• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Your Thought's on Stone Tower Temple.......

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
On my play-through of Majoras Mask i have just completed the Stone Tower Temple which is said to be one of the hardest and best Dungeons in the series and i couldn't agree more!

I have played Majoras Mask before but i only got as far as Snowpeak but playing through the game a couple of years later i really enjoyed the game and i went into Stone Tower Temple blind. To be honest i didn't think the Dungeon was that hard but certainly one of the hardest out of the 3D Dungeons. The main thing that stood out to me was just the design of the Dungeon itself the fact that the whole Dungeon flips and it creates new and harder puzzles and for me this was one of the only 3D Zelda Dungeons that was actually filled with puzzles and some quite hard puzzles. The music really created an atmosphere in the Dungeon and its up there with the Forest Temple from OoT, the only downside was the boss which was one of the easiest ever!

But overall i think this was one of the best dungeons in the series and its up there with the Forest Temple from Ocarina of Time, i dont think its as hard as the likes of the water Temple but it certainly offered a challenge and i think that future Zelda games need to take note on what makes a good Zelda Dungeon.

What do you think about Stone Tower Temple?, was it the best in the series or the hardest?, or do you think different?..........

MW7

It would be my pick as the greatest 3d dungeon ever slightly ahead of the Forest Temple of Ocarina of Time. I agree with you that it's not super difficult but still offers a decent amount of challenge. The stray fairies were very challenging though especially the ones that required unlocking on one dungeon orientation and retrieving in the other. I really love global puzzles like the flipping mechanism. Several of my favorite dungeons have something like this- water levels in the Water Temple, time shifts in the Sand Ship, and the second through fourth dungeons of Majora's Mask each have some form of global puzzle. One of my other favorite things about the Stone Tower Temple is how it incorporated many of the items and transformation masks throughout the game in its puzzles. It was like a stereotypical final dungeon like Ganon's Tower in Ocarina of Time or Wind Waker, but it still maintained a unique identity unto itself. It was just very cool and well designed.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I don't know if it's my favorite temple in the series, but it's definitely my favorite temple in the game! The Stone Tower Temple was designed well, and offered new challenges due to the flipping aspect. It was a perfect ending temple, in my opinion, as it made the player use many different masks and items as they progressed. It is arguable that the Stone Tower Temple has the best music accompaniment in the series.

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
To me, the Stone Tower Temple is the greatest dungeon in 3D Zelda history. The design is magnificent and it's downright one of the most interesting dungeons in Zelda.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I agree with you in saying that the Stone Tower Temple is one of the best Zelda dungeons yet. The flipping of the entire dungeon creates more puzzles and makes the dungeon harder on a whole. But what I think really makes this dungeon harder is that the player needs to use all three transformation masks to complete the dungeon, instead of only one like with the other three dungeons. It is a large place and takes a long time to complete, which I always like in a dungeon. The boss wasn't that bad either, and was quite fun to fight. The atmosphere was without a doubt great. While I don't think the Stone Tower Temple is either the hardest or the best dungeon, there are many aspects that make this a great dungeon overall.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Stone Tower as well as Ikana kingdom is overflowing with mystery and possibility. That's what makes it one of the best temples in the series. If only there were some timeshift stones. Its music is depressing and encouraging at the same time, quite the contradicton, huh? And we seem to just sub-consciencely use our imagination to fill the holes the developers left for us. Not a lot dungeons do that anymore. Good post by the way.

tysonrss

Keyblade Master
The only problem I have with this temple is the time limit you have, making things very stressful.

While the mystery surrounding it and the themes of Stone Tower Temple are grand and elegant I have never personally found it to be that impressive of a dungeon. Sure it has a good layout but in MM I feel that it is repetitively lacking the feeling of a good dungeon. I remember playing it when it first came out and the one big shocker for me was the lack of a transformation mask in this section (I personally don't consider the Giant's mask a transformation mask due to it's only use being against Twinmold). I felt disappointed that they would leave the gimmick of the dungeon up to the Elegy of Emptiness, with some minor focus on the mirror shield/light arrows. I do enjoy the atmosphere of the dungeon being left to a giant mystery, although when I play it I feel as though I'm simply going through another section of the Spirit Temple from OoT which shares some themes and concepts. I'm not saying this temple was terrible by any means, it definitely has it's moments. That being said I often don't feel that game-play wise it deserves all the praise usually heaped onto it compared to the other dungeons in MM which I felt were somehow more original feeling.

Absolutely love Stone Tower Temple. Almost easily my favorite dungeon in Majora's Mask. The music, the story behind it, the dungeon itself and its mechanics... it's a brilliant dungeon, one of the best in the series to date.
I disagree with the notion of it being ridiculously hard; it was the only dungeon I did not have to use a guide entirely for on my first playthrough. Only once in one room did I have to consult a guide, whereas for the previous three dungeons, I had to be use a guide nearly every room. Personally, I find both the Great Bay Temple and Snowhead more difficult than the Stone Tower Temple.

...And having the stars beneath your feet is easily my favorite moment in Zelda to date.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
It's challenging, and i like the flip and how it makes you use so much of your items. I don't think it's one of the hardest 3d dungeons though. Its on the harder side, but it's not that hard.

And I personally didn't enjoy it as much as everyone else. The theme is pretty cool and the flip was clever, but that's pretty much all it has going for it. It didn't feel natural at all and it just sort of seemed like a chore to complete. Plus I hated the boss and didn't like that the light arrows and giant's mask are only used in that dungeon.

Idk it just didn't really wow me very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom