• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Thoughts on MJ.

who is this Michael J Jackson. is he Famous? would I know any songs he has sung?

No offense, but, PLEASE tell me you're kidding. He is the one who released the greatest selling album of all time in 1982. You've never heard of Michael Jackson?

I think i can say the man is very weird he showed up to court in pajamas saying he was having a slumber party

You might want to check your sources, because while he DID show up to court in pajamas, it had nothing to do with slumber parties.

I liked some of him music (like thriller, and who's bad, anne are you okay; I even used to like his movie Moonwalker when i was little), but I was never a fan.

I find it funny how society can somehow just forget about all those child sex allegations, and that time he held his little baby over the balcony like a maniac, and how he lived in never land and climbed up the tree saying he was Peter Pan - everyone forget about this when he died - suddenly he was a great person and a talented artists again.

"You're just ignorant" - MJ on South Park (That was a funny episode, haha)

I liked some of him music (like thriller, and who's bad, anne are you okay; I even used to like his movie Moonwalker when i was little), but I was never a fan.

I find it funny how society can somehow just forget about all those child sex allegations, and that time he held his little baby over the balcony like a maniac, and how he lived in never land and climbed up the tree saying he was Peter Pan - everyone forget about this when he died - suddenly he was a great person and a talented artists again.

"You're just ignorant" - MJ on South Park (That was a funny episode, haha)

Actually, Who's Bad and Annie are you Okay are not the names of the songs. the names are "Bad" and "Smooth Criminal."
No offense, but I LOATHE South Park, because it seems to be too.... Violent and has too much profanity, as well as they seem to have a poor grasp on what REALITY is. Also, you have your facts wrong. MJ did not climb a tree and say he was Peter Pan, but some people DID dub him Peter Pan in a way. And society NEVER forgot about those other things, they just knew that the allegations were false and as for the child, yes, he did hold it out over the balcony, but not like a maniac. I honestly might have done the same thing. Why? That's not important right now. PM me if you're really that interested in why. Also, you said "Again." almost as if he had STOPPED being a great person and talented artist. He always was a great person and talented artist, 24/7.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
At first I didn't care for him because of all the child molestation you heard about it, rather if it was true or not, which I don't believe it was. And for the longest time, I didn't know he sang some of the songs that he did, but when I realized it was him that sang them, I couldn't believe it and I love most of his songs now.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Grew up with his music and enjoyed it, still do. Heal the world still brings me to tears whenever I hear it. As far as music goes, he was a talented guy.

I think it's important to separate between the person and the artist. What someone does as a person doesn't change their music, but also someone's music doesn't change who they are as a person. Just because you're talented and successful, it doesn't make automatically make you a saint (nor does it automatically make you a villain, either). Those are two very separate issues. Sure, you may choose to boycott a product as a result of someone's behaviour as a person, as is your right as a person and a consumer, but ultimately whether you liked the product in the first place will be about the product, not who made it.

None of us know what actually did and didn't happen back then (apart from what was documented, like holding the baby over the balcony, climbing the tree in that documentary, and so forth) so no amount of arguing back and forth will settle that. But I think it's dangerous to make assumptions on the guilt/innocense of a person you don't know personally and a trial you didn't witness. If you say he's guilty and he wasn't, then you're persecuting an innocent person - if you say he's innocent and he wasn't, then you're disbelieving a victim. It's grim either way you look at it.

Most importantly, just because someone thinks something else of something you love, doesn't mean they are attacking you. I agree that giving you grief about it is wrong, but giving people grief about not agreeing with you is just as bad.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I fully agree with Miss Kitten here. I was a teen in the 80's and grew up with his music. I remember we were totally crazy about the album Thriller. Call him odd or weird or call him whatever you like but the fact is the man not only had a very tough life but was a musical genius. His music was very good. Not many of us can dance the way he did either without breaking a leg or two (at least I can't).

And about the person MJ, it's very hard to make a proper judgement. There is not enough evidence to convict him and many stories did conflict. I'm not going to say he abused children because we'll never know for certain. He did odd things yes but still there never has been a verdict with solid evidence. I thought he was a sad person and a bit of a nutcase in general but that doesn't mean he wasn't talented. And it won't stop me from listening to his music either.

Dan

I love Michael Jackson music. Especially some of the crazy music videos which were just as unique as his music. Anyway I agree that you really need to see a good piece of music for what it is. Even if a man committed the worse acts possible it wouldn't degrade the music. I guess it may leave a foul taste in some people's mind if the creator committed bit harsh acts.

Salem

SICK
I like his music, even these days, I sometime listen to his music.

However, I remember I funny story, the first time I ever saw him in TV, I asked "who's this woman?" my sister told me it's Michael Jackson, I felt kind of embarrassed. I dunno why I remember this, it's a dumb story.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Michael Jackson made amazing pop music and was a very talented singer and performer. Not really my type of music as such but I can appreciate it.

As a person? I have my own 'there's no smoke without fire' standpoint on this, but I don't think he was an evil guy. I think he was a very very troubled man who had a very unusual and difficult life. He was famous from extremely young, and obviously had a severe case of Peter Pan complex. With those kids, whatever did happen... I don't think he understood what he was doing might have been wrong, really. He seemed like a gentle person who sadly, had too many yes men around him and became so isolated from the rest of the world that he couldn't be saved. When I think about him, it seems he was trying to build a wall of as many ridiculous gimmicks and idiosyncracies around hismelf to deflect attention from who he was really, which is, I suspect, somebody who was very unhappy for an extremely long time.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I like the Sonic 3 soundtrack and when I hear his music, I enjoy it. I don't seek his music out, however.

As for Michael Jackson the person, he was strange and did some questionable things, but it's unfortunate his reputation was tarnished over claims which have since proven to have no real foundation. I'm not a fan of his music--it's mostly just inoffensive to me--so I can objectively say that the public lynching he underwent honestly makes me sick.

I think his music is great but I think he was a sad person to be honest with you, especially what he's dad did to him when his was a child.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom