• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Temples 'difficulty' List

Flagpole

I'm back!!
OK ok, I promise I won't do to many topics from now on.
Also, sorry if someone already made this topic.

Well, which is your temples 'difficulty' list?

Let's see...

FOREST TEMPLE:

The Forest Temple was the first place I considered a real challenge in OOT.
Mainly because the three child's dungeons are to easy (except for Jabu Jabu's Belly... it has a complex design if it's your first Zelda game!).
Before I got the Hero's Bow, I was COMPLETELY CONFUSED.
I didn't know where to go, or where to get any keys. I just found a complez 'pushing-blocks' puzzle, a room with some Stalfos and an 'outside room'.
When I encountered the first twisted thing, I was more confused... especially when I saw the twisted room and a strange blue chest...
When I got the Hero's Bow, I was even more confused...
Luckily, I managed to beat the temple.

FIRE TEMPLE:

Rescuing imprisoned Gorons? Boulders and fire mazes? This temple is crazy!
That's what I thought when playing the Fire temple.
It was something totally different than the Forest Temple.
There are a lot of rooms, most of them with switches to free Gorons... :mad:
This temple was very confusing until I beated it... Now I can beat it in a day.
When I entered the room with the wooden bridge, I was like "WOAH! THIS ROOM IS HUGE!
Surprisingly, it only leads to two or three rooms...
Probably, the part I've had most trouble with was the boulders maze and it's 'upper' part.
Well, the temple was fun yet challenging to me... Freeing Gorons wasn't as easy as I thought.

WATER TEMPLE:

This temple only took me... like 16 days the first time I played through it.
BUT! It is one of the easiest temples... If it wasn't for my firs playthrough, this temple would be number 4, not 3.
I'm replaying it, and, with little effort, I managed to reach Dark Link and beat it... Easy.
Now, I can't find any puzzling thing in it. I'm playing it without any memory of it, and its so easy.
People mistakes a puzzle with a big mess... The Water Temple has a lot of keys and rooms, plus you have to change the water level, but no puzzle.
Go, sink, beat this, grab a key, etc.

SHADOW TEMPLE:

Only took three holiday days...
The easiest temple to me.
The only hard thing is finding the real walls with the Lens of Truth.
This temple is only extremely hard if you don't have the Lens of Truth (maybe impossible?)
Not much to say here.

SPIRIT TEMPLE:

Took me two holidays days, but still harder than the Shadow Temple.
Plus it's more challenging because you have to play as a child and an adult.
Not much to say here, etiher...
The only puzzle that took me time to figure out was the Armos and switch thing...

So, my list would be:

1- Forest/Fire Temple
2- Spirit Temple
3- Water Temple
4- Shadow Temple

H

Hero0fTimeLink

Hmm. Well if we are talking about the first time I played it, it would have to be this

1.Fire Temple - it took me atleast 3 months. man idk i was so bad at this game XD
2.Water Temple- couldn't find enough keys!!
3.Shadow Temple - just scared of it and was afraid to play it at night lol
4.Spirit Temple - my favorite dungeon in the whole series pretty easy for me even at my first time
5.Forest Temple - idk why everyone says this temple is hard i thought of it to be rather easy.

If we were talking about it now it would be completely diffrent.

Let's see:

From hardest to easiest:

Forest Temple: Damn this was such a hard temple and the music scared the crap out of me... And that puzzle with timelimit, ARGH needed to do it like 22 times over! But the boss was quite easy.
Water Temple: It took soooo long... that was what bothering me and I was missing keys so I needed to check a walktrough which I wasn't planning to do.
Shadow Temple: When I played OOT I was really young so I was so scared off the wallmasters and just... yeah the whole temple lol. And Bongo Bongo was quite hard!!!
Fire Temple: Did actualy really enjoyed this temple and wasn't hard for me, took like 2 days to finish. Only the boss was bugging me.
Spirit Temple: Love this temple, love the bosses and the music is just AMAZING! It took only 1 day and this is still my favourite temple. But maybe a little to easy, but I wont complain about that fact.

Austin

Austin
1. Water Temple - gave me more headaches then I thought possible, iron boots really should have been a C button item
2. Shadow Temple - Very intimidating and had very difficult enemies. Still my favorite temple though.
3. Forest Temple - I can't really think of a solid reason, perhaps because it was the first temple I went through, it just seemed unreasonably hard.
4. Spirit Temple - Only took me an hour or so. Only difficult part would be going through it as a child.
5. Fire Temple - Very straight forward.

I never really found any boss fight in OoT especially hard, so that didn't really sway my opinion one way or another.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
1) Fire Temple, everything there looks the same.
2) Spirit Temple, also my favourite but there are some hard parts to it.
3) Water Temple, confusion with the water levels.
4) Forest Temple, easyyyyy.
5) Shadow Temple, even easier!

Linky

King of Twilight
1. Water Temple, two words. Iron Boots
2. Shadow Temple, just so confusing and so many ways to go, very hard for me to beat without walkthrough
3. Fire Temple, only annoying thing was finding all the gorons because I didn't know where to search
4. Forest Temple, not very challenging because it was straight forward, because the 4 torches made it obvious that you had to somehow light them from each room they were facing
5. Spirit Temple, I beat this so easily. There was rarely a different way to go and even if you went in the other room first it was ok and it would bring you back to the main room anyways. And everytime you needed a key it was pretty obvious on where to get it.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Easiest to Hardest:

Inside the Deku Tree
Inside Lord Jabu-Jabu
Inside Dodongo's Cave
~~~~
Spirit Temple
Fire Temple
Shadow Temple
Forest Temple
Water Temple

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Hardest to easiest:

Spirit Temple: I loved the temple itself, but the Child portion was such a major pain since it took forever to kill some of the enemies. It wasn't hard to beat them, but it took way too long.
Water Temple: For the sole reason that I played OoT after TP and thus the OoT underwater swimming system and Iron Boots drove me insane, compared to TP's underwater swimming system which I loved.
Fire Temple: It was big, lots of backtracking to different areas of the same room, I hate dealing with fire enemies in general.
Forest Temple: For the sole reason that during my first playthrough I forgot a key or two and spent a long time trying to find it. Otherwise it was fairly easy.
Shadow Temple: Despite the fact that I thought I would hate this temple, it was actually really fun in spite of the Redeads, killer traps, and creepy music. The only thing that gave me trouble was the invisible Floormaster.

Ikana

Trollkastel
Hardest to easy
Spirit Temple its my favorite out of all but I hated the kid part due to he was too weak to kill half of the enemys and would take forever
Shadow Temple I just hated it due to it was so scarey when I was a little kid
Fire Temple there was this one part that had this skinney path and if you fell you were put back at the main room.I can't remember much due to I havent played this game in two years
Water Temple Just couldn't find all the keys
Forest Temple was just too easy to me for some reason

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Hardest to Easiest
1. Forest Temple - One of two temples I've ever had to use a guide for in any Zelda games. The first time I played I tried to get a key early in the temple but kept having difficulties so I said I would come back later. I completely forgot about it. The second time I just couldn't figure out what to do a bunch of times. I think what Flagpole said is true. The transition from easy dungeons to complex temples thew me off.
2. Shadow Temple - The second temple I had to use a guide on. Redead freaked me out so everytime I entered a room I would be scared to try anything. Also things like using the lense of truth for treasure chests and shooting bomb plants.
3. Water Temple - I kept getting lost whenever I had to back track. I don't absolutely hate this temple like most people, but I would be straight up lying if I said it was completely easy.
4. Ganondorf's Castle - Knowing what to do in the other temples helped but once I got to the shadow part, I was scared. Plus I could figure out how to beat ganondorf until my brother told me.
5. Spirit Temple - This wasn't that hard to me. The only thing was getting to the final chamber as an adullt. Also I was a little scared because I thought it would be like the shadow temple.
6. Fire Temple - I had no trouble oging through this. It felt like going through a straight line to me.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
I'm going easiest first.

5. Spirit Temple
It was just easy

4. Fire Temple
It was a little tiny bit confusing

3. Shadow Temple
Creepiness, and a little hard. I lose a lot of hearts a lot in this place

2. Forest Temple
I get lost in here a lot. It's pretty hard.

1. Water Temple
I always am missing a small key. I always have to go searching out of my brain to find it, then figure out I need ANOTHER ONE!

D

Dinalfo

Here's what I've got.

~Forest Temple - I admit it was confusing at first but after I realized how important it is to CHECK every room, it became easier, especially the twisted hallway. It's better to have Farore's Wind because the first twisted hallway, you WILL need to return to it at some point of the temple instead of going all the way back.

~Fire Temple - Couldn't be any easier. The solutions were practically given to you in each inch of the temple, 'nuff said.

~Water Temple - Until I actually understood the hidden passage in the middle room of where the second water level is, everything became a joke to me, I felt like I was in the Fire Temple again.

~Shadow Temple - The ONLY annoying part of this temple were the Skulltula hallways. Again everything else was basically like Fire Temple. (Unless you completely forgot you had the Lens of Truth in the first place)

~Spirit Temple - My favorite temple without a doubt. I always feel a sence of accomplishment everytime I'm in the temple. Maybe because it was worth a challenge to play in the temple as both Young and Adult Link? Either way temple was easy though since again, the whole concept of feeling like you're in a Fire Temple again.

~Ganon's Tower - After many prior knowledge of every temple that was tackled off before, everything became a real piece of cake. Although, off-topic or not, after a quick view of TheZeldaDungeon's video walkthrough of Caleb saying that Nintendo may have thought of having a Wind Temple instead of Forest really got me to think and try to understand more about Forest Temple(OoT) and Wind Temple(WW) in comparison. Short and to the point, Ganon's Tower was a joke, nothing but quick two rooms in each barrier.

Difficulty List in order from Easy to Hard:
1. Fire Temple
2. Ganon's Tower
3. Spirit Temple
4. Water Temple
5. Shadow Temple
6. Forest Temple

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Let's see... I'll use descending order so the least challenging to the most challenging...

#5. The Fire Temple

This temple was actually a very easy dungeon. Although all the traps and whatnot give me a little grief from time to time (namely the fire maze and the rolling boulder room) the enemies were easy to figure out and with good use of Farore's Wind it was pretty easy. The boss had an okay difficulty (although in my latest playthrough he killed me!:() and was decently easy to figure out even though his attack power was really high. And like most of the temples in the game, this was rather linear.

#4. The Spirit Temple

The Spirit Temple was a rather linear temple. Granted I had to come back as a child and then as an adult, but it was still linear. The puzzles weren't exactly uber hard but they weren't exactly easy peasy either, which is good. They were kinda straightfoward in my opinion, but sometimes it was hard to excute them. The enemies were a joke and the boss wasn't that hard either. But they were annoying and that is why I place the Spirit Temple at #4.

#3. The Shadow Temple

This temple was linear but the challenge the enemies and excuting the puzzles made up for it. Basically it's linear as I previously stated and that means if you're deep into the temple, there's nothing in the previous parts. Although the guillateen (spelling) room was pretty straightfoward but easier said than done. The redeads and gibdos also made things kinda tricky (and yes I do know the Sun's Song trick) what with their immobilizing screams. The wind puzzle was also very hard to figure out on my first playthrough and it took me a while.

#2. The Forest Temple

The Forest Temple was one of the hardest dungeons in Zelda in my opinion. After all, it had something that tends to make things hard: nonlinearity. Basically, you had to revisit almost every area. The key quests really confused me, and for a long time I never knew there was a key in the entry room. Getting all the keys was a hassle and it challenged me too. The stalfos in there were also rather annoying for me on my first playthrough and they ended up killing me. The puzzles, when you think about it, aren't that hard but there were some points that really had me scratching my head. The boss on my first playthrough was a MENACE!!! I had no clue I had to shoot him AS HE WAS COMING OUT OF THE PORTRAITS and he got me way too much since I didn't know about the corner trick (in which you still might get hit).

#1. The Water Temple

Okay so who saw this coming? Remind me to give Kokiri Kookies to everybody who did. Anywho the Water Temple was absolutely insane. First of all, let me tell you right off the bat, that I suck at underwater combat in that game. Bad. And there were so many enemies that required golden timing which I tend not to have in a game like Zelda. And the enemies themselves were pretty decent above water, they weren't uber hard, but they weren't easy peasy. And the puzzles... they were actually a decent challenge, that's true, but they weren't as hard as people tend to say. After all, it's usually pretty obvious what to do (hit a switch from afar, etc, etc) although there were a few points where I was scratching my head. And the boss... most people use the corner trick, and at first I did too (I discovered it because I was scared to face him on the platforms... lame I know...) which made him way too easy. But in my most recent playthrough I switched it up and only fought him on the platforms. And he was really, really hard that way, which cost me two bottled fairies... until I lucked out and hit him for the last time.

Last edited:

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
Easiest to hardest:

1. Fire Temple
Out of all the temples, this is the only one I actually completely forgot about until I played through OoT again. It was rather bland design wise, and the puzzle solutions were practically given to you and weren't that hard to figure out by yourself. Plus, the dungeon item wasn't even used after the temple except to clear some rocks away and gain a doubled magic meter. Overall, this temple was just boring.

2. Water Temple
You know, I see so many comments on videos and walkthroughs that mainly consist of "Water Temple is mega uber hard LOL" but you know what? IT WASN'T THAT HARD. Aside from some slight Hookshot underwater combat issues (and those flippin Iron Boots), all you really had to do was slowly progress from floor to floor, going in every room you could find. I never found it to be too hard of a chore, it was pretty linear to me.

3. Shadow Temple
I really liked this temple and would just have liked to have a little bit more of a connection between Link and Impa other than "learn this song, save the world, see you in seven years!" The Hover Boots annoyed me with the slipping all around the place and the like, and some of the enemies were rather difficult to fight. There also wasn't really much of a unique attitude with the Lens of Truth puzzles, but they were still pretty hard some times.

4. Spirit Temple
I didn't like this temple very much, but it was unique with the child/adult return trips thing. As a child, the enemies were much more difficult to fight with your lame Kokiri Sword (IRON KNUCKLE WTF?) and having to use the child items for some things (I never realized how difficult it is to aim the Boomerang manually until then) was really annoying. Plus, aiming that Mirror Shield was really annoying for me, especially in the first Twinrova stage. BTW, those lit up sun faces scare the crap out of me.

5. Forest Temple
BLEAARGH. This was an annoying temple, and sometimes I still can't figure out where to go! That stupid shoving blocks puzzle was REALLY annoying, and it took me at least 20 tries to do it. Plus, I was never good at aiming with the controller, so all those annoying arrow puzzles were super hard for me. It also took a very long time for me to figure out how to beat Phantom Ganon, especially his little game of sword tennis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom