• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Thoughts on Dragon Types

Dragon Master

Master of Dragon Pokemon
As you can tell in my user name I'm obssessed with dragon pokemon. I specialize in training and breeding dragon pokemon. I've admired them since the very beginning of pokemon, eventhough there were only three in the first season. I want to see everyone's opinions on dragon types. Are they your favorite type? If so why? Also I noticed that ever since Hoenn there has always been a dragon type legendary mascot. Has anyone else noticed this? Do you think Nintendo should continue this? Fan of dragon types or not all posts will be appreciated

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I do like the dragon types, but I never spent too much time training any of them, really. I remember desperately wanting a Dragonite in the first generation, but never got my hands on one. Gyarados was always a favorite. Someday I will hook a Feebas to get a Milotic!

CelticMagician

Phantom of Time
I love Dragon-type Pokemon, but I almost very rarely end up training one on my team. XD I just never seem to obtain one at the right point to integrate it into my team, save for my Rayquaza.

I have a handful of favourites, including Flygon, Reshiram, Rayquaza, Dragonair and Haxorus. They're often cool-looking for sure. :3

As for wether or not Nintendo should continue the featured Dragon-type legendary theme...I'm personally indifferent to it. Admittedly, I have the tendency to go for Pokemon based on aesthetics (though what Pokemon I end up using don't always follow that rule. XD; ), so as long as Nintendo continues to make their legendaries look appealing, I'm quite happy no matter the type. :3

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
Dragon types are awesome and always make it on my team.
They learn pretty much everything: Healing moves, Elemental moves, Punches, etc. There appearance and strength is very appealing, aswell, some of them even being Uber.
And I am very found of Dragons in real life, too. There aren't many Dragon Types, but despite that, it is hard to choose one for a team.

That's all I can say.

Yes, I like Dragon Types. In fact I always use one when battling my friends. What's annoying about them is that they take forever to evolve, I mean look at Deino, It doesn't evolve until lv 50, then you have to level up Zweilous to Level 64 to get Hydreigon, it's crazy! that's my only drawback about Dragon Types, other than that, they're awsome.

S

SkullduggeryKid

Dragon types are a great type overall, nice moves, stats, etc., but the just take to long to evolve...

D

Deleted member 6224

I like them but i dont get a chance to use them because when you get some of them its preety late in the game so i have my team already

TNinja

Of the Gorons
I love dragon pokemon, i always wanted to have a whole team of just only dragon pokemon, like all of them having dragon as there first type and then a different 2nd type for each one, but most dragon pokemon, especially the older generations, are mostly dragon/flying types. But all in all, dragon pokemon rock, especially Charizard who should be fire/dragon instead of fire/flying, but he's still a dragon type to me.

I think the dragon type is a little too overpowered, I really like Dragonite though, my favourite type would be elctric I think.

RHhylian

Guru-Guru's strange son
Dragon types are pretty awesome, but why takes it forever for them to evolve ? But the're so strong ! So strong that the only reason I always have a pokémon that can learn Ice Beam or Blizzard is to take care of Dragon types. On a sidenote: I've also never understand how Dragon is weak to ice.

Kevin

Original PD
Site Staff
Dragon Types have been my favorite types for a long type, notably Flygon is my favorite Pokemon. I feel like Dragons have taken over as mascots and I actually would like to see that change. Legendaries are not favored by me, and I'd like to see the need for a legendary dragon type to go. Something that looks like a dragon would be alright like Charizard, or Aerodactyl but the dragon mascots have become overplayed.

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
Dragon-type Pokemon are awesome pokemon above my favourite pokemon, which is Ghost-type pokemon. The legend of time and space dragon-type pokemon in Diamond and Pearl era of the Pokemon games are cool and have amazing back stories. I can't forget Garitina, Dragonite and other Dragon-type pokemon.

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Dragon types are awesome, their moves are strong , they have good stats and most of them look awesome. My Rayquaza is the main pokémon of my team, with my Latias comming in 3rd ( Kyogre in 2nd BTW ).

As for the dragon type legendarys ( as you may have guessed ) I enjoy them, but , I wouldn't mind some more non-dragon legends , there hasn't been a poison type legend yet have they. that might be good.

101hylainDin

I'm just MLG like that.
In that box at the other end of the hallway.
My entire team consists of ground or ghost types (2 all ready overpowered types), But if they made a ground/ghost and dragon, i would go through the entire game with a magikarp filling slot 6, even if i had to complete the rest of the national pokedex to get it and not use my masterball.

When I first started Pokemon, I was all for Water pokemon and then I started liking Psychic Pokemon. Lately I've getting into Dragon more, I like how they have such a proud sense in them self's, like they can do anything. It's just been so hard for me to find them, it's even hard to find the ones that are said to be in the area. But the feeling is good once you finally find them and catch them. Right now I have a Dragonair that I'm working turning into a Dragonite, I'm gonna be super happy when I get it there! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom