• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Thoughts on Dragon Types

Love them. They're powerful and fast; I love having them as sweepers. Training them isn't too much of a bother for me - I have quite a lot of patience. As for the recent legendaries, I am fine with the legendaries being part dragon-type; I really do like dragons.

Fig

The Altruist
I like using Dragon types, but I suggest to anyone to never use a full team of Dragons. Why you may ask? You do not want to battle against a pokemon(specifically a water starter) that knows Ice-type moves. I should know, I'm always taking down trainers that use Dragon types with only my water starter.

A

ApokolipsNow

I think overall dragons are great but personally they've lost some of their allure in recent games. For the amount of dragons there are, too many are either legendary or pseudo-legendary and I think it shows a lack of imagination on their part to keep relying on Dragons to fill the role. I think the dragon-like Pokémon are quite interesting though, the ones like Charizard and Aerodactyl.

Don't get me wrong, I train dragons and they're fun to use, I just think they're being exploited in recent games (Garchomp, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina, Hydreigon, Haxorus, Zekrom, Reshiram, Kyurem...).

Dragon types are pretty epic. I would always love to have a dragon type on my team. Thing is dragon types either appear so late in the game that it wouldnt matter cuz I would already have a full team. Another reason would be dragon types take WAY TOO LONG to level up, so unless I have a bunch of rare candy, its probably not going to be in my elite four team. Maybe if Nintendo made dragon types earlier in ther game, I would of tried to train it.

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
One of my favorite things to do in every Pokemon game is to catch that one dragon type that takes a long time to evolve, and use it. I love dragon types. They look awesome, have great type resistance, and nice evolutions. The only problem is that 1 they don't have the BEST moves around. (I.E. Twister and dragon-breath after you have it for awhile.) And 2, they take FOREVER to evolve and raise.

Shikenshu

Hero of CEGEP
I have only 1 word concerning dragon type: OP! 1 fire move for god damned steel tye and you have won the game lol. Actually, what I said is really the truth about them, so, yeah, dragon pokémon are nice!

to be honest, i've always wanted to get a dragonite, but i would always get too lazy and never be able level it up. i do think dragon's are a type that is too overpowering, cuz they have so little weaknesses but they are still great pokemon

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
They don't have to be of the dragon type for me to consider them dragons. A legendary team that I used to sweep people with back in Gen IV(before they removed the option to use all six of your Pokemon at a standardized level) consisted of Aerodactyl, Charizard, Gyarados, Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp. It was undefeated, and spawned an arc of fan factions with them as the focus.

I love dragon pokemon. They can kick butt, look awesome, and are pretty good with attack stats. Personally I find it funny that what is super effective is ice, and of course, another dragon. (well played nintendo....well played). however, I am definitely a fan of water and fire, so dragon are used in my party mostly for power. (and I love bagon's dream of wanting to fly, so I always keep my salamance in my party.)

While some of the coolest pokemon are dragon-type, I do wish that they would stop using that typing for the legendaries in the newer generations. I like a mix of types to appear when it comes to the legendaries and the first three generations had a nice mix. I wouldn't want them to stray towards the psychic-type either though, since there are already too many of those around. I want for them to start using a variety of types of the new legendaries that appear in the next gen if there is one. It would help to mix up the Uber meta too.

Similar goes for the extremely powerful pokemon of each generation. So far we have seen Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Salamence, Garchomp and Hydreigon. Four of those six have a dragon-type as one of their two typings. I'd like to see other powerful pokemon appear that aren't of the dragon-type. A grass one would be nice to see since the way the 5th gen has turned the meta currently.

Last edited:

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Dragon types are always good! I find it fun to train them because it feels so worthwhile once you make it into an power house.

However all the legendary dragon types have started to take their toll. I find it boring to run into a dragon legendary these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom