• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Top 5 Favorite Games

~Kilza~

The Resting Sun
Honestly, this is one of my favorite topics to ask people. We've all played a variety of games, and so we each have our own idea of which games that we love above all the rest that we've played. These top 5 lists manage to produce some interesting results, so I'm definitely curious to see the lists that'll get posted here. Feel free to add reasoning to your list if you wish!

For me, my top 5 is:
1) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64)
2) Skies of Arcadia: Legends (GCN)
3) A Hat in Time (PC)
4) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U)
5) Metroid Prime (GCN)

5. Shadow of the Colossus
A melancholy yet hopeful game with amazing sense of scale and beauty.

4. Metroid Prime
The best Metroid game. Amazing music, amazing level design and proof that witchcraft exists that you could take 2D Metroid and have it feel no different as a first Person adventure game.

3. Nier Automata
Incredible, incredible, incredible. Oh my god the feels and the music. <\3

2. Super Mario Odyssey
A true classic, it makes me happy from beginning to end. A rare feat indeed.

1. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
My soul game. I love it, love it, love it!

Fite me, haters.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild has seriously divided my life into a before and after.
2. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was everything I ever wanted in a video game until BotW came along.
3. Metroid Prime means so much to me it's tattoo-worthy.
4. Undertale
made an emotional impact on me in a way very few stories do.
5. Life Is Strange gave me something I though was lost forever.

Honorable Mentions: Final Fantasy VI, VII, IX, Ocarina of Time, Shadow of the Colossus.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
5. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
My first Zelda and still forever my favorite. One of my earliest Gamecube games and games I ever was truly invested in.

4. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
2021 update, good game

3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
This game bleeds nostalgia to me in every single way. As dated as it might feel playing it today, I just can never shake it from being my favorite GTA.

2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
It's funny, I can go on and on about why I love MGS4 or any of these other games, but not MGS3. It's just....I played it a lot and I love it.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles
This game was like nothing I've ever played before. I jokingly say that this is the peak of humanity but when I was playing through it, I honestly thought "I can't believe a game this good exists." I played it before its popularity boom in 2014 so it really felt like I uncovered a gem that only a certain amount of people were aware of. Truly a defining piece of my life [it was also right after high school when I played it].

Last edited:
5. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
My first Zelda and still forever my favorite. One of my earliest Gamecube games and games I ever was truly invested in.

4. Super Smash Bros Brawl
I lost 4 years of my life to this game. From my initial hype coming off of Melee to this, til the end where my Wii literally died right in a middle of a match in 2012, it'll always remain a special game to me.......also Project M.

3. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
This game bleeds nostalgia to me in every single way. As dated as it might feel playing it today, I just can never shake it from being my favorite GTA.

2. Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence
It's funny, I can go on and on about why I love MGS4 or any of these other games, but not MGS3. It's just....I played it a lot and I love it.

1. Xenoblade Chronicles
This game was like nothing I've ever played before. I jokingly say that this is the peak of humanity but when I was playing through it, I honestly thought "I can't believe a game this good exists." I played it before its popularity boom in 2014 so it really felt like I uncovered a gem that only a certain amount of people were aware of. Truly a defining piece of my life [it was also right after high school when I played it].

You had me right up until number 1 :p

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
You had me right up until number 1 :p
it ain't a flawless game, it be looking like a 2005 ps2 game, and the voice acting while good in some parts are really laughable in others, but as a whole it captivated me throughout the game, I grinded for the pure fun of it and I never wanted it to end
either way that's how I felt at the time I played it at least

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
1) The Witcher 3 - This is the best open world fantasy RPG I have played and we'll the best game I have played. It's got a perfect mix of seriousness and humour it's got scary bits, it's got light-hearted bits and it's all round captivating.

The vast open world is beautiful to look at. Particularly in Skellege and Toussaint. The gameplay is solid, with no annoying features. You are encouraged to complete side quests to level up as simply killing enemies does not give you that much XP ensuring the game isn't a grind fest. Not that you need encouragement to do the quests anyway as they are so varied with each character having their own story to tell and there is usually an intriguing reason to help the quest giver.

The main story is great as well as the side quests and it always seems important and integrated well into the whole experience rather than being overshadowed.

The cast of characters is fantastic. All the voice actors did a wonderful job of converting the characters emotions and bringing them to life.

Soundtrack is just 10/10. Hollywood calibre. It fits perfectly and many pieces of music are listenable to and enjoyable to hear even outside of the game.

The DLC is done exactly as DLC should be done. Loads of freebies and as for the paid stuff. It's not overpriced and what you get for it is more content that you get in some single player games. And it's just DLC! Blood and Wine could have actually been a standalone game and it would have been amazing too. And as for Hearts of Stone, whilst not providing a new world like B&W it had a story even better than the Witcher 3's main quest. Next level storytelling there and one of the best villains in gaming.

2) Nier Automata - My second favourite game. Because of the pestering of @Spirit and @Link Floyd I decided to get this game. So thank you for the pestering.

It's got fun gameplay but it's the characters and emotional story which made this such a great and unforgettable experience.

I must also praise the outstanding soundtrack!

3) The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Ocarina of Time was just a masterpiece. It still is all these years later. I'm not even sure if it was all intentional considering the different views for what the direction of the game should be held by the creators but they made something truly special with this.

It's got humour, light-heartedness and whimsy. It's also I would say the second darkest entry in the series behind Majora's Mask. Perhaps even it's equal. Yes it's got horror, and scary creatures but every sage sacrifices their old lives and everything they had in the fight against Ganon. And a child's innocence is lost.

OOT felt like a living world taking the player on a range of emotions and to many different places. Each having the perfect accompanying piece of music, enhancing the feel of each place. The ice caverns bell music making the player feel cold. The ethnic instruments and strings used in the spirit temple creating a warm exotic feel.

This game spent a lot of time in my childhood thoughts and got me into a lot of other fantasy series and inspired my creativity. I wouldn't be who I am today without OOT

4) The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - It was hard to decide between this and OOT. It takes the essence of OOT (which I consider to be the essence of what Zelda should be) and made something bigger and in some ways better. With Midna it took character building and writing in Zelda to the next level and we haven't really seen anything like it since. The bosses were great, there was good enemy variety. We had the best portrayal of the Goron tribe with many unique looking Gorons and an interesting setup. (Which they completely got rid of in BoTW!!!)

I'm gonna put it below OOT because it's too easy and it has the sky symbol and city in the sky which I dislike a lot. There isn't anything in OOT which I dread to that extent.

I like the darker games. Tp is gloomy but it doesn't get quite as dark as OOT or MM. Still got the great Zelda humour and possibly the best, most listenable soundtrack in the series.

5) The Last of Us - I really got invested into the unforgettable story and characters of this game. I loved the mushroom zombies, that was a really interesting take on them and I have had many nightmares about clickers since playing so it certainly did its job as a horror!

LegendOfMeesh

You Are The Light
1- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. My favorite game of all time. It’s hard to imagine another game ever coming along and taking its place as number one. Yeah, I might hate the City in the Sky.. but that’s not enough to knock this game down from number one. I adore the first three dungeons in the game. The music throughout is top notch. Midna is one of my favorite characters in the whole series. I love the dark and dramatic theme the game has. Just too many reasons to love it!

2- Another Code: Two Memories. I absolutely love everything about this game, especially the story. The only thing wrong with this game is that it’s way too short. It’s easily playable in just one sitting, but so so enjoyable.

3- The Legend of a Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I bought this game two months after it was released along with a Wii U. At the time, I was in a deep depression after losing my cat Sarah. I was able to lose myself in this game, and it really helped me to get through one of the hardest times of my life. It will always have a special place in my heart. I think we can all agree that this game has its flaws, but I love so many things about it. This game also has the most beautiful world that I’ve ever seen, by a long shot.

4- Shenmue. This game is sentimental to me because when my older brother bought it for his Dreamcast, I used to watch him play. After some time, he taught me how to play and I went through the game on my own. I find this game to be super unique- I’ve never come across another game like it. From the story to the gameplay, it’s truly one of a kind.

5- Pokémon Diamond. I’ve replayed this game multiple times, and it never gets old to me. This generation is in a sweet spot for me- not too old with boring graphics, but not too new and uninteresting either. I have a lot of fun playing this one.. It also has my favorite map of the games as well.

And some honorable mentions, in no particular order...
-Pokémon Snap
-The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
-Donkey Kong Country
-Super Mario World
-Assassin’s Creed 3
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Super Mario 64
-Yoshi’s Island
-Pokémon Crystal
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
-Rush

1- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. My favorite game of all time. It’s hard to imagine another game ever coming along and taking its place as number one. Yeah, I might hate the City in the Sky.. but that’s not enough to knock this game down from number one. I adore the first three dungeons in the game. The music throughout is top notch. Midna is one of my favorite characters in the whole series. I love the dark and dramatic theme the game has. Just too many reasons to love it!

2- Another Code: Two Memories. I absolutely love everything about this game, especially the story. The only thing wrong with this game is that it’s way too short. It’s easily playable in just one sitting, but so so enjoyable.

3- The Legend of a Zelda: Breath of the Wild. I bought this game two months after it was released along with a Wii U. At the time, I was in a deep depression after losing my cat Sarah. I was able to lose myself in this game, and it really helped me to get through one of the hardest times of my life. It will always have a special place in my heart. I think we can all agree that this game has its flaws, but I love so many things about it. This game also has the most beautiful world that I’ve ever seen, by a long shot.

4- Shenmue. This game is sentimental to me because when my older brother bought it for his Dreamcast, I used to watch him play. After some time, he taught me how to play and I went through the game on my own. I find this game to be super unique- I’ve never come across another game like it. From the story to the gameplay, it’s truly one of a kind.

5- Pokémon Diamond. I’ve replayed this game multiple times, and it never gets old to me. This generation is in a sweet spot for me- not too old with boring graphics, but not too new and uninteresting either. I have a lot of fun playing this one.. It also has my favorite map of the games as well.

And some honorable mentions, in no particular order...
-Pokémon Snap
-The Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
-Donkey Kong Country
-Super Mario World
-Assassin’s Creed 3
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Super Mario 64
-Yoshi’s Island
-Pokémon Crystal
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
-Rush

Wonderful to see some Another Code love <3

Hmm... It's quite a thinker, but I'll keep it one game per franchise.

Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Sonic Heroes
Mario Superstar Baseball
Fallout New Vegas

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I already have a list for my top 10 so I’m just gonna post that

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask
2. Dark Souls
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Bioshock
5. Fallout: New Vegas
6. Stardew Valley
7. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
8. Super Mario Sunshine
9. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
10. Silent Hill 2

Oh man, this is quite the thinker, you see I already have the top three, but there's so many good ones.

So first let's start from the top:

Number 1.) My favorite Zelda game, Twilight Princess HD, this game has a soft spot in my heart, but it also has a sour spot. My mother died while I was playing this game, and I made it my life's goal to beat it. It wasn't until I joined to ZD that I beat it. I couldn't have done it without you guys.

Number 2.) Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door, this game also has a sour spot in my heart. It was the last game me and my mom played together. This game always keeps me on my toes, there's so many random things that could happen and totally in your run. It's a lot of chaotic fun even though it's a one-player game, and it's rare for me to enjoy something that chaotic.

Number 3.) SpongeBob SquarePants in: Battle for Bikini Bottom, this game has a soft spot in my heart, and thankfully no sour spot. It's the first game I ever beat 100% in my entire life. I was so proud when I did it too. It's such a great game, and despite being based on a cartoon character, it's still hella fun playing this game. From the gameplay to the references, everything is just so perfect.

Number 4.) Now this one and the next one is going to be a real thinker, but I'm going to have to say Pokémon Colosseum for number 4. If it wasn't for this game, I wouldn't be the Pokémon fan I am today. This game has kept me engaged for longer than any other Pokémon game, and I still play to this day.

Number 5.) I'm going to have to go with Kingdom Hearts II. A perfect and engaging intro, and once you get to the meat of the game, it's hella fun. Not to mention I got this game at a rough time in my life, and this game helped me get through it all, (Damn Middle School.).

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
My favorite games ever (which means that they are totally objectively the best games ever and those who think otherwise are big poopyheads) are:

5. A tie between Minecraft and Smash Ultimate.

Minecraft is just pure fun. I swear I’m not one of those 13 year old kids who will defend it to death because it definitely is a game that just isn’t for everyone. But good lord is it a fun game for the rest of us.

Smash Ultimate is easily the best smash game ever. Up until now I’ve held the firm belief that every smash game was better than the last, but I’m having a really hard time believing that that trend will continue with smash 6. My only real complaint is that the story mode gets boring really quickly, but that alone is nowhere near enough to ruin this masterpiece of a game.

4. Pokémon
Just Pokémon in general. Most of the games are so similar that I just kinda pile them together. However if I had to pick one gen it would be gen V, specifically black white 1. The story and characters are unrivaled, the music is some of the best in the series, and it introduced some of the coolest and most unique Pokémon ever. I honestly wouldn’t be mad if they skipped making a sinnoh remake and went straight for unova.

3. the Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask
This game is pure art. This game may not be my favorite, but by god I will defend this game to death as the greatest game ever made. This game is nearly flawless in every way, even improving in places Ocarina of Time faltered in. I don’t think that there will ever be a game greater than Majoras Mask.

2. the Legend of Zelda: the Windwaker
This is easily the second best Zelda game out there. The Windwaker is what Zelda is all about. Just like Majoras Mask the Windwaker did something new with the series while also keeping in line with its roots. It was the perfect continuation of Ocarina of Time, making the world new yet incredibly familiar. The only reason this is above Majoras Mask is because I was going through something very hard in my life, and Windwaker is what got me through that. Otherwise I’d put this just a tad bit below it.

1. Super Mario Galaxy
This game is only #1 because of nostalgia, otherwise it’d be at #3. I firmly believe that this is the best 3D Mario, if not the best Mario game in general. The entire game felt less like an adventure and more like an epic. The tone of the game was rather dark for Mario’s usual standards. The world building was amazing, and it introduced Rosalina, who is easily the best character in the series. The soundtrack is the best soundtrack in gaming, dare I say the best in media. Call me nostalgia blind but I don’t think there will ever be a game that surpasses Super Mario Galaxy in my eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom