• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your PS3 Recommendations

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Hello!

I recently purchased a PS3 to play PS2 and PS1 games. I have already complied a list of PS1 and PS2 games that I will be getting.

However, I thought to myself "Well, now that I have a PS3, I might as well play PS3 games." This is where you guys come play a role! I'm hoping to get some suggestions/recommendations from any of you who have a PS3 and have enjoyed the game library.

I'd like to get at least one recommendation/suggestion from each of the following categories:

• RPG/JRPG (I already have Oblivion and Skyrim, and Tales of Vesperia)
• Action/Adventure (think: God of War/Bayonetta)
• Survival Horror (I'm already going to get F.E.A.R.)
• Other Personal Recommendations

I would really appreciate any comments!

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
My personal favorite is Burnout Paradise. It is an open world car game full of challenges like racing, road rage, and marked man. The goal of the game outside the challenges, is to get in epic crashes and do impossible tricks at terrifying speeds. There are dlc content like the legendary cars which include famous cars like the ecto 1, kitt, and the a-team van. It is definetly an awesome game and in case you were wondering, no blood/gore. No npc's to run into, just racing and crashing it's fun!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
JRPGs: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2, Drakengard 3, and Tales of Xillia
Action/Adventure: The Legend of Spyro trilogy. Takes cues from the God of War combat and Lord of the Rings (Frodo voices Spyro, for one). And technically, the third game is on the PS3 whereas the first and second games are on PS2, but that won't pose a problem with your setup.
Hack'n'Slash: Metal Gear Solid: Revengeance and Transformers: Devastation.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Ooh, PS3 is a fantastic console, grats on the purchase. As for suggestions...

RPGS/JRPGS: Never been my thing but I heard the Persona games are p good and Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is a solid game as well. There's also South Park: Stick of Truth if you dont have that for other platforms.

Action/Adventure: If shooters aren't your thing, i don't have much here. My personal favorites are inFamous 1 and 2, the Bioshock series, Red Dead Redemption and Dead Space.

My own personal recommendation is GET KATAMARI FOREVER. GET IT. GET THAT GAME ITS ONE OF THE BEST GAMES OF THE CONSOLE JUST GET IT. GET IT NOW. GO TO THE STORE, TALK TO THE GUY GO "YES I'D LIKE A KATAMARI FOREVER, PLEASE", BUY IT FOR WHATEVER THEY CHARGE YOU AND PLAY IT ITS SO GOOD HOLY ****.

Mido

Version 1
F.E.A.R. is definitely a good series to try. I've only played parts of F.E.A.R. 2, and it was a fun experience!

Aside from the suggestions above, I would recommend the Ratchet and Clank series. The series is well known for its strong grasp of 3D platforming and gunplay; making it one of Sony's most iconic series.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Excellent guys! A lot of these games I have heard of and I know they were very important for the console, especially the console exclusives, so it's good to know they were also good games.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
off the bat,here's a few games I really enjoyed
Metal gear Solid 4
Grand Theft Auto 4
Bioshock
Sonic Generations
Rayman Origins
Batman Arkham Asylum & City
and of course the HD remaster compilations of PS2 games, such as Metal Gear Solid, Jak & Daxter, you get the idea

oh but real quick, if you want to look into the uncharted series, I honestly do not recommend uncharted 1, that game did nothing for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom