• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Skyward Sword Review

D

Deleted member 6224

yea im at the dungeon of Faron Woods, but its a great game so far. It took some time getting used to though

Pretty nice,what a entertaining story line........ only two hours into the game, saved and quit at the part you get the Goddess Sword. I think it was a bit fun with the Goddess Sword, I killed Gaepora with a sword beam. :lol: Not really, I am only gonna play one hour a day so it last over a month, I recommend doing so for those who like excitement, and like surprises. ;) Dont post too many spoilers guys, it needs to be awesome for me.

This isn't getting too many replies here, :lol: but hopefully it will afterwards, i'm not taking my chance with spoilers. :mad:

My review of Skyward sword.

Yay! We all finally have Skyward Sword. Sorry, couldn't wait til I was able to say that. I am going to write a full review based on what I have seen thus far. I am currently at the boss to the game's very first boss. I will admit, I am very blown away by all this game has shown me so far. For me, this game has surpassed even my expectations. And I've been playing since the nes days. As soon as I put in the game disc, and with excited and trembling hands clutched my golden wii-mote I didn't know what to expect. Then I was told of an ancient Legend. The music, and presentation already had me hooked. So here goes, my so far-official review for Skyward sword.

Graphics: The oil pastel, or water color painting look is very impressive, and refreshing. I find it very unique, and it really brings everything to life.The impressionistic painting effect from afar is also a very neat touch. I score this 10/10

Music: To me anyways, as someone who still hums old school Zelda tunes time to time, music is everything in any fantasy setting, especially when we think The Legend of Zelda series. I find that I really really love the musical scores and themes I've been hearing so far. I can easily see myself playing the tune you hear, as you fly about your loftwing. Mixed with the beautiful graphics, the art style, and music styles blend. Just making the game come alive even more. Not to mention the awesome 25th anniversary Symphony Cd, for everybody you have a well...masterpiece. I find the symphony cd breath taking, especially "Gerudo Valley" but that's personal opinion. Again, 10/10

Storyline: Alright, I can only go so far with this. I feel the storyline is alot deeper, and richer then any before it. Deeper, and more involved then any other Zelda game, modern or otherwise. Now, there is one new mechanic that alot of people may not be crazy about. There are times where you can make choices as Link, somewhat giving him a voice. but despite this brave, and quite refreshing innovation, this game should surprise any long time Zelda veteran, or embrace newcomers in the world we have all come to love anyways.

Controls With the Wii Motion plus technology, the game controls very smoothly. The controller is not as akward as it was in say, twilight princess. the controls are clean, and precise. The only thing is, regardless of how you hold the remote, Link handles the sword in a very akward way. But that's easy to let go. The controls and camera angle are very easy, and clean to begin with. I find this a life saver. They made the controls sensitive, and added several fun new innovations, making the world of Zelda, well..more interactive. I give this a 10/10

I hope you like my feedback, on skyward sword.

?

/\<^

Well on my review I will be going off of what I have seen in other Zelda games mostly.

The graphics are the best I have seen in a Zelda game. I feel they can come off as a little cartoonie but with the wii being as old as it is probably better then some newer games on z-box or playstation. But it's a very detailed way to improve on TP.

The sounds and music of course is everything I expected. Original so feel like your growing with Link or watching a movie with the huuuuuhhh sound right before it starts. Not a lot of familiar songs but the sounds of actions are a little more upscale but still everything you remembered about them.

Characters, lots of backstory and there aren't a lot so let's you focus more on them gives story more depth I felt. (side note,, not a fan of Zelda's goddess coustume)

Weapons some unique some original. But I love the way you use and stop using them. Some little unusual But in that comes the fun of playing the game. But the upgrading system I enjoy verymuch. Let's you develope which weopons you use more frequent and also time for more exploration.

The gameplay itself is amazing. I love the way the world works with its self and you. Room to discover yet stay on track. Lots of different area fields. (Fi says way to much when you go or meet something new ha kinda how I felt OoT should of been) the enemies some difficult to figure out, but once you get it done its fun to try to find new ways or more efficent to take em down. Of course got side quest but not too many to forget what's going on. Dungeons much more player involved require to think a little bit more and I allways thougt that was one of the best thing about Zelda.

Sword ,, what can I say it's awesome swing up.. Goes ^ swing right goes > but I found it kinda time consuming in battle to charge up. And if you swing to fast some calibration issues ( always found taking wiimote slow and steady very few calibration issues) but its like I can finally be Link and see what it like to save the day.

Here and there--Still enjoy Link being the strong silent type. But I dislike the jibberish somewhat. Not enough islands in sky or towns below. Maybe more bad guys (bring them on). I can always use a quest after game ending quests. Kinda kiddy but maybe been playing Zelda for too long. But all in all if you have ever played Zelda and couldn't put it down... This game is for you. Not all the way finished but I can say by far favorite on the wii and Its groundbreaking but until I finish SS, I can't say for sure... OoT is legendary. I would give this a 9.5 on a scale of 10. Maybe after I have won SS will be something not to be forgotten and certainly a stepping stone in future Zelda games to come. C:

I have beaten the main quest and started hero mode, I think i will post a review later today without spoilers I just have to play a bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom