• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your top games that only you seem to like

There's no such thing as a wrong opinion, just unpopular ones.

When it comes to games having an unpopular opinion comes down to your personal tastes, not everyone is the same.

So i'm wondering, what are your top games that only you seem to like?

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'm not sure if liking or thinking any of these games are good is unpopular. This is more games I really enjoyed that people didn't really talk about.

Army of TWO: The 40th Day - Not the strongest in the story or world building category, but an excellent co-op shooter with plenty of satisfying moments and great mechanics.
Disney's Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse (Remake) - This one was a bit of a quiet release for me. I stumbled upon it on XBLA, tried it, bought it, passed it, and loved it. It's a solid and great looking platformer with tons of Disney charm.
Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands - The original Prince of Persia received tons of praise and still gets acknowledged from time to time, meanwhile The Forgotten Sands is, well, forgotten. Which is a total shame as it does everything the original did and more, but better. It's a satisfying platformer with satisfying combat and creates so many unique obstacles that feel so rewarding to traverse through.
Sonic Lost World - This one does get trashed a lot by the Sonic community and I don't get it. The gameplay is solid and for the first time in a 3D Sonic game, you're in complete control. Sonic is slowed down significantly from the current boost formula but it works as good as it did in the Adventure games. You can actually run in perfect circles and run in straight lines without feeling like the level design or responsiveness is going to kill you. It's not a perfect game by any means, but it's not remotely terrible either. It may be messing with the formula again, but that's not necessarily a bad thing when the game is actually fun and well made. Honestly, Lost World should be the basis for future 3D Sonic games but unfortunately, that'll never happen now.
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - If I recall correctly, this game wasn't exactly well liked by critics and not many people ever really spoke up about the game. Why? I honestly don't know. It was by far the most exhilarating open world Spider-Man game. Combat was amazing and diverse with Spider-Man being able to keep up combos in mid-air, kick ass while standing on the side of a building, and switch between his symbiote suit and classic suit on the fly, altering his attacks and boy are there tons of enemies in this game. By far the best open world Spider-Man experience.

I can only think of three...

3. Super Mario 3D World-
Not a bad game, but if you were given the choice of any 3D Mario game, most people wouldnt pick this one. As much as i love Mario 64 (my personal fave) i can lose hours to 3D World, its easier too so i load it up just for the fun and there are enough quick and varied levels to keep me going.

2. Most 'Warriors' games-
The PS4 has had some brilliant Warriors games from Tecmo, but these games usually rate on the average side and get snubbed a lot because of their repetitive nature. Though I dont get bored easily so i can stomach a lot of the same thing. Plus i play for the story and as long as it engages me i can get through most games.

1. Resident Evil 6-
People hate this one because its an action game and not scary. But look at the opening cutscenes for Resi 2, 3, Veronica, hell even REmake there are helicopters falling like tables from the sky, tankers blowing up, zombies rocket launchers and a lot of fire... in Resi 6 these events arent jusy cutscenes anymore, Resi 6 is what Resi always wanted to be.
Plus Ada <3

Ok here are 6 games that I like, but few others seem to like.

Secret of Evermore - SNES - Basically Secret of Mana but less Japanese and more western. A great game. Though a little easy at times.
Captain Toad - WiiU - A great, different puzzle game. I totally loved it.
BreakQuest - PC - The best brickles clone I have ever played. Modern, great music.
Tetris Attack - SNES (Though Panel de Pon is good also). - My favourite tetris style game. Well it's only vaguely similar to Tetris but I think it's way mroe fun than standard tetris.
Zelda 2 Adventures of Link - NES - Not the best game ever but very fun and not as hard as everyone says it is.
Master of Orion 2 - PC - Amazing 4x game. Totally recommend it for everyone who is a fan of the genre.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Skyward Sword. Everyone hates it, but it's one of my favorite Zelda games.

Black Ops 2 on the Wii U. Everyone likes COD, but they all think it's a joke on the Wii U. It's not, it's the same.

ALTTP. Everyone loves it, but I don't think it's that special.

Halo. I HATE Halo.

Not that no one may like this game as much as they dont know it exsits but i really like Mystical Ninja starring Goemon on the SNES.

It was a great title and its on the wiiU eshop.

As great as it is though i never hear anyone mentioning it.

Salem

SICK
Not that no one may like this game as much as they dont know it exsits but i really like Mystical Ninja starring Goemon on the SNES.

It was a great title and its on the wiiU eshop.

As great as it is though i never hear anyone mentioning it.
I like it as well. :)

Kirino

Tatakae
Not necessarily my top games, but I really enjoyed FF13 and Resident Evil 6. And despite their relative unpopularity, Skyward Sword and Radiant Dawn were easily among my favorite games in their respective franchises.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I quite liked FFXIII but to be honest I can't think of any games that I like that aren't relatively well received.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Ooooh, Resident Evil 6 would be on here.

People haaaaaaate that game. But i'm fine with it, Ada is all i need <3

And Leon and Helena are cool and its better than Resi 5.

Funnily enough I don't know anyone in real life that hates 6. I like it myself but I prefer 5 but that's probably just due to Wesker.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I liked Resident Evil 6 as an action game in a universe I love. But it's still plagued with issues and the whole Jake Muller thing was absolutely horrible. Less would have definitely been more for Resident Evil 6. Overall, 5 is a more solid video game from beginning to end, but 6 is still pretty damn fun.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
1. Super Mario RPG

I don't remember this being an especially popular game on the SNES, at least not in the US. I could be wrong. It's hard to tell from the sales charts because they mix Japanese and US sales, and the Japanese sales are likely skewing things to make it look like it performed better than it did. But I'm pretty sure this is the game that got me into RPGs.

2. Tales of Symphonia

I don't know how well it did, but I haven't heard a lot of people talk about it, and I know it didn't sell over a million copies. I really liked the game, though.

3. Star Fox Adventures

Most Star Fox fans hate it because it plays nothing like Star Fox, and most others haven't tried it because they don't have an interest in Star Fox. I found out it was an action-adventure and checked it out, though... and it actually plays a lot like a Zelda game.

4. Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles

I really love the music in this game, and it's very different from most Square Enix RPGs. The gameplay is different enough to be memorable, sort of an Action-RPG thing.

5. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

It's a very tough game for someone coming from Final Fantasy, but it's one of the best RPGs I've played on the Wii U. A lot of people missed out on it because it came out near the end of the Wii U's lifespan, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom