• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Thoughts on the New Zelda Wii U

jamezrockz98

Link rockz like me. Yay!!
So we all know that there will be a new Legend of Zelda Game coming out for the Wii U. We don't know what's it about, where it will fit on the timeline or name. What do you think will happen? What do you think the name of it will be. In this thread, you can express all of your ideas. I think looking at the graphics that it may be a sequel to TP which I think would be awesome. So what do you guys think?

Ok, first things first, those graphics you've seen are not Zelda Wii U, they are just a tech demo showing what the Wii U could do. It is a scene from TP with high def graphics, any actual Wii U Zelda game may have a completely different graphical style (of course, they might not, but we don't know yet).

Anyway, I think it is much to early to speculate on this game, I mean we haven't had any information at all about it, it could be anywhere in the timeline and anything could happpen.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I'd really like to see the WiiU controller used as a 1:1 shield ratio. It'd add much more diversity to the combat, as enemies would actually be angling their attacks rather than having generic attacks that can always be blocked. As far as the story goes, I think it's highly possible we'll see the Seal War come into play.

geek4887

The Unknown
I made a thread about this already, oh well.

Anyways, I really think that it's pretty cool if they use Twilight Princess' graphics on this new console :D Man, did you guys see what the WiiU could do?! Hopefully, though, they don't pull another Wind Waker on us. Not that I'm saying that I don't like Wind Waker's graphics, but still, those kind of surprises should be saved until we're quite comfortable with what the WiiU will offer. As to JJ's statement of how he wants a Seal War game, I second that! I'm really curious as to what happens between Twilight Princess and A Link to the Past. :hmm: Oh, I was wondering if the gameplay will go back to the classic 3D Zelda style, or will it still be motion-based? An option to use either might be cool for a new Zelda game. After Skyward Sword, I can't wait what Nintendo has for us next.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Anyways, I really think that it's pretty cool if they use Twilight Princess' graphics on this new console Man, did you guys see what the WiiU could do?! Hopefully, though, they don't pull another Wind Waker on us. Not that I'm saying that I don't like Wind Waker's graphics, but still, those kind of surprises should be saved until we're quite comfortable with what the WiiU will offer. As to JJ's statement of how he wants a Seal War game, I second that! I'm really curious as to what happens between Twilight Princess and A Link to the Past. Oh, I was wondering if the gameplay will go back to the classic 3D Zelda style, or will it still be motion-based? An option to use either might be cool for a new Zelda game. After Skyward Sword, I can't wait what Nintendo has for us next.

I agree with what you said there about the TP art style and I also desire a seal war game. The other thing I would like is a great flood game that is a prequel to the wind waker. As well as depicting the flooding itself it could also go into detail about how Ganon's power was sealed away with the master sword.

geek4887

The Unknown
I agree with what you said there about the TP art style and I also desire a seal war game. The other thing I would like is a great flood game that is a prequel to the wind waker. As well as depicting the flooding itself it could also go into detail about how Ganon's power was sealed away with the master sword.

Yup, that would be cool, too. Sometimes, the Zelda backstories create even more confusion if you think too deeply about them. :?

I don't think a game can be set at the time of the great flood. In the intro to Wind Waker it says that Ganon broke free of his seal and that, this time, no hero appeared to save Hyrule, which is why it was flooded. As there was no hero at the time, there can't be a game set there.

Anyway, I do like the idea of a game set during the imprisoning war, it could also help to fill a gap in the timeline.

From the trailor and tech-demo, it looks like an amazing game. But I'm going to go in depth further on the title, items, HD effects, Wii U action, Wii U controller, and a whole lot more.

When we first saw the tech-demo of the Zelda Wii U at E3 2011, fans went ballistic. But we now know that there will be a new Zelda game for the new Wii U. I have some ideas and thoughts on this so let's get started. First, I'm going to talk about the HD graphics. This new Zelda game will run in 1080p HD! For those of you who have no idea how good 1080p HD is - It's pretty top notch. The HD, in my opinion, looks beautiful. Link just looks awesome. So if you want to see just how freakin epic it is, just look here at the site or on YouTube, you can just search Zelda Wii U...

Alright now we have the HD, but what else is there? There is the trailor of course. The E3 trailor (or tech-demo) showed us Link fighting the boss of some dungeon. You'll see a fairy flying around which many fans think is Navi from Ocarina of Time. But I personally think otherwise. Anyway if you saw some crap about this on YouTube you'll notice the map has Link's face instead of a yellow arrow. Also it has a boss skull for that and a camera for which way you're facing. It's pretty cool but there is more stuff greater than this. We also saw the light changing button on the Wii U controller which allows you to control the lighting of the game - bright or dark. I don't know if this will be in the actual game but it's still in the tech-demo. Since we have only seen a glimpse of the game I can't give you a lot of information, but I can share my thoughts and opinions.

So they've announced the Wii U Zelda game, now what is it going to be called? Fans have been calling it Zelda Wii U for now (like the did Skyward Sword with Zelda Wii.) But what will its official title be. Here are my thoughts on a title... Alright so how about - I've got nothing... Sorry but there is just not enough information for me to give it a title. For all I know it could be called The Legend of Zelda: Wii U... yeah so sorry...

In the tech-demo Link has a Hylian Sheild but is not holding the Master Sword (well he might but it does'nt look like it.) He fights this Ghoma looking boss and we see a little action. There is Keese flying around with little ponds of water (which looks amazing.) You can also switch from the TV to the Wii U controller (of course) and play on that as well. As from what we know the Wii U has motion control abilities. Will we see this in Zelda Wii U... Maybe but probably not. Why? Because what if your lazy dad watches ESPN for 4 hours and you need the motion compatibility to complete the game. But your dad won't let you have the TV. I mean you might be able to use motion control on the Wii U controller but, personally, I would like to do it on the TV instead. Another thing is the Wii U controller while playing on the TV. We know it will hold the map and items subscreens but what will we see else on it? Only time will tell.

geek4887

The Unknown
So, basically the WiiU is just a cooler, bigger, badder version of the Nintendo DS? :? Sorry, but that was sort of off topic, anyways, TP's art style WILL work great on this platform. If Nintendo doesn't pull another Wind Waker on us, I will buy the system just for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom