• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Your Shocking Moments While Playing Zelda Games?

Nye Pendragon

derparific
When I was playing TP for the first time, the part where Shadow Beast took Link into the Twilight after the episode at the spring... It made me jump! It scared me to death, I wasn't expecting it at all and then BAM! Giant hand sweeps away poor dilusioned Link. xD

Or when Sheik revealed zirself* to be Princess Zelda. My brother was playing and I was watching, and we both looked at each other like, "WTH? O___O". It was really shocking to find that out!

(*ze/zir is a gender-neutral pronoun. I used it as to not give Sheik a specific gender because of all the theories floating around... |D)

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Here's one of mine: "Ohmygosh, the little green guy is not Zelda!?!?" o_O Oh yeah, that was quite a shock when in ALttP I realized that that was not his name. :xd:

I also remembered being shocked by the ending of TP when Midna destroyed the mirror, severing the ability to travel between the Light and Twilight worlds. In ALttP, I was slightly shocked when I saw that Link's uncle had lived and not died after being found wounded in the secret passage to Hyrule Castle. In WW, I was also slightly shocked when I realized that I'd get to walk into a little bit of the sunken Hyrule when going after Ganondorf and at the end when the King wished for Hyrule to be buried underwater.

P

Proud_2B_Hylian

It was SO creepy in TP at the end when Zant cracks his head and Ganondorf is like "AHHHH!!!!"

Ahh Yes the Epic More mature nature of TP. :D That and The hand gets me. My biggest recent shocker though was a glitch. I was screwing around in K-Village and used my dominion rod on a chicken. I possesd in in 3rd person for about 15 seconds. No joke. I thought it was supposed to happen so i started planning why a chicken needed to be controlled, seeing what i had to do with it. and tried once more. never worked again. :P

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
I don't think I have had a totally shocked moment that wasn't meant to shock me in the game. But something I always remember being surprised at is in Ocarina of Time when you roll or slash your sword for the first time as an adult I was going "Whoa! He hit puberty! His voice got deep man!"

Hanyou

didn't build that
There were quite a few, but the standout ones deal with the ReDeads in The Wind Waker. Those are some of the most frightening, disturbing enemies in that game, and they come out of nowhere. They don't bother me much in most other Zelda games.

Also, pretty much anything in the Bottom of the Well in OoT.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
I was shocked in WW when you had to do the temples with Maker and the other one. I don't remember their names, WW was not my favorite. Other Zeldas were predictable, besides the first three. I was shocked at every turn.

There's that point in TP when Link is learning about evil and all that... firstly, it's raining Ilias (creep factor 1), and then Link has that evil look on his face before snapping out of it (creep factor 2). Yeah. I had to take a break after that; it gave me nightmares.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Here's one of mine: "Ohmygosh, the little green guy is not Zelda!?!?" o_O Oh yeah, that was quite a shock when in ALttP I realized that that was not his name. :xd:
That's hilarious

I have several. My first is when I first met a gibdo in MM. I hadn't played OoT so I didn't know they'd FREAKIN SCREAM AT YOU AND FREEZE YOU!

The next was in the same game, in the same spot. After I got over the Gibdo incident I just kept the mask on to feel safe. Then I heard this spine chilling wind blow and OMG WHERE DID THAT HAND COME FROM! I really hate wallmasters.

Next was still in MM. When your in the water temple. I couldn't for my life figure out where the mini boss was. Then I noticed something in the middle of the map. So I went there and looked up and A FREAKING EYEBALL IS STARING AT YOU! Much like Gohma in OoT, but I hadn't played that yet.

Real bombchus freaked me out when they ran towards me and blew up.

When Midna pulls you into the twilight realm of Hyrule. A giant hand. Who expected that?

When Link flew onto the ceiling in the Goron mines of TP.

When your running through Hyrule field and things just fall out the sky so you can fight the Shadowed Beasts.

When you beat StalLord the first time and you turn around and his disembodied head is looking dead at you like your a delicious sausage.

So many, I'll come back later with more.

T

The_man

I would have to say the first time i was attacked by a flock of cucco's o so many years ago. I never saw it coming the first time and now i attack every cucco i see. If alttp taught me anything its, chickens suck and bunnies have no place on death mountain

FosterTheNation

The Better of The Best
In TP when you go into the boss room at the yeti's mansion and the girl yeti gets possessed. Scary as ish

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom