is either "wut?" or "That's like Dark Souls right?"

And it's not entirely true because there are fans out there, they're just difficult to find. So it's always a joy to encounter one. And a lot of people ages 25 and up at least remember Myst and Riven were a thing once.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Any creative game. These include Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer, Disney Infinity, and any sandbox game similar to Minecraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom