• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Your Thoughts on the Final Trial (5th Divine Beast)

I'm not sure why, but the DLC dungeon ends up not being discussed much, even in threads dedicated to BotW's dungeons in general, or the Divine Beasts in particular. For those who played it - and I'm assuming most people here bought the DLC - what did you think of the final dungeon?

Was it worse, about the same, or better than the other Divine Beasts?

What did you think of Maz Koshia?

Why do you think this dungeon flies under the discussion radar?

Last edited:
I didnt like the final Beast. It wasnt even a beast. It was a long room with other rooms on the side. The puzzles weren't very inspired and it was over very quickly.

Maz was okay, at least he was a little interesting... though he reminded me of a croas between Zant and Ghirahim as far as his attacks went.

And why did the monks have a motorbike? How long did they have that? Couldn't they have given it to Link 100 year ago? Probably could have outran that Guardian...

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I thought it was really good and very satisfying to complete. My only issue with it was the description of it. The game called it a complex labyrinth, and it.... is not. It's very straightforward. It's literally one room with four branching rooms. That's not an issue for me since BotW's dungeons are more about puzzles and less about getting through some long cavern or whatever, so it fit right in all the same. I really enjoyed the puzzles it offered and it challenged me quite a bit with some of them. Maz Koshia is probably the best fight in the game, it was very intense and exciting. And I love the Master Cycle a lot. I thought all of the DLC content was phenomenal.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
It was kinda... not up to description? On the other hand, I can understand why they kept it so simple, since Nintendo really doesn't add a lot of content through DLC. They're not Bethesda, BioWare, or EA.

But, I found it refreshing compared to some of the others.

Ninja

Well well well
I really enjoyed the whole experience and the boss fight at the end was really cool. I wish there was more unique bosses in the game like this one.

Right, as some of you mentioned this wasn't really up to description as a Divine "Beast" (or a complex labyrinth for that matter) but was actually a Divine "Engine." It's four rooms where cylinders and the main room was the drive shaft, making the layout of this dungeon to be the Master Cycle Zero's engine. On that note, I enjoyed that even entering each room required solving a gear related puzzle, which was thematically on point.

This dungeon also had a better enemy presence than the Divine Beasts, in terms of escalating guardian encounters in the main room. Maz Koshia was also the most fun of all the boss encounters in the game, imo, so overall this was my favorite dungeon experience in BotW.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It kinda wierded me out to be honest i enjoyed the boss fight and i like that it's repeatable but it felt like it was trying to emulate the door from WW ganon's castle where it required 4 locks to open this one just added in trying to solve it in multiple dimensions instead of killing things

MW7

I actually found it relatively more confusing than the other Divine Beasts, which other than the camel were pretty simple. Overall it was enjoyable and the boss fight was the coolest in the game in my opinion. I think boss fights are dumb generally, but this was really different from the narrow theme of the other bosses in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom