• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your thoughts about original LoZ

Zelda 1 sucks. It's easy to get lost, and the dungeons(especially the second one)are hard to find.

I don't know how people back in the day would have been able to figure things out without Nintendo Power to help them.
Second dungeon, how is that hard to find? It's right there in the green forest, not hidden or anything. Or did you mean in the second quest?

Just a bit of trial and error I guess how people beat the game. But mainly by following the hints in the game. The only dungeon I found hard to find and made me mad was the 7th. But that was just because I missed one clue which hinted the location of 7th dungeon. Every dungeon in the game is hinted at some level so it's not just getting lost and finding them by accident.

Second dungeon, how is that hard to find? It's right there in the green forest, not hidden or anything. Or did you mean in the second quest?
First Quest.
I can find the first and third dungeons, but not the second.

I don't remember seeing a green forest. Then again giving that Zelda 1 is only eight bits I might not have known that I was looking at a green forest.

First Quest.
I can find the first and third dungeons, but not the second.

I don't remember seeing a green forest. Then again giving that Zelda 1 is only eight bits I might not have known that I was looking at a green forest.
Well we explored. That's how we found dungeons back in the day. Its not hard to find at all.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend

Just a bit of trial and error I guess how people beat the game. But mainly by following the hints in the game. The only dungeon I found hard to find and made me mad was the 7th. But that was just because I missed one clue which hinted the location of 7th dungeon. Every dungeon in the game is hinted at some level so it's not just getting lost and finding them by accident.

I absolutely love the original LoZ, but even I always struggle to find dungeon 2, and I have no clue why. It should be easy to find but it just isn’t, at least not for me anyways.

I absolutely love the original LoZ, but even I always struggle to find dungeon 2, and I have no clue why. It should be easy to find but it just isn’t, at least not for me anyways.
Interesting. It shouldn't be hard to find. Hmm.. maybe there are some distractions after the first dungeon that lead player away from the second dungeon idk.
I drew a map while I was playing. I had a large piece of paper. It wasn't very detailed. It was more like a sketch. It was very simple but very handy. It made exploration a bit funnier also.

When I played AoL, I drew maps when I was in palaces, too

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Interesting. It shouldn't be hard to find. Hmm.. maybe there are some distractions after the first dungeon that lead player away from the second dungeon idk.
I drew a map while I was playing. I had a large piece of paper. It wasn't very detailed. It was more like a sketch. It was very simple but very handy. It made exploration a bit funnier also.

When I played AoL, I drew maps when I was in palaces, too
I don’t think it was anything distracting me... I’ve looked it up and it seems that a lot of people have this problem too. Maybe you can find it easily because you make a map. I’m just too lazy for that as I try to memorize the world, and oddly enough that’s the only place I don’t know the location of. I mean I know it’s in the woods but if I were walking along I couldn’t point it out to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom