• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Your Top 5 Moments

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
There are many aspects to Skyward Sword. There's the good, the bad, the funny, the I'm-going-to-bawl-my-eyes-out, and the just plain frustrating. What I want to know is: what are your top 5 moments? I'll give you an example of what I mean using my top 5.

The Good
5. Obtaining the Clawshots

images

To me this was an important part because it took me FOREVER to get through Nayru's Silent Realm! Oh, and I love the clawshots anyway.

4. Defeating Ghirahim

images

This took me a while to just figure out what was going on. I loved this battle. It was so intense! It was almost as if this battle was designed for you to feel the emotion.

3. Finishing Sky Keep

images

This was a good part for me because it had a feeling of finality and accomplishment. It was also the part of the game where you knew that it was just a little bit longer and you could add another game to your complete list.

2. Defeating Koloktos

images

This particular boss took me a good hour or so to beat. It was a slight bit of a challenge for me (not being as good of a gamer as most of you probably are on here). I loved the music for this boss! It really built up the intense feeling of the battle!

[video=youtube;MzL4IA16k78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzL4IA16k78[/video]

1. The Final Blow

images

I loved the final boss, Demise. Not only did everything about Demise explain to me a lot about Ganondorf, but it was also a very intense battle. I don't know about you guys, but I got very angry in this battle.

The Frustrating

5. Farore's Silent Realm

images

If you're anything like me, you usually prefer to figure things out your way. Of course, by doing that, you end up learning why you must avoid waking water at all costs. The particular tear I have a picture of was the one that made me learn the hard way about waking water.

4. Travelling Around Eldin Volcano Like an Assassin

1614-.jpg

This was SO FRUSTRATING! I kept finding places to use the items that I didn't have and when I found them, I couldn't figure out how to get to them.

3. Faron Woods being Flooded

1610-.jpg

I loved the music for this part, don't get me wrong, but not being able to do much but chase Tad-Tones and get chased by Crainocs was very annoying. It was especially annoying when you missed a Tad-Tone or were running out of breath. That was horrible, especially in Hero Mode.

2. Transporting the Time-Shift Stone through Lanayru Gorge

1640-.jpg

I tend to have bad timing with a lot of things, so getting through this part was a bit challenging for me.

1. Getting to the Gate of Time, the First Time

tumblr_lzktvsHJCa1qbezkfo1_500.gif

I had the same feeling here as I did when Zant takes away the Fused Shadows you worked so hard for in Twilight Princess. It felt like a slap in the face.

Those are a few examples for your top 5 moments in Skyward Sword. You can use different examples, but be creative with it!

MW7

My Favorites

5. The Indiana Jones boulder moment in the Earth Temple
4. Using motion controls for first time ever in a Zelda game since I got Twilight Princess on Gamecube. Based on what I've heard I'm glad Skyward Sword was my first motion controlled Zelda experience.
3. Actually having to leave a dungeon to get more health restoration items for the first time ever in a 3d Zelda game.
2. Realizing that the Sand Ship uses global changes (with time shifts) throughout the whole dungeon as a puzzle concept in the same vein as some of my all time favorite dungeons- the Water Temple and the Stone Tower Temple.
1. Walking into Sky Keep without having spoiled myself on the concept of the dungeon and realizing that it's one giant sliding puzzle. Yes!!!!

Honorable Mentions:
Nintendo somehow managed to turn the tears of light concept from Twilight Princess from something I despised into something I loved in Skyward Sword with significant tweaks incorporating stealth.
There are going to be boss fights that aren't predictable and don't revolve around dungeon items- hurray for Ghirahim!

My Least Favorites

5. Realizing immediately that the game won't let me skip cutscenes since my first instinct was to try and skip them.
4. Noticing that Nintendo managed to make the notification problem from Twilight Princess (which was rupees) worse in Skyward Sword by putting notifications with the tons of different treasures and bugs.
3. Comparing the sky to the Great Sea in Wind Waker and feeling underwhelmed
2. Having to fight the Imprisoned three times- the only boss in the game I didn't enjoy.
1. Realizing how needlessly linear and structured the game was designed to be. I took the time to think outside the box, and the game designers went out of their way to box me in. The best example is me trying to skip the fireshield earrings by using a guardian potion plus instead (which logically makes sense because both prevent damage in hot areas) and being blocked by Fi telling me to turn around.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Oh, wow, I can't make a list about this. I can think of the top moments for both sides, but listing a top five for them would be insanely tough. I'm just gonna have to stick to the top moments.

For the best, I have to agree with defeating Demise. After that extensive Horde Battle and magnificent final Ghirahim fight, finishing off Demise in a 1:1 battle to the death was just plain gold. Best ending to a Zelda game so far, bar none.

For the worst, it would easily be the entire return to Faron Woods. Lake Floria was incredibly short and a giant hallway, the return to Skyview was a bitter disappointment, and the Ancient Cistern wound up being a very poorly-designed dungeon, which was one of the last things I expected out of the game. Koloktos was pretty tight, but the rest of the dungeon was just... bleh. Thankfully it was the only dungeon in Skyward Sword that wasn't spectacular.

theoathtoorder

“Zinga-dingding!”
My favorites:
Cutscene where Hylia reveals herself to Link
Flooded Faron Woods
Every meeting with Ghirahim
Link throwing the Life Tree Fruit "down the hatch" and Lanaryu Dragon's ZINGA-DING DING!!
Battling Koloktos

I can't really think of a part on Skyward Sword I didn't enjoy. I truly mean that.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
1. Beating Scaldera after losing 19 times.

I know what you mean by that! I don't know how many times it took me to finally defeat Koloktos in Hero Mode, but it certainly took a good chunk of my day! Funny thing is, I beat Demise in Hero Mode in under 5 minutes thanks to the Guardian Potion. Talk about another slap in the face.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
The Good
5. Learning Nayru's Wisdom - The song itself just struck me in an emotional way. Unfortunately it doesn't sound as good when you perform it in Lanayru.
4. Nayru's Silent Realm - Being chased by 3-5 Guardians all the way across Lanayru Desert.
3. Arriving on the Isle of Songs and arriving at Sky Keep (tied) - The only two good/real/full puzzles in the game.
2. First Timeshift Stone activation in Lanayru Mining Facility and stepping out onto the port at Lanayru Sand Sea (tied) - The Lanayru region evoked a very strong sense of exploring the mysterious past.
1. Defeating Koloktos - Long, epic battle had my own heart pounding and Link's hearts dangerously low (1 or 2 more hits).

The Bad
3. Almost everything about Eldin Province - I'm not entirely sure if the region was actually poorly designed or if it's just because I don't generally like fire-themed regions. Exceptions include Din's Silent Realm which was quite challenging and enjoyable, and the second fight with Ghirahim.
2. Zelda making no sense during the plot twist
1. Pumpkin-toss and Bamboo mini-games - Had me fighting with controls instead of playing the game. Immersive experiences are supposed to make the controls invisible.

Eh, didn't put too much thought into this. I could have broken them up into different categories like 'story moments', 'gameplay moments', and 'experience moments' and there are a few that I didn't mention.

blue-eyes

Phoenix
BEST

5. Silent Realms: I loved these, and all of those moments when you just barely made it had me stressed out, yelling for Link to man up and run longer than he could. While I found these sometimes frustrating, I loved them too, with you not relying on weapons, but speed and your ability to plan out paths (I just went for it, and I payed the price by having to try a few times to get it right) I also loved that you were reward, not only with what you needed to progress, but with the memories of rolling under a guardian attack to finish the Silent Realm. My only problem with it was it was kinda creepy beingthe only one there and making all of the noise.

4. Getting And Using The Bow: I loved this item to death, and found it so much fun pulling it back, squinting down my Wii controller like it would help my aim and firing, shooting any and everything. It my first priority when I started upgrading, and it was worth it.

3. Time Shift Stones: Well, when I got to the first stone in the middle of the clearing, I had no idea what the heck it was, so me being, well me, I pushed the cart to the door until I got frustrated and went to see what the big rock thing was. I loved these things, even though I spent 5 minutes pushing an automated cart. I used these things to my advantage, sometimes turning them off and sneeking up on an enemy. I still wonder how it works, as in do the creatures from the past only see the past, and you suddenly appear, or do they see the desert around them? (I won't dwell to much into that, that kind of stuff is for the theories section)

2. Ghirahim: I love fighting him, with the flying knives, teleporting, and dual swords. Having to almost trick him when you fight, him stealing your sword and chucking it at you, and again, he teleports. The final fight, with him going all MMA fighter on you, it was interesting. Jumping down and using gravity to stab him in the chest was amazing, although he was teh one boss I had to use a guide for . (Hitting his Anti-skyward strikes back at him? Insane) I attacked relentlessly, , then tried to stab him without stunning him.

1. Final Battle: The setting was amazing, and honestly, I was up, swing my arms like an idiot, trying not to get stabbed. The best part? Freaking lightning attacks. That final blow, with Link leaping high into the air with lightning striking the sword right before the hit? Best Zelda moment ever

Extra: I loved the fact I didn't ruin the bosses or the ending at all.

Worst

5. My Experience With Saving: I loved the statues in SS, and apparently, it prevents cheating (I think JJ told me that) with saves somehow, but my problem was my Wii Motion Plus was broken. I was playing, and every once in a while, it would say it disconnected with the Wii Remote. I ignored that and played for maybe 30 minutes to an hour without saving before the point of no return: It completly stopped working. In Eldin. A mere 10 feet away from me saving. I tried and tried and tried, but I couldn't make it there to save, so saving irritated me for a while after.

4. Freaking Notifications: These contentiously got on my nerves, worst than in TP.

3. Imprisoned: I hated fighting him every time, and does anyone else agree he looks like an evil pineapple to start? Anyone?

2. Night: Don't get me wrong, I loved nighttime, but they didn't do enough with it. C'mon. You're Link, owner of the Master Sword, but you can't fly to another island or go to land at night? Seriously?

And my least favorite part/thing in Skyward Sword is: The Music! Just kidding, that was amazing. My actual least favorite moment/thing in Skyward Sword was:

1. RECALIBRATING: With my love of the sword fighting and the archery, I did get really into it, jumping and spinning and lashing. Hard. After all of this, the Wii Motion Plus got uncalibrated from center, so I had to re-center it. It wasn't a big deal, just annoying to do every couple minutes/30 seconds.

Aerauro67

That God of Yellow Foxes
For me:

Best
1. The battle against Bilocyte (I don't know why)
2. The battle against Koloktos
3. The whole Fire Sanctuary experience
4. Getting past the Bokoblins and learning the Song of the Hero from Eldin
5. Battling Ghirahim

Worst
1. Battling The Imprisoned
2. Battling Tentalus
3. The whole Sky Keep experience
4. When Zelda gets sent to the Earth via that dark tornado
5. Farin's Challenge

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I honestly can't choose just five of my favorite Skyward Sword moments, but here's a few anyways in no particular order:
Watching the Godesses' Sword evolve into the Master Sword: Once you finally hear that iconic music playing, you know that you truly are the hero that will save all.
Beating one of the Silent Realms with a second to spare: This happened to me in Skyloft. I finally collected all the tears, and was happily making my way back, when one slip of the controller nearly costed it all. The Guardians awoke, and began to chase me down. Not thinking, a foolishly used all my stamina a few feet away from the beacon. I sluggishly made it, just before a Guardian attacked me. I'm not going to lie, it felt pretty good.
Using a Timeshift Stone for the first time: With just one slash of a sword, a barren landscape quickly transformed into a beautiful and functioning mine. It was pretty magical.
Defeating Demise/The Ending: I personally liked Demise as the final battle, and I thought the way lightening was incorporated into the final blow was phenomenal. The ending of the game was also beautiful. I don't know how they do it, but I always get teary-eyed when it's time to say goodbye, despite the fact that I know well in advance that this is going to happen.
Romance: I really enjoyed the connection between Link and Zelda is this game. As a player, it made me truly want to save Zelda, not because I'm the hero and it's my duty, but actually because I wanted to. All the cutscenes with these two made me squeal like a little fangirl, especially when Zelda awakens from her slumber.
Character Expressions: From watching Ghirahim dance, to seeing Rupin's face when you look at, but do not purchase items from him makes me laugh every time. The Zelda series never fails to create zany character with interesting personalities. It's these little moments that add to the overall experience.
Finally obtaining a traditional item such as the Bow & Arrows, or Hookshot/Clawshot: Badadaduuuuum!

Of course I could go on, but I'll move onto the bad. I actually do have a Top 5 list for this one, though it was hard to come up with five things I actually disliked about this game.
5. Use of the harp: I don't really dislike this, I just wish there were more times you could use the harp outside of when you actually needed to. Sure you can play it by butterflies to make hidden objects appear, I just wish there were other uses or powers to it.
4. Protecting Scrapper on Eldin: So, despite the fact that Scrapper is constantly rude to me and tells me to get out of the way, I now have to protect him? Yea, that sounds like fun.
3. Having to prove myself to the Water Dragon on multiple occasions: She says that I finally look like the hero, then she states that she can't give the location of the flame to every hero that strolls into her forest. Apparently helping her the first time wasn't enough of a test. I actually enjoyed collecting the Tadtones, I just found the whole reason behind it slightly annoying.
2. The Imprisioned: I didn't mind fighting him the first time. I actually found it kind of amusing seeings how the weak point was his toes, instead of an eye or something along those lines. Although I did find launching myself at him via a cannon kind of awesome, fighting him three times was not that enjoyable.
1. Having to see the description of every treasure multiple times: Yea, I already have 37 Amber Relics, I think I know what they are by now.

All of these "bad moments" are just minor things I didn't care for in the game. I fully enjoyed my gaming experience with Skyward Sword. :)

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
5. My Experience With Saving: I loved the statues in SS, and apparently, it prevents cheating (I think JJ told me that) with saves somehow, but my problem was my Wii Motion Plus was broken. I was playing, and every once in a while, it would say it disconnected with the Wii Remote. I ignored that and played for maybe 30 minutes to an hour without saving before the point of no return: It completly stopped working. In Eldin. A mere 10 feet away from me saving. I tried and tried and tried, but I couldn't make it there to save, so saving irritated me for a while after.

Wait, so your nunchuk stopped working? That's weird. Did you try unplugging it from the Wii Remote and plugging it back in before turning the game off?

1. RECALIBRATING: With my love of the sword fighting and the archery, I did get really into it, jumping and spinning and lashing. Hard. After all of this, the Wii Motion Plus got uncalibrated from center, so I had to re-center it. It wasn't a big deal, just annoying to do every couple minutes/30 seconds.

Not trying to start a confrontation, but if you had to recalibrate that often, you were probably doing something wrong. Either that or you have some sort of interference going on with the Wii MotionPlus.

F

Fierce Ro

I think the game really did great with the controls i hadn´t any problem with them always calibrating each time you turn of the remote but anything bad really
my top moments i will say that
1. The search of the triforce in sky keep it was epic and the rooms where they were, are awesome, I just think that a battle in those rooms would have fit perfectly.
2. The battles with girahim but i think the last one could have been more dificult.
3. The moment when zelda finish to upgrade the master sword Just epic.
4. The battle with Demise
5. Groose was just PERFECT.

I think that the only things that I didnt like was the pirate in the dessert stuff didnt like and The most annoying thing in the game was definitively the BLUE DRAGON... for me never liked her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom